Kubota B2650 with B2782 snow blower

Cambit

Equipment
Kubota B2650 with B2782 blower
Jan 22, 2022
Idaho
I have the above mentioned equipment. I have had a terrible problem with the front of the PTO drive line attaching to the snowblower. Specifically the set screw that clamps down on the keyway. The set screw will become loose and the it is riding only on the shear bolt and then it is only a matter of time before it breaks. The set screw has been set in locktite. I am about ready to weld the damn thing. Does anyone have any ideas?

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Have you addressed this problem with the dealer? It seems that something must be defective, and the dealer is the best person to diagnose and repair the issue. Possibly the shaft itself has a defect that a simple swap of a new shaft will resolve the issue.

Cambit

Equipment
Kubota B2650 with B2782 blower
Jan 22, 2022
Idaho
Have you addressed this problem with the dealer? It seems that something must be defective, and the dealer is the best person to diagnose and repair the issue. Possibly the shaft itself has a defect that a simple swap of a new shaft will resolve the issue.
The dealer has fixed it 3 times and they say it is all they can do.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
The dealer has fixed it 3 times and they say it is all they can do.
Then ask them to warranty the driveshaft, because that has to be the problem, otherwise, everyone on here that has a snowblower would be complaining about this issue. After hitting a rock and straightening the impeller on my snowblower it had a bad vibration, but it still worked well, so I never changed the impeller, nor did I ever have any Allen screws come loose from vibrations. The only other suggestion that I can make is that if the dealer is unwilling to replace the driveshaft, take it to a drive line shop and have them tap it to the next larger size, and install a bolt that has a safety wire.

600003_Hex Cap Screw - Drilled Head.jpg