Kubota flat faced couplers

Downeaster

Equipment
Kubota BX1880, loader, mower deck, and ballast
Oct 18, 2022
Waterford, Maine
I have a question, and maybe someone knows the answer. When I disconnected the loader on my BX1880 this winter to put on the the snowblower, i did everything right to disconnect the lines so there would be no pressure when I hooked up this spring. Nope there was pressure in the lines, and I had to loosen the nut to let out a little hydraulic oil. It is hooked up okay now. Here is my question do they make a small hydraulic cable that you can hook up the loader while not in use, by plugging it in to the in and out loader couplers. Mine being the quick disconnect that hooks all 4 lines at once would obviously need to lines. If you understand what I am saying do they make a coupler line to keep hydraulic oil neutral while not in use. That way when I want to put the loader back on months later, things will go smooth. Any ideas.

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
Ya that particular setup would not be cheap. I have the same thing on mine with 8hoses. The lever will force the stubborn valve open. If you wait that long as you describe the delta pressure would be very extreme. Id just pull up to the loader every once and a while to connect the hose to neutralize the pressures. A whole season change is outside of the design constraints. Look on ebay, sometimes people sell that 4hose coupler.

imnukensc

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 10, 2015
Midlands of SC
They don't make one that I'm aware of, but you could make one (or two) up that would work as long as it had a bleeder valve on it/them. Pressure would still build up due to temperature change, but at least you could bleed it off.

Downeaster

Equipment
Oct 18, 2022
Waterford, Maine
Kind of what I thought, but hoped, just maybe. I saw a video where someone made up a hose maybe 18 inch long, but with the non flat couplers.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Easiest thing to do is make an adapter from flat to pioneer coupler. If you disconnect the flat and put the adapter on it right away it wont be an issue. I guess when the fluid cools enough it expands a bit? Or maybe the hoses contract. I have had the same issue on mine, but since making those 2 adapters No issues. I just tap the ends of the pioneers when I go to plug it back up to relieve the pressure.

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Next time take a bucket of ice cold water and toss it on the cylinders!

Downeaster

Equipment
Oct 18, 2022
Waterford, Maine
Easiest thing to do is make an adapter from flat to pioneer coupler. If you disconnect the flat and put the adapter on it right away it wont be an issue. I guess when the fluid cools enough it expands a bit? Or maybe the hoses contract. I have had the same issue on mine, but since making those 2 adapters No issues. I just tap the ends of the pioneers when I go to plug it back up to relieve the pressure.
Now that is what I was thinking. Tnx.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
It is just the opposite of what you have written. As fluid cools, it contracts and as it gets hot, it expands. Using a spare coupler to release the pressure is the simplest method to relieve the pressure in the lines. Just make sure that the coupler that you use is wrapped in a cloth so you don't injure yourself with the high-pressure oil spraying on your hands. Most likely there will not be enough pressure in the line if it isn't connected to the tractor, but never gamble, take precautions, and be safe.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
It is just the opposite of what you have written. As fluid cools, it contracts and as it gets hot, it expands. Using a spare coupler to release the pressure is the simplest method to relieve the pressure in the lines. Just make sure that the coupler that you use is wrapped in a cloth so you don't injure yourself with the high-pressure oil spraying on your hands. Most likely there will not be enough pressure in the line if it isn't connected to the tractor, but never gamble, take precautions, and be safe.
Thanks for clarifying. Yes I always use a rag and gloves...gloves and eyewear when dealing with any pressurized hoses. Good reminder for everyone.

I just turn my pioneer upside down and tap it on the tractor metal somewhere. I usually just get a little gob of fluid and its good to go.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Kind of what I thought, but hoped, just maybe. I saw a video where someone made up a hose maybe 18 inch long, but with the non flat couplers.

Just go to a hydraulic shop and have them make one. You can order the couplers yourself to save some $$. Flat face are $$$.

Downeaster

Equipment
Oct 18, 2022
Waterford, Maine
Thanks for the info... I have not been using gloves, or eyewear, but will from now on. I will have to find a hydraulic shop. Maybe NAPA will do it.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Would this do what you need? You would need to get the couplers to match your loader with NPT thread. Seeing as it is NPT, you could go all crazy and T in a brass ball valve to bleed any pressure after storage.