Kubota assistant

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Okay, I know it's not a Kubota but it does get a regular workout on the farm. I built this little boom the other night just to use in small areas that are to big to spot spray. Truthfully it was some quality time with my son in the shop cutting some metal and welding but not only that I think it will be handy. This was the first run and it did great. Nowhere near what Wildfire fabricates but it'll work I guess. :D

Attachments

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Looks like you orange assistant will definitely do the job! and I applaud you for making it a father/son job too!!:cool: If we as land managers, we are not really land owners even if we have that piece of paper, we must pass on the knowledge, caring and understanding or we will continue to LOSE people living and working on family farms.

Keep up the good work Phil!

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Thanks Tim, I've been trying to teach my son just some basic welding and so far he is doing good with it. Still has some trouble but it sure is nice now that I can get the metal where I need it and he's there to tack it up for me. It's like a third hand but this one will talk to me.

I don't know how bad it is in your neck of the woods but if our taxes keep going up I don't see how anybody will be a land owner. It's terrible down here on us. I really don't think our goverment wants there to be small family farms. When I was a kid there were hardly any houses around us. Now I have one of the few remaining farms in our area. Every farm we used to lease to plant soy beans in has been sold and the only thing growing there now are houses. It makes me sick to see all these beautiful farms being cut apart and sold for housing.

cmorningstar01

Equipment
B7500HST LA302 FEL 5'Finish Mower B5100E 46" Snow Plow 22 ton splitter
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
Nice boom and the quality family time is something that there is never enough of.

I don't know how bad it is in your neck of the woods but if our taxes keep going up I don't see how anybody will be a land owner. It's terrible down here on us. I really don't think our goverment wants there to be small family farms.
Taxes...that is a real sore spot with me, I pay $10,000 a year and that does not include garbage collection, I have a private contrator I pay for that, And yes you are right, seems like they are trying to drive the small farms under.

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
That's a great project and it turned out great. Also nice to see you and your son took part in it. He'll remember it for the rest of his life. We all need to pass on what we know or it will be lost. You did good sir and I tip my lid to you. Congrats on completing a project that's so useful.

Oh and by the way. I couldn't have done it any better than you did :)

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Thanks for the kind words Wildfire. Not that I haven't enjoyed having kids but now that my son is older and it's safe to get him involved in more projects it's even better. For the most part he did all the flat welds for me and his ability is getting better all the time. I'm trying to get him into some verticle welding but sometime his speed is off so it doesn't turn out real good. He said the overhead hurts to bad with all the sparks falling on him so I'll have to wait for a while on that. You can be assured of one thing though, there's a proud poppa smiling under my hood while we work together on these little projects. It always reminds me of when I was in his shoes and my Dad was trying to teach me the same thing.

If nothing else I know if that was your project it would has got a nice paint job so I still say your work is nicer than mine. :p
I thought of painting it but didn't have time. I finished it at 1 in the morning and was spraying by 7 that morning trying to beat the heat. I have found another nice thing about it though. I'm using a 26 gal tank so it's big enough to go for a while and cover a pretty good area but small enough that it doesn't take forever to empty out. In this 100+ temps we are having I can come home and cool off for a few between fill ups.

I'm also kind of using this for a small scale test for a larger rig. I've been very happy with the way my boom turned out and have a idea rattling around in my head for a large scale version for my 9000. That may just turn out to be a good winter project for my boy and I. I might even paint it before I take pics this time. :D

Wildfire

Equipment
Thanks for the kind words Wildfire.

If nothing else I know if that was your project it would have got a nice paint job so I still say your work is nicer than mine. :p
Not at all sir. I get far more credit than I deserve on here. I really enjoy seeing all types of people's work. It really don't matter how it looks as long as it serves the purpose it was intended for.
Yesterday It was 62 degrees here with rain and high winds so I put the tractor in the shop and did another custom fab job on it. It looks simple but I'll have twelve hours on it by the time it's completed today.
You are lucky your son takes an interest in doing that sort of thing with you. My two boys didn't want to be in the shop at all. Now that they are both out and on there own they are admitting they should have learned a few tricks. Now it's harder because they are in another province.
Great to see you two working together. It's actually priceless and will pay high dividends.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I get far more credit than I deserve on here.

Great to see you two working together. It's actually priceless and will pay high dividends.

Any body that can come up with a solution to a problem or need and then fix or fabricate it himself is already a step ahead of most people. We have some very gifted fabricaters, mechanics, repairmen ect here on OTT. I enjoy seeing the repairs and upgrades that get posted here and sharing a few kind words about the work is like icing on the cake coming from this brotherhood. :D

I'm proud my son has been interested in working on the farm with me. You are definately correct about the time spent being priceless. No amount of money can buy those few momments in time. I know for me some of my best memmories from my childhood was time spent in the shop with my dad. It's sad to see the wat most kids are being raised now days. They aren't being taught to do anything for themselves and they don't even realize or understand the value of what they're missing. :(

Wildfire

Equipment
Any body that can come up with a solution to a problem or need and then fix or fabricate it himself is already a step ahead of most people. We have some very gifted fabricaters, mechanics, repairmen ect here on OTT. I enjoy seeing the repairs and upgrades that get posted here and sharing a few kind words about the work is like icing on the cake coming from this brotherhood. :D

I'm proud my son has been interested in working on the farm with me. You are definately correct about the time spent being priceless. No amount of money can buy those few momments in time. I know for me some of my best memmories from my childhood was time spent in the shop with my dad. It's sad to see the wat most kids are being raised now days. They aren't being taught to do anything for themselves and they don't even realize or understand the value of what they're missing. :(

Good for you both. Spend as much time together as you can. We have two sons and we are very close. Both are military men now. Last year we had to watch our 29 year old go off to war. I never ever thought I would see the day that I would say or even witness that.

It don't matter how much anyone has around them, how much money, tools or toys one has. What really matters is your kids. Hug them every chance you get and like your doing now, spend as much time as you can with them because life is way to short.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I think you guys that can fabracate things like this have a rare gift of seeing things in your mind in 3D, you guys can see what they will look like before you even start,, and thats what makes guys like me stand back and say,,, DAYUM:D