Kubota L185DT and tire Info

kwolfey

Equipment
L185DT
Apr 13, 2018
Indiana
I recently purchased a L185DT(My first Kubota) that has been sitting in a barn since 2004. Got her drug out, drained the fuel, replaced the fuel filter, replaced the air filter and new battery. After filling her up with some fresh fuel and bleeding everything fuel relatied she fired up.

Now for the bad... the front tires are rotted it has 6-14 Bridgestone Ag tires on it but I noticed Tractor Data said it took 6.00-14. I ordered Deestone 6.00-14 Ag tires online but after ordering I'm seeing some conflict as to whether these will work or not. It has Firestone 9.5-24 Ag tires on the rear, they seem to be in good shape other than some minor side wall cracking.

What are people putting on L185DTs for tires? Does anybody know the original factory rear wheel to front wheel ratio?

I'm new to this and have read as much as I can on different sites, just not sure if the tires I ordered will maintain the proper ratio.

Thank you for any help!!

Last edited:

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I recently purchased a L185DT(My first Kubota) that has been sitting in a barn since 2004. Got her drug out, drained the fuel, replaced the fuel filter, replaced the air filter and new battery. After filling her up with some fresh fuel and bleeding everything fuel relatied she fired up.

Now for the bad... the front tires are rotted it has 6-14 Bridgestone tires on it but I noticed Tractor Data said it took 6.00-14. I ordered Deestone 6.00-14 tires online but after ordering I'm seeing some conflict as to whether these will work or not. It has Firestone 9.5-24 on the rear, they seem to be in good shape other than some minor side wall cracking.

What are people putting on L185DTs for tires? Does anybody know the original factory rear wheel to front wheel ratio?

I'm new to this and have read as much as I can on different sites, just not sure if the tires I ordered will maintain the proper ratio.

Thank you for any help!!
Welcome to the forum. It would help if you told us what kind of tires are on it now, Ag tires, R4's or turf. There are plenty of people on the forum with lots of knowledge so you should have the answer you need soon.

http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/001/2/7/1277-kubota-l185-dimensions.html

kwolfey

Equipment
L185DT
Apr 13, 2018
Indiana
Welcome to the forum. It would help if you told us what kind of tires are on it now, Ag tires, R4's or turf. There are plenty of people on the forum with lots of knowledge so you should have the answer you need soon.

http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/001/2/7/1277-kubota-l185-dimensions.html
Thank You Bearbait. I updated my original post with the additional info. The problem with the link from TractorData is it says the front tires for a L185DT should be 6.00-14 and the Kubota owners manual says they should be 6-14.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Factory tire per Kubota are 6-14 Not the larger 6.00-14.

WillD

Equipment
L185DT, L3901HST
Mar 6, 2018
Washington, ME
Thank You Bearbait. I updated my original post with the additional info. The problem with the link from TractorData is it says the front tires for a L185DT should be 6.00-14 and the Kubota owners manual says they should be 6-14.

According to the worn out sticker from the fender of my 1977 L185DT, they were 6-14 front.

Attachments

Last edited:

marka

Dec 9, 2018
Youngstown, OH
Howdy,

Hopefully the old thread bump is ok...

I've got an L185DT that my dad bought new in 1979 and after 40 years, it appears its time to replace some tires. :)

I'm curious if anyone makes a 6-14 R4 tire? My tractor used to do woods service, but now its mostly just hanging out on my lawn, plowing my driveway, or moving our enclosed trailer around... I'm hoping I can get something with a less aggressive tread.

Anyone know? I'm also not completely opposed to doing new rears at the same time if I have to, to keep the drive ratios the same. Might also consider R3/Turf tires, as long as the load rating on the rear didn't drop significantly (the enclosed trailer puts a good bit of weight on the rear of the tractor).

Appreciate any pointers!

Mark

Last edited: