Kubota Finishing Mower

littleduck

Equipment
Kubota B2400
Aug 3, 2019
Brigg, Lincolnshire, UK
I have a Kubota 5ft 9154 finishing mower which was I a bit of a sorry state. I’ve stripped it into its component parts ready to shotblast, prime and paint (in Kubota Orange) before reassembly. Lots of things to buy for it - 4x new wheels, make some wheel axles, make some spacers for wheels... list could continue. One thing I am amazed at is it’s made from 1/4” plate!

Couple of questions - I went into local Kubota dealer to ask about spare parts (main problem being that the 3pt link a frame has been snapped off and I need another. Sadly it’s apparently welded to main deck and not sold separately. Anyone know dimension of a 3pt link? New to all this so not sure if they are all the same.

Secondly I’ve sadly snapped the main pulley (bloody cast iron!) so need to find a replacement/alternative one.

The a frame that’s missing. I’m pretty sure it’s the same thing as this Wessex

Any help appreciated.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I think what you have is referred to as a grooming mower. The purpose of the wheels in each corner is to allow the mower to set level with the contour of the grass it's cutting. It probably has three blades. That is also called a finish mower, just a bit different in style.

Many finish mowers do not have the 4 wheels, but use the 3point arms to hold up the front of the mower. The 4 wheels is what makes it a grooming mower.

A brush mower will typically have only two blades swinging off of a hub (called a stump jumper).

By the way, your pictures are much much too large.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Should be a finish mower, as rotary cutters don't have front wheels to float. ;)

Are you going to fabricate the front three point hitch yourself or have it done?
If so, then here is the chart to make it the right size.

Attachments

littleduck

Equipment
Kubota B2400
Aug 3, 2019
Brigg, Lincolnshire, UK
Thanks for the replies.

North Idaho Wolfman - I will get someone to manufacture the item as it’s not something I can do (yet)

D2Cat - it’s from the early 90’s so names may have changed. I got the instruction manual from the supplier and it says it’s a rotary cutter on the front. I’m hoping I can fit finishing mower blades to if rather than the blade bar plus tip arrangement. I’ve got to buy a couple of spares to get it working first and annoying broke a cast iron pulley taking it off!

You live and learn I guess!