Kubota B2650 Winter Front Grille Cover

Eagle

Equipment
B2650
Dec 18, 2019
Northwestern Ontario
Just wanted to give a quick update on the Winter Grill Covers and engine running temps. This winter with all three covers in place my temperature gauge was at 3 bars and sometimes 4 for short periods when I was blowing heavy snow drifts and working the tractor hard. I was out this week moving some dirt with the bucket in July temperatures of 28 C (low 80’s F) and my temperature gauge stayed at a constant 3 bars. I had no grill covers on of course. I was happy to see that that was the same as my winter cold weather operating temps with the covers on. To me this means that the tractor is running hot enough in the winter but not too hot. I’m guessing that at 3 bars on the gauge is where the thermostat opens up to stop the tractor from getting too much hotter and that therefor 3 bars is a good engine running temperature.

Bottom line, the Winter Grill Covers do exactly what they are supposed to do, get the engine to run at a hot enough temperature to operate efficiently, and they keep the snow from getting into the air filer and radiator screens. Thanks Bird Dogger for making them for me. I am very pleased with them.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Any templates for b3000 yet? very interested in a set. Just bought a nice used unit.
Greetings Omega123, I don't know of anyone near me that has that model for making a template. However, that's a nice looking tractor and from looking at some online pics it wouldn't be difficult to make a set of templates for one. If you'd like, I'd give you some pointers on doing that using something like kraft paper. Other than taking a little time it isn't hard at all. You could then mail me your templates and I'd be happy to sew a set of covers for you. Again from looking at an online pic it would appear that they'd be very similar in size to the LX and I'd wager the cost would be right in the same ballpark.

If interested, send a nice pic of the front and both sides to my email address and I'll give you a simple guide in making a template off your photos. Once I had the templates it wouldn't take very long to work out the hem and magnet additions and get to sewing.
Regards,
David

Omega123

Equipment
b3000, Oliver super 88 diesel
Dec 20, 2020
Northwest Iowa
I can definitely do that! Give me a few days to get the pics and ill send them your way. More than willing do the extra work for what i read are your great products. Is your email on your profile? Still new to this forum. More used to pirate 4x4 and Fullsizechevy.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I can definitely do that! Give me a few days to get the pics and ill send them your way. More than willing do the extra work for what i read are your great products. Is your email on your profile? Still new to this forum. More used to pirate 4x4 and Fullsizechevy.
Sounds great. You'll find the extra work isn't that hard at all. LOL! Regarding being new to the form: Welcome and join the crowd! I'm still having issues with my account after switching internet providers. I'll start a conversation with you and provide my email address. You should be able to access that "conversation" by selecting the envelope icon at the upper right corner after you sign in. (hopefully)
David

Fredfish

Equipment
B2650
Jan 20, 2022
Ontario
The Kubota Derby: The Engine Temperature Competition

Before the Race
There might be enough "saddle time" accumulated to now post the findings and fixes for operating in subzero temps and above with my new B2650. It may also apply to or help any other smaller compact tractor having trouble keeping within the operating temperature range with the radiator and fan at the front of the tractor blowing air to the rear over the engine. With different variables such as thermostats, snow blowers, engine loading, outside temps, auxiliary cab heaters, etc., one just needs to always keep a sharp eye on the temperature gauge. I had been leaning towards getting some kind of heat into my cab fabrication and needed to be able to keep the operating temps up in the midrange or at least more consistent in the wildly variable outdoor winter temps. Here's what I've discovered and done in my circumstances:

When winter hit this year (2018/2019) I was anxious to put my new purebred Mechanical Steed to use and have it earn its keep in its winter duties. This Steed is always kept in its stall in the heated shop so it already has a head start by a nose or two in warming up before I lead it onto the track, loosen the reins and give it a workout worthy of the thoroughbred that it is. However, once outside it's stall and out in the elements it struggled to warm up (even under load) and if left to idle in the cold would almost start to shiver. Something was missing to help my mechanical steed contend with the cold winter temps here near the 49th parallel. (Note: The temps posted here are actual, not wind chill adjusted.) If you'd like to watch this competition..... grab your beer and popcorn, Ladies and Gents. :)

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
How do I order the covers for a B1650?
Hi Fredfish,
I started a "Conversation" with you. (Sent a message) Look for and select the "Envelope" icon in the top right corner of the OTT header bar. It should take you to the Conversation. Select it to open and read.. If that doesn't work....message me back here. Thanks for your interest!
David

PS I'm guessing the B1650 (stated above) is a typo and you're looking for covers for a B2650 that you list in your profile equipment? :)

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Hi. I'd be interested in a set for a 2019 B2650.
Thanks for your interest in the winter front covers, Hickock! I sent you information in a conversation with you. No problem getting a set out to you right away!
David

Reactions: 1 user

rowolf

Equipment
B2650 cab, LA534 loader, RB1672 rear blade, B2782B front blower, forks, chipper
Feb 27, 2022
Hi, I'd like to get a set for my B2650. Thanks.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Hi, I'd like to get a set for my B2650. Thanks.
Greetings, rowolf and welcome to OTT!!
I do have a set of covers ready to ship for your B2650. I started a "conversation" with you providing the particulars regarding payment, etc. Look for the "envelope" icon in the upper right corner of the screen after you've signed in to OTT. Select the icon and my conversation to open it. That should work for you. If it doesn't.....report back here. :)

Thanks for your interest! I look forward to getting your B2650's "winter tuxedo" on its way to you!!
Regards,
David

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Hello Bird Dogger. Could you make a set for a B2620? Let me know...thanks
Hi Mike! We could sure work up a nice set of covers for your B2620. Looks like they'd also fit the B2320 and B2920 as well. I started a conversation with you for an idea. Thanks for your interest!!
David

Lurpe

Equipment
B2650
Jun 5, 2019
Norwich
I see this is several months out, but what the hey, right?
@bird dogger you are quite the author! I have been searching for grill guard ideas for my B2650 and came across this (years long!) thread. Just wanted to thank you for your contributions to orange tractors.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I see this is several months out, but what the hey, right?
@bird dogger you are quite the author! I have been searching for grill guard ideas for my B2650 and came across this (years long!) thread. Just wanted to thank you for your contributions to orange tractors.
Hi Lurpe!!
:)Thanks and....your welcome!! Yeah, the covers have done well for many more tractors than I had originally anticipated, for sure! Almost time to oil up the "thread welder" again and gear up for another season. LOL!

And welcome to the OTT club!! Lots of knowledge here on OTT just for the asking. I see you also have a B2650? Great tractor!! If your weather conditions out there find you in need of a winter front for your tractor.....let me know and we'lll fix you up with one.
David

hawkin

Equipment
B2650hsdc, QD/LA534, front mount blower
Jul 29, 2017
Grand Forks, ND
These covers are amazing on helping keep the engine warm and keeping snow out of the air filter! I had to dress down last winter after putting them on as I was getting to hot in the cab!

Reactions: 1 user