Kubota Insurance

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Kubota referred me to the website when they declined to sell me insurance for a 2020 tractor that I purchased used as a private sale. I just got an "inland marine" policy covering my tractor and all accessory items that I have, a total value of $30,000 for $107.00

TX Chris

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5400, BH92, RTV900, ZD326
Dec 14, 2020
Rowlett, TX
I could be wrong here, but my understanding is that there are two types of policies from KTAC. One for new Kubota's that are financed through Kubota - this policy includes the buy-back / "replacement" feature. Or you can get a more standard policy (cheaper) for a tractor that is not financed through Kubota - this does not include the "replacement" feature.

This is at least what I've gathered from the million other insurance threads on here.

Reactions: 1 users

MNVikingsGuy

Equipment
LX3310, FEL, 60" bucket, 60" grapple, 60" box blade, 60" flail, LX2980 blower,
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota
I could be wrong here, but my understanding is that there are two types of policies from KTAC. One for new Kubota's that are financed through Kubota - this policy includes the buy-back / "replacement" feature. Or you can get a more standard policy (cheaper) for a tractor that is not financed through Kubota - this does not include the "replacement" feature.

This is at least what I've gathered from the million other insurance threads on here.
That's how I understood it.

When I looked into it last fall for a new LX3310, I had three choices: If I financed, the KTAC that included "standard" insurance, "off-premises" coverage, and "user error" insurance all at full replacement value. If I did not finance, the "standard" coverage + "off-premises" + "user error" coverage but at depreciated value. Finally, non-KTAC insurance with homeowners insurer (or the like) that just covered "standard" insurance for fire & theft on-premises only at depreciated value.

Reactions: 1 user

doublebass73

Equipment
L2501F, 68" Pull Type Snowblower, Spreader, Dirt Scoop
Oct 7, 2020
NH
I paid cash for my L2501 and opted not to get KTAC.