Kubota b2601 MMM and 3 point hitch

Mjh

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Aug 17, 2020
Illinois
Does the 3 point hitch have to raise and lower whenever I raise and lower the belly mower? I found the knob to alter the speed of the movement and the height adjustment “top” selecter to keep the deck up, but the 3 point hitch still raises and lowers when raising and lowering the deck, Thanks for the assist!

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, loader, MMM, pallet forks, tooth bar, rear blade, JD 318 w/plow, JD X350
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
On my B2650 the three point hitch is what is doing the "work" of raising and lowering the MMM. There are the arms mounted on the three point hitch assembly, connecting rods and lifting levers. In order to prevent the MMM from moving with the three point hitch it can be "locked up" in the fully raised position. I don't know if that is applicable to your machine. Your MMM is the suspended type, mine is ground following. It is worth checking though.

Reactions: 1 users

Grindstone

Equipment
B2601, FEL, BH, MMM
Mar 10, 2022
CT
I know this is an old thread but I am having the same issue and haven't found a solution. I used to drop my back hoe to mow with my MMM so I didn't have the three point on to worry about. When raising and lowering the mower only the lift arms would move not causing any obstruction. Now that I have the three point on to use various rear implements I just drop the implement leaving on the three point. My problem is the three point raises and lowers when I raise and lower the MMM cause it to drag on the ground. I have seen that certain models have a pin up option for the three point where I have not found one on the B2601. I have been tying up the three point to the BH subframe while mowing which probably isn't the best? Does anyone have any ideas or advice because having to remove the three point every time I want to mow would be tedious to say the least.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
That's how they are on that model. My B2620 is the same. The mm mower lift works off the three point.

I just take implements off when I mow. I generally would not want to mow with my backhoe or an implement on anyway.

But the mower deck can be locked up to use 3 point implements.

Grindstone

Equipment
B2601, FEL, BH, MMM
Mar 10, 2022
CT
That's how they are on that model. My B2620 is the same. The mm mower lift works off the three point.

I just take implements off when I mow. I generally would not want to mow with my backhoe or an implement on anyway.

But the mower deck can be locked up to use 3 point implements.
I do take off the implements, less weight, more maneuverability. Was just wondering if there was a way to lock the 3 point into position. Thanks for the mower deck lockout advice I have that down though. Guess its just the rope on the three point then to keep it outta the dirt.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
No way I know of, but what I do when mowing is I start by raising the 3 point to full height......then only drop until the mower deck goes all the way down then stop it. That way the 3 point arms are still raised up.

Mikeymotorbikey

Equipment
B2601
Jun 30, 2022
North Branch, Minnesota
This is why I asked the question about an independent mower lift in my post, here.

After using it some, I've found that the deck lift happens in the first couple "clicks" of the 3 point lift . Meaning the deck is lowered before the 3 point arms are lowered significantly as ItBmine noted above. You don't have to move the 3 point lever all the way to position 1 to have the deck on the ground.

Still wishing for an independent MMM lift. Will probably fab something up this summer.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
I know this is an old thread but I am having the same issue and haven't found a solution. I used to drop my back hoe to mow with my MMM so I didn't have the three point on to worry about. When raising and lowering the mower only the lift arms would move not causing any obstruction. Now that I have the three point on to use various rear implements I just drop the implement leaving on the three point. My problem is the three point raises and lowers when I raise and lower the MMM cause it to drag on the ground. I have seen that certain models have a pin up option for the three point where I have not found one on the B2601. I have been tying up the three point to the BH subframe while mowing which probably isn't the best? Does anyone have any ideas or advice because having to remove the three point every time I want to mow would be tedious to say the least.
If your 3 point hitch arms are dragging in the dirt then something must be set up wrong with your 3 point hitch. The arms shouldn’t go that low.

Reactions: 1 user

Grindstone

Equipment
B2601, FEL, BH, MMM
Mar 10, 2022
CT
If your 3 point hitch arms are dragging in the dirt then something must be set up wrong with your 3 point hitch. The arms shouldn’t go that low.
Sorry, should have been more specific. They don't drag on the ground. They are low on normal terrain but would hit while on hilly terrain. Luckily i noticed what was happening and didn't get to the point of them hitting. I have pat's quick hitch on which gives them some more length as well.
*double responded somehow

Grindstone

Equipment
B2601, FEL, BH, MMM
Mar 10, 2022
CT
This is why I asked the question about an independent mower lift in my post, here.

After using it some, I've found that the deck lift happens in the first couple "clicks" of the 3 point lift . Meaning the deck is lowered before the 3 point arms are lowered significantly as ItBmine noted above. You don't have to move the 3 point lever all the way to position 1 to have the deck on the ground.

Still wishing for an independent MMM lift. Will probably fab something up this summer.
Just tried this out and it worked like a charm. I was lowering the 3 point lever all the way down like an idiot. Now mower is where I need it and the three point is up and outta the way.

Foxrunfarms

Equipment
Kubota LX2610, 1951 Farmall M, 1967 John Deere 110 Rf, 2010 Arctic Cat 700
Apr 25, 2023
WI
I mow at about 3.5 inches my lx2610. Same set up with the mower and 3 point. The mower hits the ground at #4 on the lever and lock the stopper there. The 3 point is about half way raised.