Kubota bx2360 major issue

yanky

Equipment
Kubota bx2360
Jul 9, 2015
South Fallsburg, NY
Hi guys

oil Filter near mid PTO was broken off tractor and the male thread mount for filter broke off with it, is the male mount thread part of the the entire cover or is it a part i can just remove with an easy out.
please help thanks

Attachments

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
Look in the hole with flashlight if you see a hex hole in the bottom. If so,it will probably come out with an allen wrench. If there is no hex, it's very likely cast and threaded. Someone that has been into one will weigh in soon.

yanky

Equipment
Kubota bx2360
Jul 9, 2015
South Fallsburg, NY
thanks guys,

can you please advise me how long it should take to change the hst cover and if there is a gasket kit that has to be purchased with it?

Thanks

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Before I'd go to replacing the cover, I'd try an easy out. Many filters like that sit on a piece of threaded "pipe". It would seem pretty dumb to cast that cover with this sticking out and then requiring it be threaded. So much easier with the threaded pipe method..

Let us know the outcome. It may be one more reason for me to dump off my BX and go for blue like my other tractors.

Shadow

May 18, 2015
Somewhere
It's cast together, you will have to remove the transmission as a whole, remove the HST unit, and then remove that front cover and replace. There's a few o rings, but most of it is sealed with Ultra Grey silicone. For a guy that's never done it before, about a 20 hr job.