Knob removal?

jonmad

Equipment
BX2380
Jun 7, 2018
Lebanon
Does anyone know the best way to remove shift lever knobs on Kubota BX? I imagine they just pull off but then can they be reused?

nbking

Equipment
L2501HST 4X4, Rtv-x900
Jul 8, 2018
Sonora, CA
Did you try unscrewing it. Use a strap wrench, will definitely have a bit of loctite on the threads.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Be cool, put a Hurst Tee handle shifter on it...lol

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Does anyone know the best way to remove shift lever knobs on Kubota BX? I imagine they just pull off but then can they be reused?
Not familiar with the knobs on your BX but have removed/reinstalled the knobs from the flat steel hydraulic remote levers on my M9960. They are not glued and can be reused.

Of course a vacuum is created when removing the knobs so it takes awhile. Probably would take less time if a small hole was drilled into the end to relieve the vacuum but I did not do this. You could also use a blow gun into the hole to pop them off.

Alternatively, get a "hook" tool from HF. You can remove the knobs without damage using the hook tool and patience.

reinstallation can be accomplished without glue but with patience.

SDT

jonmad

Equipment
BX2380
Jun 7, 2018
Lebanon
Not familiar with the knobs on your BX but have removed/reinstalled the knobs from the flat steel hydraulic remote levers on my M9960. They are not glued and can be reused.

Of course a vacuum is created when removing the knobs so it takes awhile. Probably would take less time if a small hole was drilled into the end to relieve the vacuum but I did not do this. You could also use a blow gun into the hole to pop them off.

Alternatively, get a "hook" tool from HF. You can remove the knobs without damage using the hook tool and patience.

reinstallation can be accomplished without glue but with patience.

SDT
Thanks to all. These are the knobs I was talking about. The book says you have to remove the fender to adjust the neutral return spring. I was able to do it from underneath so I’m okay for now. Thanks again!

sparky45

Equipment
L 3301DT
Dec 5, 2018
SEDAN
I'm needing to remove the knobs on my L3301 and Kubota nor local dealership is willing to tell me how to go about the task. Any help? I assume ALL Kubota tractors knobs will be removable in a similar way.

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
I've removed some of the knobs or plastic covering by pushing them off versus pulling them. Push on the end that goes on the shaft first trying not to squeeze it. That's why a poster above suggested the tools. Warmer temperatures (not these arctic temperatures some of us are experiencing) help make it more pliable and reduces the compression on metal shaft. The coefficient of thermal expansion of most polymers is considerable higher than mild steel.

I'm referencing the knobs/covers on the PTO, range selector, cruise, remotes, etc...

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Mine are all internally threaded with a jam nut on the bottom side.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
The easy way.

Use a 1/16 or 1/8" drill bit, drill a hole in the top of the grip. The grab your air blow gun, and blow into the hole. They'll come off.