kubota L235 no hydrolics

sherman

Equipment
kubota L235dt
Dec 7, 2013
newalla oklahoma
can someone tell me where the control valve is located on a l235dt, i been looking on kubota.com and see nothing that looks like whats on thier micro fish buts (maybe) show to be internal under the seat

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Simple it's under the cover, under your seat.

Normally the valve is the least of your possible problems, I would be checking other things first.

L235Dt hyd control.JPG

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Check you pickup tube first. It is a common problem for them to spit and draw air. I have a friend with a 235, and his 3 point wouldn't lift. He replaced the pump and looked at the valve, but it turned out to be the tube.

sherman

Equipment
kubota L235dt
Dec 7, 2013
newalla oklahoma
thanks, this tractor i bought two weeks ago has a loader which isnt doing anything but setting on the ground. the first thing i did was pulled the hydrolic pump which had seals that had come apart, everything looked ok so i did a rebiuld on it. the pump seems to be starving for fuild, it has a new canister filter and new fluid, has no in trany screen that i can find. i think it has to push to be able to pull the fluid and ive cleaned every thing else that i thought could be stuck. I will check that pick up tube. any other ideals would be most apprecated

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
It has a pickup screen but you'll never find it without pictures . Look at the videos Vic has posted on the first (main) page, I think there is one that shows where that screen is. Have a LARGE drain bucket under it when you take it loose.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Need more information because something doesn't add up.
Does it have power steering?
Does the three point work at all?
How and where (pictures would help) does the loader connect to the hydraulic system?
What hydraulic fluid is in it?

sherman

Equipment
kubota L235dt
Dec 7, 2013
newalla oklahoma
hi again well i checked that pickup up tube it was ok but the seal going into the pump had got out of place so i fixed that and it started to try to work.(the three piont and loader) the load would start to lift the bleed back off, now when it starts to move there a sound in the lower cases when the noise stop the loader stops moving, cant see through the sight glass to see if there enough fluid ( or down the fill hole) can find anything on pick up screens on this tractor

sherman

Equipment
kubota L235dt
Dec 7, 2013
newalla oklahoma
Hi again everybody, i finnally got back to working on the tractor, retighten everything. when i started the tractor the loader would slowlly start to move. figuring it was working out the air it would raise a little then start dropping a couple on inches the after a few seconds it would start lifting again. it did this little dance all the way up. then I ran it all the way down and then started back up again and it did it the same way, could i have a low fluid level? the sight glass is going have to be pulled or replaced due to it being cloudy.

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
As Wolfman asked does the three point hitch work properly. Not sure if yours is the same but my B7200 has a tiny isolation valve on the block where the hoses feeding the loader control valve attach. If this is turned a bit it would restrict the flow and cause your problems. Mine is just a small shaft sticking out of the valve with a small roll pin in the end of it to act as a stop. Could be easily overlooked. It is there to isolate the loader hoses for servicing.
Another thing I will mention which is probably not related to your problem is that if you have something on the three point hitch that will interfere with it reaching its upper position and the control leaver is brought all the way up it will cause the fluid to bypass through the relief. I have this when I inadvertently pull the leaver up when my backhoe is attached and I try to operate the loader. There is usually a noise when this happens. When the relief is operating the loader does strange things and has actually reversed operation sometimes.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sherman,
You really need to answer some of my questions for me or anyone else to be able to help you properly!

This is a pic of your hydraulic system, I really need to know how they hooked the loaders hydraulic control to this system!
And yes there is no screen in your model.

Attachments

sherman

Equipment
kubota L235dt
Dec 7, 2013
newalla oklahoma
thanks for the help, the 3 piont acts just like the loader, the loader is hooked on by two hoses the attach just under the seat on the left side, there is a twist valve just under front and center of the seat, left to lock right to open. i have played with it in all position which doesnt seem to make differance

Last edited:

Donystoy

Equipment
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
Sounds like the problem could be within the tractor. If you have the isolation valve I mentioned previously, you can close it to isolate the loader control valve. If the three point hitch still acts the same you have at least eliminated the loader valve as a problem. What is the history of the tractor such as hours etc.?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Ok answers really help!

