Kubota B26 noise while turning

elmike1970

Equipment
TLB B26
Jan 7, 2013
Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico
Our Kubota TLB B26 is down again for the 3rd time same old damage , it all starts with a noise while turning rear wheels, we disassembled and found a broken theet on gear (rear axle rigth side):

6A600-17130 GEAR

damage on shaft:

6A671-14950 GEAR SHAFT, DIF

We pretend to change both and also the Ball bearing

does anyone have a clue of what could be the source of the problem? overloading? part deffect?

Any advice is wellcome !!! Help !!!

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Welcome to OTT elmike1970. Sorry to hear of the trouble you are having- I hate doing something twice, much less 3 times. I don't have an answer for you, but hopefully someone will sooner or later. Your issue is pretty specific, so it might take a little time. There are some Kubota mechanics and dealership folks on here, plus a lot of other experienced and savy guys.
Some folks find the site because they are in a dire situation with a unique problem, and get upset when no one answers in a day or two. Be patient, and someone will help you if they are able.

bosshogg

Equipment
2004 L3400F w/ FEL
Aug 16, 2012
Hartford, SD, USA
I am the farthest thing you will find from an expert...that said, I would have someone check to see if the gears are meshing up correctly. Not sure if this is a new tractor or not but there could have been an incorrect alignment while assembing? Just a thought.

Used to have a GMC 3/4 ton pickup that would strip gears off the flywheel. After abour four different flywheels the dealer had a factory ref come down. They shimmed the starter and never had another problem.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Are you the main operator or does it have several people using it?

Do you use the interlock very much?

Do you use 4wd on hard surfaces very often?

elmike1970

Equipment
TLB B26
Jan 7, 2013
Are you the main operator or does it have several people using it?

Do you use the interlock very much?

Do you use 4wd on hard surfaces very often?
yes there are 3 operators using the same machine and they use 4wd on hard surfaces.

sorry about my ignorance , is it wrong to use 4wd on hard surfaces?

which cases justify the use of interlock?

elmike1970

Equipment
TLB B26
Jan 7, 2013
Welcome to OTT elmike1970. Sorry to hear of the trouble you are having- I hate doing something twice, much less 3 times. I don't have an answer for you, but hopefully someone will sooner or later. Your issue is pretty specific, so it might take a little time. There are some Kubota mechanics and dealership folks on here, plus a lot of other experienced and savy guys.
Some folks find the site because they are in a dire situation with a unique problem, and get upset when no one answers in a day or two. Be patient, and someone will help you if they are able.
thanks for the advice!!

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Elmike1970, I was just curious about it having different operators. Most of the time machines with multiple operators have a harder life because each person uses it differently. Some are just harder on machines than others. I'm not trying to say that Kubota always builds a perfect machine, no company does. You can buy a bad machine no matter what the brand but I have been using Kubota products for over 30 years and they have always been very reliable. From my experience most (not all) major breakdowns can be linked to operator error. It may be something overlooked or unknown to the operator but it's not the machines fault.

I try not to use 4wd on hard pack ground. The front axle is geared just a little faster than the rearend so running in 4wd causes extra strain on the drive line. On top of that the more the tires wear down the bigger the difference in the gear ratio. Even though it takes extra time I always try to shift back to 2wd when I go from soft soil to hard pack. Maybe continued use of 4wd on hard ground could be the reason the same thing keep breaking.

In the last 30+ years I have used a interlock 2 times. Both of these were when I was down in a wet ditch on one side using a bushhog. I wouldn't think using the interlock should be part of normal operating. If it's so muddy that you need it locked in to move around you probably shouldn't be there in the first place. To me the interlock is a last resort to get me out of something I didn't want to be in.

elmike1970

Equipment
TLB B26
Jan 7, 2013
Elmike1970, I was just curious about it having different operators. Most of the time machines with multiple operators have a harder life because each person uses it differently. Some are just harder on machines than others. I'm not trying to say that Kubota always builds a perfect machine, no company does. You can buy a bad machine no matter what the brand but I have been using Kubota products for over 30 years and they have always been very reliable. From my experience most (not all) major breakdowns can be linked to operator error. It may be something overlooked or unknown to the operator but it's not the machines fault.

I try not to use 4wd on hard pack ground. The front axle is geared just a little faster than the rearend so running in 4wd causes extra strain on the drive line. On top of that the more the tires wear down the bigger the difference in the gear ratio. Even though it takes extra time I always try to shift back to 2wd when I go from soft soil to hard pack. Maybe continued use of 4wd on hard ground could be the reason the same thing keep breaking.

In the last 30+ years I have used a interlock 2 times. Both of these were when I was down in a wet ditch on one side using a bushhog. I wouldn't think using the interlock should be part of normal operating. If it's so muddy that you need it locked in to move around you probably shouldn't be there in the first place. To me the interlock is a last resort to get me out of something I didn't want to be in.
thanks for your advice we really appreciate it