Kubota L2350

mojoman1963

Equipment
kubota L2850
Nov 29, 2019
Vandergift Pa 15690
I'm looking at a Kubota L2350. The issue with the tractor is it will not move forward or backwards. The guy said that when he adds fluid to the transmission the oil comes out the by pass hose by the engine as fast as your putting in the oil. Wanted to see if this is a big issue and worth pursuing?? I appreciate any help on this matter

rut3556

Equipment
L2250, TG1860
Oct 23, 2015
NH, USA
I can't speak for the oil matter, but if it's a "shuttle" shifter like my L2250 make sure the low/high lever (rabbit/turtle) on the left side of your seat isn't in the neutral position. If so, the tractor won't move forward or back.

mojoman1963

Equipment
kubota L2850
Nov 29, 2019
Vandergift Pa 15690
I can't speak for the oil matter, but if it's a "shuttle" shifter like my L2250 make sure the low/high lever (rabbit/turtle) on the left side of your seat isn't in the neutral position. If so, the tractor won't move forward or back.
I'm not sure if there is some seal or something that's making it build up pressure and blowing it out through the tube. I meant to say this happens when the tractor is running.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The Hydraulic fluid coming out of the motor is because it's blown the seal or damaged the hydraulic pump.

Check the position of the three point control(set it to the middle for now till you can adjust thing to make it right.

Does it have a FEL (loader)?

The reason it won't move will have nothing to do with that, as it's all mechanical.

Engage the PTO and see if it spins while you try and move the tractor, if nothing then most likely the clutch is out.
It's not that hard or expensive to fix, if the PTO spins, then there is either a transmission or rear diff/axle issue.

mojoman1963

Equipment
kubota L2850
Nov 29, 2019
Vandergift Pa 15690
The Hydraulic fluid coming out of the motor is because it's blown the seal or damaged the hydraulic pump.

Check the position of the three point control(set it to the middle for now till you can adjust thing to make it right.

Does it have a FEL (loader)?

The reason it won't move will have nothing to do with that, as it's all mechanical.

Engage the PTO and see if it spins while you try and move the tractor, if nothing then most likely the clutch is out.
It's not that hard or expensive to fix, if the PTO spins, then there is either a transmission or rear diff/axle issue.
That's what I figured it was a seal to cause the blow by. The tractor has a fel and a back hoe attachment which both work fine. The guy fired it up and was showing the tractor to me. He put it into gear and it slightly moved. This makes me believe that it might possibly be the clutch. It's a older tractor and looks used. They were using it up to a month ago. I'm still at the negotiation stage. I didn't want to get involved with a can of worms with major issues with the tractor. Thanks for the response

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
For negotiations sake....

it might need a clutch. Figure $1200-$1800 if you pay someone.
Or it might need transmission repair. Could be $500-$3500, who knows....and nobody will know until they're actually into the transmission. I know of a couple issues that are somewhat common the L2350/L2500/L2600/L3000.

What I do is figure the high end, and deduct that from what he's asking. Usually they'll meet you in the middle somewhere but not always. I've had them deduct the full amount and they're fine with it and I've had them tell me that they can have it fixed for $150 by Joe Blow up the road that's got a shade tree and a rope. In that case walking away without a word is the best option. If the seller wants to sell, they'll try harder. I've bought several tractors over the years and have never once gotten duped, but I am always fair and never trying to get over on anyone; although they might think so.

fj40dave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LA534, BH77, TPD35, RCF2060, BB1566, RGA1258
Sep 24, 2009
Yelm, WA
There's a little O-Ring on the mechanical hydraulic pump mounted on the engine....and when it fails, it pushes hydraulic fluid into the engine crank case.
It ends up pushing the dip stick out, and also coming out the breather tube.
I figured this out in 2010 when I rebuilt this L295
The tractor still moved though....
Does the motor start?

Attachments

Last edited: