Kubota electric for kids

endoscott

Equipment
B21
Sep 12, 2018
Redmond, WA
I own 2 Kubota tractors and my son has one. Wanting to find a "child size" electric kubota for 5 year old grandson. Does Kubota make such a thing? Tons of chinese junk that he would outgrow too soon. Would like something he can ride until he is at least 8 and his legs long enough to run the B7100.

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
When my grandkids were five and six I bought them the John Deere battery operated gator from walmart. It lasted them 3 years. Put a couple batteries in it during that time. It was a great machine and they could actually do a few little chores with it. They hauled chicken feed and grass clippings for me. The only thing I know Kubota sells is the little pedal tractors. They are as much as the battery operated gator. as the battery operated gator.

Reactions: 1 user

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Nah, the 1880 would be perfect size. Only $20 grand with loader and belly mower. You can watch them work for you. Come on, you have deep pockets. :eek:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Not that it matters, but I'm not a fan of the BX slams.

Some are just too proud of their giant compact tractors. LOL. Which are simple toys compared to real tractors. IT never ends until the biggest is made and the guy who has the bread to buy it. He must be King. ?

Right?

BX folks, I've never had one but my B7100 was pretty close. Stay the course. BX is a good machine. I am happy to consider you on the Kubota team.

Last edited:

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
My kids had the battery operated Jeep from Walmart. They were 3 years separated in age and they drove that thing everywhere for at least 6 years, then we gave it to the neighbor kid. I think it lasted at least another 3 years. That thing kept going and wouldn’t die. The wheels were run bald.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Not that it matters, but I'm not a fan of the BX slams.

Some are just too proud of their giant compact tractors. LOL. Which are simple toys compared to real tractors. IT never ends until the biggest is made and the guy who has the bread to buy it. He must be King. ?

Right?

BX folks, I've never had one but my B7100 was pretty close. Stay the course. BX is a good machine. I am happy to consider you on the Kubota team.
Just for the record, it has been a running joke here for a while since we used to have a member that was very proud of his 2 real tractors.

🍻

• Haha

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
This is not advice, but simply a tale of events that may, or may not have happened.

There once was a guy from Nantucket.......oops wrong fable.

Haahahah....anyhow, if your grandson is capable, maybe a "booster seat" can be fabbed up so that he can sort of "ride the front" of the seat and still reach the pedals while still utilizing the seat belt? (oh you might have to defeat the "seat switch' too)🤫

I started my grandson on the backhoe and just recently he started driving the tractor. Our land is pretty flat and he just likes tearing up/driving around the back yard, and digging holes with the backhoe so he can fill them in.

Edit: For the record I drive the tractor out of the barn, and around the cars, to avoid a "side swiping" event. Then he gets on it, when its "out in the open".

He has a blast.

Sorry I have no idea about where to find an electric one though.

Last edited:

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872, Defender HD9 XT
Oct 14, 2023
bc
Just for the record, it has been a running joke here for a while since we used to have a member that was very proud of his 2 real tractors.

🍻
Out of curiosity, and a chuckle, what did this individual consider "real" tractors?