It's not the Loader or 3 point valve.
It could be, but highly unlikely, the diverter valve (the valve you turn to make either the loader or the three point work).
Test one: With the diverter valve turned to either the loader or the 3 point does the other try to work also? If it does then you have a bad or plugged diverter valve, valve probably has bad O-rings again.

What type and brand of hydraulic fluid did you use?
What brand of filter?
Have you pulled the filter back off to check and see if it's full of fluid?
Your next test is going to require you to get a pressure gauge and check the pump pressure, You can get the Gauge off EBay for $9 or so and you can also get the needed fittings and hose for cheap too.

Last edited:

sherman

Equipment
kubota L235dt
Dec 7, 2013
newalla oklahoma
3600 hrs, dont know much about the history except the girl I bought it from had it for a few years and she had took it to the kabota dealership days before i bought it off her. i was told they flush the hydrolics and changed the fluids. back in may we got a direct hit from a f-4 tornado, the tractor appeared to only suffer damage to the exhaust which kabota fixed, there is one thing i need to check, after starting it last night with just idleing i could hear a noise like maybe sucking air under the right foot pad, maybe the intake tube, like i was told to check very first thing thanks again

Donystoy

Equipment
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
If you are lucky you have found the problem with the inlet tube.
I hope you got this tractor for a super price considering it had no hydraulics and 3600 hours.
I have a friend who is looking for a Kubota and asked me to look at a used one with him. It think it was a B1750 with 3600 hours and was very beat up. The front end loader was also very slow in responding and I told my friend to look elsewhere. They wanted $7800 for a piece of junk.

sherman

Equipment
kubota L235dt
Dec 7, 2013
newalla oklahoma
If you are lucky you have found the problem with the inlet tube.
I hope you got this tractor for a super price considering it had no hydraulics and 3600 hours.
I have a friend who is looking for a Kubota and asked me to look at a used one with him. It think it was a B1750 with 3600 hours and was very beat up. The front end loader was also very slow in responding and I told my friend to look elsewhere. They wanted $7800 for a piece of junk.
I gave 3200 for it, it could stand a paint job ( i will do that later)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
This is for the gauge.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Hydraul...ic_Hydraulic_Valves_Parts&hash=item3a882f4a79

Either order this or go to a auto parts store and pick up a grease gun whip, read it to make sure it says 3000PSI or better, most do.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/18-GREASE-G...210?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53de06482a

Go to a hardware store like Home Depot or Lowes and get 2 Brass fittings, 1/4" NPT Female to 1/8" NPT Female, and 1/8" NPT female to 1/2" NPT male.

That will set you right up with a test pressure Gauge kit.

sherman

Equipment
kubota L235dt
Dec 7, 2013
newalla oklahoma
This is for the gauge.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Hydraul...ic_Hydraulic_Valves_Parts&hash=item3a882f4a79

Either order this or go to a auto parts store and pick up a grease gun whip, read it to make sure it says 3000PSI or better, most do.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/18-GREASE-G...210?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53de06482a

Go to a hardware store like Home Depot or Lowes and get 2 Brass fittings, 1/4" NPT Female to 1/8" NPT Female, and 1/8" NPT female to 1/2" NPT male.

That will set you right up with a test pressure Gauge kit.
thanks Idaho, I'm still ( when i have time) trying to check that pickup tube for a air leak but looks like im going to have to pull it off to do that. this is where im so far and it leads me to ask 1 more question. when idleing i can hear noise when i activeate any hydrolics from the location of the pickup tube under the the right foot pad and i noticed it is up tight to the case wear it may have rubed for years. my question is this, is there any thing inside the case straight down from the fill cap in front of the seat that could be make this noise. looking at the schematics, I find nothing to do with hydrolics in this area. and the noise is in this area which is where the tube is up tight on the case.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
One of mine had rubbed a hole in a line about where you are describing it, so yes it can happen and when it does sometimes it doesn't even leak. Best bet pull it off and check for holes or cracks.
If you pull the cap and hear a sucking sound from in there that would tell me you have the fluid too low. But it would have to be really low as it draws from a ways down in the case, just double check the level. Your probably just hearing an echo in the case.