Kubota hst recall update

Fat Tony

Equipment
Grand L6060, L4474 snow blower, ZD331 zero turn mower,RTV1120, KX91-3
Jan 31, 2020
Honesdale Pennsylvania
I just heard from Kubota they told me that the parts are coming in 2 weeks- I told them that I wanted them to take this tractor back and give me a new one with all of the same options- cause we all know that the tractor will never be the same once they remove the cab and split the unit in half. I have been in the automotive business for more than 38 years and if they are anything like car dealers then beware. :eek:

Reactions: 1 user

ttpp

Oct 17, 2017
CA
I have a 2010 B3030 HSTDCC that I purchased used with 42 hours on it in the fall 2010
Kubota bought it back from original purchaser due to a clunk when ever it changed direction
They install a new coupler from engine to hydrostatic unit,new hydrostatic unit,new rear diff,1 new rear axle & a wheel
This work required cab off & split which I was there to see it in many pieces with cab hanging 6 feet above the rest of the parts
Now it got all most 800 hours & never been 1 issue with anything related to that work
Keep all maintenance done to service manual been a wonderful unit
Been in automotive repair since 1980 & stopped counting to major repairs I've completed (frames on truck,cars,fire repairs etc)
It really depends on the person doing the work & if they care or the shop cares
If you can't tell it been apart usually a good sign they care if you can tell(looks out of place/sloppy/ not done as new)then you have issue

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
They aren't. Slock at least mine isn't. Don't know where you bought it but I can vouch for my dealer being 110% capable.

Far as taking it back, don't think that will happen. Once it leaves the dealer's lot it's a used unit. You might want to try an attorney but I myself think you are wasting your time.

My dealer had my M9 all apart last winter, all over the floor and in boxes and on the bench. Put it all back together and I cannot tell it was apart except for the oozing 3 Bond they use for gasket sealer.

I think you are over reacting to something you should not be getting your panties in a wad over.

Like I said, don't know where you bought it at but if I had one and was in the same boat, I'd not be worried at all.

Last edited:

Fat Tony

Equipment
Jan 31, 2020
Honesdale Pennsylvania
I agree- but this shop keeps changing techs- its like a revolving door and I don't think they really care. When I got this tractor 5 months ago they did not tighten the loader frame- it was hand tight I mean I could remove the nuts with my fingers. I am waiting to hear from my salesman to discuss the issue.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

Fat Tony

Equipment
Jan 31, 2020
Honesdale Pennsylvania
Hi Sidecarflip I had bought a zero turn from them it was a diesel it had 5 hours on it and one of the drives went bad- it only went left- they replaced the drive and it was never the same again-they took it back and cancelled the loan- I have to wait and see- now if they want to pay me to do it that is a whole different story- I would do it but we know that wont happen

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Keep on mind that ANY dealer can handle the recall, you don't have to go to the selling dealer, that is your prerogative entirely. Maybe I'd shop around for another Kubota dealer if you feel that one is suspect.

My dealer has had the same technicians for as long as I can remember, Dennis, the lead guy who works on my tractors has been there 26 years. Of course Dennis and I are personal friends and have been for years too but regardless of that, I trust him to do it right anyway. He knows his chit...

He's a good handgun marksman too. We shoot at the same club.

Have a nice relationship with them, always have. Last year I needed the special Kubota tool to remount my cast center rears after I had new tires mounted. I takes a special deep shoulder lug nut and an insertion tool to start them. Called my dealer and asked if I could borrow the tool instead of buying one. No problem. trundled over and picked it up, remounted my rims and took it back. No charge. Why I deal with them exclusively. Other than hay tools, I'm all Kubota.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Hi Sidecarflip I had bought a zero turn from them it was a diesel it had 5 hours on it and one of the drives went bad- it only went left- they replaced the drive and it was never the same again-they took it back and cancelled the loan- I have to wait and see- now if they want to pay me to do it that is a whole different story- I would do it but we know that wont happen

I'd tell you to call my dealer but we are in SE Michigan and I don't know where in PA you are at but I'd imagine my dealer is a bit far of a treck for you. Did you contact Messicks per chance? I hear they are a good outfit from others.

