Kubota BX2200 Unit Flasher

Zb262416

Equipment
2004 Kubota BX2200
May 5, 2022
Ohio
I recently purchased a 2004 Kubota BX2200 off someone. When I got it the hazard lights and turn signals did not work at all. I discovered the unit flasher is just missing. I also noticed the wire connector plug that plugs to the flasher unit looks like it has some damage. The reason I'm Posting I'm having a hard time finding the connector to replace it. I've attached a picture I found of the flasher unit and a picture of the layout for the connector from the service manual. I've tried looking in the parts manual to find the connector bit cannot find it there either. If anyone can help I would truly appreciate it.

Attachments

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
Kubota does not sell individual connectors.

But, that is an 8-pin connector used on Lexus and Toyota. Unique keying shown on your screenshots.

One way would be to cut one off a salvaged vehicle.

Another is to match up the automotive connector for ordering from an automotive connector supply.

Zb262416

Equipment
2004 Kubota BX2200
May 5, 2022
Ohio
Kubota does not sell individual connectors.

But, that is an 8-pin connector used on Lexus and Toyota. Unique keying shown on your screenshots.

One way would be to cut one off a salvaged vehicle.

Another is to match up the automotive connector for ordering from an automotive connector supply.
Thanks for the fast response. I will look and see what I can find. Thank you.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
You can probably buy a portion of the wiring harness from the dealer. See if there are connections in your wiring loom that would indicate how much you would have to replace to get a new flasher connector. Then you can look at Kubota dot com and illustrated parts list to find the part number. With the part nnumber you can see how much it would cost.

You may be able to find a spade terminal that fits the flasher unit pins and just replace the connector with a bunch of terminals

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
You can probably buy a portion of the wiring harness from the dealer. See if there are connections in your wiring loom that would indicate how much you would have to replace to get a new flasher connector. Then you can look at Kubota dot com and illustrated parts list to find the part number. With the part nnumber you can see how much it would cost.

You may be able to find a spade terminal that fits the flasher unit pins and just replace the connector with a bunch of terminals
kubota does not sell parts of wiring harnesses. They are behind the times in that sense. They sell a complete wire harness, or they sell nothing.

I'm working at a polaris dealer now, and you can buy most of the wire connectors that Polaris uses on their equipment. They are expensive though. TPS connector for a Ranger 800 is about $200. But a full wire harness is a lot more than that, plus a ton of labor to replace it, so $200+a half hour labor is cheap in comparison.

when I was with kubota dealer the boss always got onto us (well me since I was the manager) about keeping old wiring. If I had to replace a harness, I'd toss it into a box with a halfhearted label (piece of tape with some writing on it). One afternoon his friend shows up with a L3301 that he bought a little over a year prior, and the injector connectors were chewed off of the harness. There was not enough left of the connector to use them, so there were two options. Replace the harness or source the injector connectors and repair it; and I didn't have a source. But I had a used harness with 3 good injector connectors. So the boss was usually off on Saturdays while the rest of us worked. Sat afternoon I drug the tractor into the shop, dug up an old harness and cut the plugs off, then soldered them to the tractor's harness, sealed everything up and sent it. It's still working to this day and that was 2016. My boss was like "now I see why you save those harnesses"....to which I said "you're welcome".

So you might check the dealers around you and see if they have an old harness laying around with a flasher connector still on it....likely the same connector on many tractors.

Reactions: 1 user

Zb262416

Equipment
2004 Kubota BX2200
May 5, 2022
Ohio

Thank you, yeah I figured I would see if there were any easy or reasonable options to get the connector and if not I was thinking the same thing either the spade terminals.

Zb262416

Equipment
2004 Kubota BX2200
May 5, 2022
Ohio
Thabk
kubota does not sell parts of wiring harnesses. They are behind the times in that sense. They sell a complete wire harness, or they sell nothing.

I'm working at a polaris dealer now, and you can buy most of the wire connectors that Polaris uses on their equipment. They are expensive though. TPS connector for a Ranger 800 is about $200. But a full wire harness is a lot more than that, plus a ton of labor to replace it, so $200+a half hour labor is cheap in comparison.

when I was with kubota dealer the boss always got onto us (well me since I was the manager) about keeping old wiring. If I had to replace a harness, I'd toss it into a box with a halfhearted label (piece of tape with some writing on it). One afternoon his friend shows up with a L3301 that he bought a little over a year prior, and the injector connectors were chewed off of the harness. There was not enough left of the connector to use them, so there were two options. Replace the harness or source the injector connectors and repair it; and I didn't have a source. But I had a used harness with 3 good injector connectors. So the boss was usually off on Saturdays while the rest of us worked. Sat afternoon I drug the tractor into the shop, dug up an old harness and cut the plugs off, then soldered them to the tractor's harness, sealed everything up and sent it. It's still working to this day and that was 2016. My boss was like "now I see why you save those harnesses"....to which I said "you're welcome".

So you might check the dealers around you and see if they have an old harness laying around with a flasher connector still on it....likely the same connector on many tractors.
Thanks, there is a dealer near by maybe I will check with them.

Motion

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5100HST/FEL
Aug 17, 2020
Mandeville Louisiana
How damaged is the existing connector, picture please? Any guess how it got damaged, did the wires burn, did something get in there and ripped it out? Sounds like you need at a minimum, the flasher relay, perhaps purchase it and see if it'll will plug in and operate. Some tape around the existing connector might be better than a boatload of crimp-on splices, or the cost of a new wiring harness.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
kubota does not sell parts of wiring harnesses. They are behind the times in that sense. They sell a complete wire harness, or they sell nothing

@lugbolt
On my old L185 the harness is in a few separate harness sections front and dash that could be purchased separately

That is what I was trying to describe

Zb262416

Equipment
2004 Kubota BX2200
May 5, 2022
Ohio
How damaged is the existing connector, picture please? Any guess how it got damaged, did the wires burn, did something get in there and ripped it out? Sounds like you need at a minimum, the flasher relay, perhaps purchase it and see if it'll will plug in and operate. Some tape around the existing connector might be better than a boatload of crimp-on splices, or the cost of a new wiring harness.
I'm glad you asked me to take a picture because in doing so I realized it may be easier to fix. The only damage I found other than some corrosion is where one of the pins would go in the female part was broken inside the connector. But I realized as shown in the picture I can just pull that one out of the housing, replace the connector part and put it back in the housing. Sorry if that doesn't make since, don't really know the proper terms, but pictures are attached.

Attachments

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
There are quite a few electronic stores online that sell connectors by the bushel for pennies on the dollar. It helps to narrow it down to a style or mfg of the connector.
If you can't find it in one of these two sites it likely is proprietary.
Or
Save for some oddball ecm connectors used by Scania we got everything we needed from one of them.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Did you look closely at the connector to see if there was a manufacturer name or part number on it?

Motion

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5100HST/FEL
Aug 17, 2020
Mandeville Louisiana
It sure looks like some type of corrosion was taken place. I'd inspect the area where this connector is located. Throughtly clean all terminals.