Kubota B 20

johnwoodfab

Equipment
B 20 & BX1870
Apr 30, 2015
North Huntingdon, Pa.,U S A
I have a B20 with approximately 1500 hrs. I read once that someone wrote in that they were losing hydraulic fluid & they thought it was going into their crankkcase. I notice that my hydraulic flluid seems to be going down slowly & my engine oil seems to be rising. Could this actually be happening ? If it is, what steps can I do to correct this problem. Thank You for any info you can give me.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
It's usually a sign of the seal on the hydraulic pump failing and it's pushing fluid into the crankcase.

Most pumps can be rebuilt by a competent hydraulic shop or you can purchase a new one. If you are super comfortable with mechanical stuff and you are very careful, you can rebuild the pump yourself if a kit is available, but it's something that requires patience and precision.

johnwoodfab

Equipment
B 20 & BX1870
Apr 30, 2015
North Huntingdon, Pa.,U S A
Shaun, Thank you for the info. Is there a way to determine if that is the problem for sure ? Also, I spoke to the Kubota parts guy this morning. He said on the B20 there are actually 2 hydraulic pumps. 1 in the front & 1 in the rear. He said that either one of them could make this problem. Both pumps are still availiable, but, they are a little over $ 500.00 each. Naturaly, I do not want to replace both pumps if only 1 of them is bad. Thank You

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
The front pump is on a shaft powered by the drive shaft. I don't see how it could possibly be the problem. It isn't hydraulically connected to the engine.