Pau7220

Equipment
L3650 GST, Landpride TL250 FEL w/ Piranha, 6' King Kutter, GM1084R Finish
Aug 1, 2017
Scranton, PA
I agree- but this shop keeps changing techs- its like a revolving door and I don't think they really care. When I got this tractor 5 months ago they did not tighten the loader frame- it was hand tight I mean I could remove the nuts with my fingers. I am waiting to hear from my salesman to discuss the issue.
I'll assume you're referring to the dealer on the way out of town.
First and only time I was in there, I went in for a pile of o-rings. Asked for an oil, hydraulic, and power steering filter. He proceeded to drop 3 grey filters on the counter... had no markings on them whatsoever. He told me that's because they were a factory dealer and that's the way they received their OE filters. :confused: Needless to say I left them on the counter and ordered from Messicks.

Last edited:

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I just heard from Kubota they told me that the parts are coming in 2 weeks- I told them that I wanted them to take this tractor back and give me a new one with all of the same options- cause we all know that the tractor will never be the same once they remove the cab and split the unit in half. I have been in the automotive business for more than 38 years and if they are anything like car dealers then beware. :eek:
Good luck with that.

SDT

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Getting a Dealer / Kubota to take back a tractor for a recall item is reaching pretty far, would an automotive dealer do that, nope!

They have acknowledged they have an issue and they acknowledged they have a fix, that's more than most tractor companies do! ;)

Fat Tony

Equipment
Jan 31, 2020
Honesdale Pennsylvania
Hi Wolfman- If my new ford had less than 100 miles on it and it needed a major recall which consisted of removing the cab to do a recall on the high pressure pump- I would force them to take it back and give me a new one. Call me bitch or what ever but very few people takes pride in what they do (in the auto field or in any field for that matter) I know being in that field for a long time have seen alot of shotty work. I just spoke to my sales person and he assures me that when the work is done I am going over that tractor with a fine tooth comb and if it is not right That I will have the option of fixing it to my standards or getting another tractor. I understand that it is a piece of machinery but all of my equipment is in pristine condition. Thats just the way I am- buy the best and buy it once

Kurtee

Equipment
BX2660, BX2680 cab, JD 2032R, Honda 5518, JD X590, JD X739
Oct 3, 2013
Nicollet, mn
Hi Wolfman- If my new ford had less than 100 miles on it and it needed a major recall which consisted of removing the cab to do a recall on the high pressure pump- I would force them to take it back and give me a new one. Call me bitch or what ever but very few people takes pride in what they do (in the auto field or in any field for that matter) I know being in that field for a long time have seen alot of shotty work. I just spoke to my sales person and he assures me that when the work is done I am going over that tractor with a fine tooth comb and if it is not right That I will have the option of fixing it to my standards or getting another tractor. I understand that it is a piece of machinery but all of my equipment is in pristine condition. Thats just the way I am- buy the best and buy it once
Some people are just not worth dealing with. I hope your dealer understands that.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
And how would you "force" them to do that?

The warranty has no such provision.

Your dealer MAY choose to do so but neither the dealer nor Kubota has any legal obligation to do so.

SDT

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Cant disagree with the pride in the automotive world, I see the same things everyday as well. But your not going to get a vehicle or anything bought back because it has a recall on it regardless of age. We do recalls on new vehicles on the lot before they are even sold. Ive had cabs off of trucks straight off the transport truck, stuff happens. The manufacturer has a chance to make it right, what happens on the dealer level can make that good or bad.

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
In reality (every day life) concerning Ford pickup trucks with the now popular stubby hood, removing the cab for motor work is SOP. It's the only way to access the back of the engine.

Why I keep my OBS Ford pickup. Granted it's tight to get to the rear right bank valve cover bolts and the rear 2 head bolts on that bank, but it is doable as is the turbocharger and down pipes. On any Ford built after 1998, cab removal again is SOP. It's the only way to access the motor and it's not a big deal to remove either.

I imagine it's the same with a Chevy-GMC with a Duramax. Dodge Ram, probably not because the motor is an I-6, not a V8.

They look kind of neat with no cabs. I've seen a few.

fmgsr

Dec 19, 2018
PA
Tony, same dealer down here in Swifterwater. I am kinda sorry I bought from them. Rotten price, he stuck to list. took his time with it. Service?????

dochsml

Equipment
L4701HST
Jan 21, 2020
Leonard, TX, USA
If someone actually gets their dealer to buy their tractor back at the price they paid, please post it on here. I would like to stop renting things and start buying from them instead! :rolleyes: