KEYSTONE PIPELINE VS TRAIN VS SHIP TO MOVE OIL

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
You right G , infact I didnt know untill they started drilling around there that there are 3 high pressure lines running through my lower field. They dont show up on the deed or any thing else. Nearest we can figure they were put in some time in the early 50's

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Someone understands me!
I guess I have to upgrade my account so I can put the following message as my signature:
**WARNING: THIS MESSAGE MAY CONTAIN SARCASM!** READ AND FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK!
I am never sarcastic.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

random

Equipment
Nov 2, 2020
NC
You right G , infact I didnt know untill they started drilling around there that there are 3 high pressure lines running through my lower field. They dont show up on the deed or any thing else. Nearest we can figure they were put in some time in the early 50's
That seems like it could lead to some serious problems, depending on what you're doing in that field.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
That seems like it could lead to some serious problems, depending on what you're doing in that field.
That's why you see "call before you dug " commercials all the time. Dig Safe is free. If you don't use them and snag something you better have an excellent insurance policy covering your digging operation. Write the confirmation number down and have it on a paper in you wallet when you dig. (And don't have your wallet in you pocket!!)

Reactions: 1 users

random

Equipment
Nov 2, 2020
NC
That's why you see "call before you dug " commercials all the time. Dig Safe is free. If you don't use them and snag something you better have an excellent insurance policy covering your digging operation. Write the confirmation number down and have it on a paper in you wallet when you dig. (And don't have your wallet in you pocket!!)
811 around here, or you can do it online. I know they cover utilities but didn't think about things like what Skeets mentioned.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
The lines like Skeets mentioned are on the locate maps and are also flown over every day. Usually fly one direction for a distance the come back over the same line. They are looking for anything that looks like digging. Under the overhead lines you'll see markers on the fence line as you go down the road with location marks so they can be called in if need be.

I had my trencher on my trailer and pulled into a friend's yard which was several hundred feet off of an asphalt main artery in the county. In about 15 minutes a sheriff car pulls up and wants to know what is going on. Wasn't sure what he was inquiring about, and he wanted to know what we were going to dig. Told him not digging anything, just stopped by to visit.

Sheriff dept had received a notice from a fly-over that some digging was going on at that address and two lines were in a right-of-way there and needed to be located. Said they were going north to south and about 5' deep. Sheriff was pretty serious and we were not going to be doing any digging until proper authorities were notified!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
D2 the way I found out was when they were putting in city water,, YEAHHH ,,, and trenching the other side of the road the operator hooked one,, was a really good operator he didn't even knock the dirt off it when he found it. I was talking to the foreman and he said the information was the pipes came along the road on the farm across the way but had nothing showing them crossing under the road through my place. As it turned out, those lines were from a little gas company, with a bunch of shallow wells that had changed hands gawd knows how many times, and I guess stuff got lost. When the gas drillers came in they had a chopper flying a grid over the area and contacted me about the lines. but the one call didnt have all the info.

random

Equipment
Nov 2, 2020
NC
My suggestion of trucking the products across the Mighty Mac was INTENSE SARCASM!!!!!!!!!!!!
Poe's law is in full force today.

edit: hmm, just noticed I was responding to a couple-week-old post. Wonder why it showed as new for me? weird.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I need my quad cab dually short box lifted 4WD V8 w/rolling coal mod so I can commute 30 miles to work solo and with nothing in the box.

My wife needs that 4WD lifted 7 passenger V8 SUV gas guzzler to drive around the suburbs with her latte in one hand and cigarette in the other.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I have said all along, the killing of XL was nothing but a planned ploy by those who planned it.

Some of these people are just plain stupid.

BTW I live a few miles from one of the largest spills in American history. Exxon owns a pipeline that runs along the ridge, and the moron neighbor was digging and hit the pipeline. HE was the one responsible. I could have pushed it, and the folks at Exxon knew from day one what happened, but they covered it up 100%. Perhaps they were paid to do so, I don't know. I moved up the road a ways not long after but had planned to move long beforehand.

Irony. "we" killed off a pipeline project so that we can focus on reducing pollution from petrol-burning vehicles. How much petroleum does that pipeline burn in comparison to a dozen trains a day? LOL.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I agree that this is has to be all politics when the same people cancelling wants other countries to increase production.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I need my quad cab dually short box lifted 4WD V8 w/rolling coal mod so I can commute 30 miles to work solo and with nothing in the box.

My wife needs that 4WD lifted 7 passenger V8 SUV gas guzzler to drive around the suburbs with her latte in one hand and cigarette in the other.
I just need to haul my tractor around.

Gibiskus

Equipment
seeding
Jun 4, 2021
USA
Hell, I had no idea how much fuel is being consumed and how many harmful gases are being released into the atmosphere. It really horrifies me. I think it will come to the point where we won't be able to breathe. Or we will turn into some disgusting creatures and approach the clichéd plot of a post-apocalyptic movie. I'm thinking of how I used the land ticket to take a whole day train ride all over Germany. For just 42 euros you can go around the whole country, but how many harmful gases the train creates in that time... I create even more just by driving a car.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO

If wifey works hard she can get a 2nd cigarette nudged in the grip of the coffee cup…even better!

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Yep no pollution,, just coal, oil or gas fired generators for the electric trains,, or maybe nukes
No I am sure the trains just use solar power and no lubricants.

I will say that I rode the high speed train in Italy and going a few hundred miles an hour is cool and makes getting a long distance much better than flying

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
We could have had the same thing here but somebody must have gotten a hell of a kick back from the teamsters to put the RR out of business. When Dad worked for the P&LE he said that some tracks were so good a passenger train from Pittsburgh to Erie could run 80 MPH which I assume was over the posted limit for the tracks. Now any tracks around here are in pretty poor shape, and trucks run the highway destroying the roads and spewing ,,, well lets say I really have no love for them