Kubota 3030 (2012) wont start

intrex

Equipment
Kubota 3030
Apr 15, 2024
North Carolina
Hey Everyone,

First post here from a Tractor Newbie.

I bought a used Kubota 3030 about 6 months ago and have been using it with no problems. Today, I drove it up the gate of my Pasture and hoped off of it to open the gate. When I hoped off the enginee stopped which I thought was kinda weird because I am pretty sure it usually only shuts off from the seat switch if the PTO drive is engaged and it wasn't. When I opened the gate and hoped back on the tractor it wouldn't start. I can turn the key to the first setting and see the lighted icon showing that the warmer is on and clearly the battery is working but it won't turn over at all. At first I thought I must have some safety switch engaged but I tried everything imaginable with the seat, all gear settings, PTO, etc... Nothing would make the enginee turn over. Then I thought well I might as well try to jump it off of my car so I brought my car out and hooked up some jumper cables, still nothing. Then I started taking all of the front panels off and looking for any loose connections. I didn't see anything that looked disconnected or cut. Next I found the fuse box and visually checked every fuse. Everything looked good. I put all of the fuses back, still nothing. I am now at a loss for what to try next. I guess I am going to go hard core and break out the voltmeter tonight. Hoping someone in here may have some better ideas.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Most likely the HST pedal not centered or the switch has an issue.
Turn the key to crank and move the pedal back and forth.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
The limit switch on the L3200 I had caused a no-start. After finding the cause, the pedal could be tickled back and forth to make it start. Adjusting the switch was pretty straightforward, and here's a post with some pics:

Reactions: 1 user