Kubota 1153 Loader on an M7060 Question SSQA Plate Not flat on Bucket.

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
Not my tractor but a good friend‘s and I won’t be able to see it until tomorrow. He said he almost lost his bucket of the SSQA because the locking king pins are not going all the way in the slots on the bucket. I looked at mine and I have a small gap at the bottom of about 1/8 inch. He said his gap is about 1/4 so that seems to be where the problem is. He said there is no debris on the plate or bucket holding it off the bottom of the SSQA.

My question is, has anyone had the issue and what is the solution. I would like to have an idea before I drive out there tomorrow.

Thanks for any suggestions on what I need to be looking for.

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It's called being out of time or out of clock.

Captain13

Equipment
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
That happened on mine before so I will check that. I’ll take some 6x6 blocks in case that’s the problem. Thanks for that Cathy. I wasn’t thinking about it being out of time or twisted. He said that the SSQA doesn’t fit flat against the bucket on both sides. The gap at the bottom is the same on both sides so the pins locking aren’t sliding in enough.

Captain13

Equipment
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
Here’s the results…. I went over and looked at the loader. I noticed from the tell marks on the SSQA that it was not sliding up into the bucket brackets as far as it had been. It was about 1/4 lower. I had him pulled The locking handles and had him back away. I used a magnetic base angle finder and checked to see if the plates were out of clock. They were both at the same angle (exactly). Then I checked the top edge of the plate and it had a very rough edge. I smoothed it out with a die grinder and flap disc. Then I noticed a wear mark on a weld on the front edge of the plate. The weld had a high spot on the end. I leveled that out. We went back and he hooked up to the bucket. The latches pushed the pins in like they should. He said he had always had trouble with the SSQA but thought it was a break-in issue. We disconnected and reconnected a few times and now the SSQA plate is flat against the bucket without that 1/4 inch gap at the bottom. BTW, my buddy is in his 80’s now so he’s not as able to bend and twist to look at stuff like this like he used to. That’s why he calls me.

Reactions: 4 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Here’s the results…. I went over and looked at the loader. I noticed from the tell marks on the SSQA that it was not sliding up into the bucket brackets as far as it had been. It was about 1/4 lower. I had him pulled The locking handles and had him back away. I used a magnetic base angle finder and checked to see if the plates were out of clock. They were both at the same angle (exactly). Then I checked the top edge of the plate and it had a very rough edge. I smoothed it out with a die grinder and flap disc. Then I noticed a wear mark on a weld on the front edge of the plate. The weld had a high spot on the end. I leveled that out. We went back and he hooked up to the bucket. The latches pushed the pins in like they should. He said he had always had trouble with the SSQA but thought it was a break-in issue. We disconnected and reconnected a few times and now the SSQA plate is flat against the bucket without that 1/4 inch gap at the bottom. BTW, my buddy is in his 80’s now so he’s not as able to bend and twist to look at stuff like this like he used to. That’s why he calls me.
Excellent to here you got it fixed for him!

Reactions: 1 user