Kommander Z125S Won't Do Anything

Turkey81

Equipment
Kubota Kommander Z125S
Mar 7, 2024
Mississippi
Hey guys, this is my first post here so if this is in the wrong spot I apologize. I have a 2016 Kubota Kommander Z125S Zero Turn mower that I bought new in 2016. I had to replace the ignition switch and the PTO switch at the same time this week and now I can't get it to do anything. It won't turn over or anything. I got the parts from the dealer so they are OEM parts. It's like one of the safety switches isn't working or something. I replaced the battery last week, but I still checked it to make sure, and sure enough the battery is hot. They changed the PTO switches on them and you have to get a pigtail with the new one to adapt it. The ignition switch also just simply plugged in. Both parts are simple plug and plays. Any idea what would cause me to have zero power. It doesn't click and the lights don't even come on. Is it possible that replacing the PTO switch did something to one of the safety switches? I checked all fuses also. I made sure the park brake was engaged, seat safety switch was pressed, and the handles were in neutral. Only thing I can imagine is either the ignition switch or PTO switch that I replaced is causing this. It was running fine when I decided to change those 2 parts. I changed them because the PTO knob was slipping back down and disengaging the blades while mowing and the ignition switch was so bad I had to uses a flat head screwdriver as a key. Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

Turkey81

Equipment
Kubota Kommander Z125S
Mar 7, 2024
Mississippi
I dont know if this service bulletin applies or will be of any help,
Dave
Thanks for the reply. My question is, wouldn't the lights still come on regardless of any issue with the starter. It's like its not getting any juice anywhere.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Thanks for the reply. My question is, wouldn't the lights still come on regardless of any issue with the starter. It's like its not getting any juice anywhere.
Have you checked the fusible link/fuse, it's probably near the starter?

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Were the old sensors completely bad? Can you put one back in, and see what happens? Narrow down which one is the issue?

Reactions: 1 user

Turkey81

Equipment
Kubota Kommander Z125S
Mar 7, 2024
Mississippi
Have you checked the fusible link/fuse, it's probably near the starter?
[/QUOT
Thanks for the reply. I checked those but I think you are on to something because when I went to moving stuff around all the sudden the lights came on and I heard a click. I narrowed it down I "think" to the slow blow fuse or box fuse whatever you call it under the seat on top of the gas tank. I can wiggle it and it gets power. Little confused because a fuse is either blown or its not there shouldn't be an in between, but I checked all the wires and none are broken or skinned.

Turkey81

Equipment
Kubota Kommander Z125S
Mar 7, 2024
Mississippi
Were the old sensors completely bad? Can you put one back in, and see what happens? Narrow down which one is the issue?
Hey, thanks for the reply. As I said above to PoTreeBoy, I think I was able to narrow it down to the slow blow fuse under the seat. When I get home from work today I'm going to replace it with a new one and see what happens. I'll post the outcome just in case someone else in the future has this issue this may help them.

Reactions: 1 user

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Great! It's pretty common for a person to start a thread, and not follow through with the end results. There is bound to be someone who can benefit from your experience.
Welcome to the forum, by the way!

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
the slow-blow fuse is commonly "failed" when a hot wire is shorted to ground, OR if the battery is mistakenly hooked up backwards. The latter is fairly common when replacing the battery, just the way the battery sits in the chassis it's not hard to install it backwards. Also parts store batteries are often reversed in how the + and - terminals are put on the battery-and with that said, you have to be VERY careful how the battery is installed on these mowers since when you drop the seat back down, if it's incorrect, the seat base can hit the terminals causing a big short circuit. That short can result in fire, and since the battery sits right next to the plastic fuel tank, which right under your butt, you DON'T want that!