Keep or trade my trusty L35tlb?

Diamondback

Jun 13, 2017
Sylva, NC USA
Have owned a Kubota L35 TLB for 14 years and it has been a great unit. Recently I had a minor issue with the glow plug light staying on. Simple in and out trip to the dealer, right. Nope...I found myself surrounded by a sea of orange that was much brighter than my old girl.

Made the mistake of sitting on a few new ones. Then I made the biggest mistake, I talked trade with a salesman just for kicks. The tractor I liked best was a grand L4060 with loader and a couple extra goodies.

The deal he offered with all the available incentives was much more enticing than I was expecting. PLEASE HELP ME! I need you guys to either push me toward new or continue to appreciate all the things my current little industrial unit offers and simmer down to think more clearly.

For those interested in helping out, here's the deal they offered:

Grand L4060 with 805 loader, quick attach pallet forks, deluxe canopy, work lights, 3 weld on bucket hooks, tooth bar and loaded rears - $34,137.00

Deduct incentives totaling $2,400 and $16,000 for my L35 leaves a balance of $15,737.00.

Can't shake feeling like a kid the week before Christmas. Any advice, thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Not knowing the condition and hours of your L35 I can't tell you if it's a good deal or not. ;)

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
In this deal......you are losing a backhoe? yes?

bgk

Apr 23, 2017
Accord, ny
Nobody can answer that question as well as you can. Do you need the new machine or just want it? Can you easily afford it? (If money isn't an issue, you can't take it with you as they say). Tough to get rid of such a reliable machine though.

Diamondback

Jun 13, 2017
Sylva, NC USA
In this deal......you are losing a backhoe? yes?
Yes, in fact, that was the big reason I bought the L35 originally. One package that could take on a number of tasks. And it was quite capable. Since then, I have acquired a mini excavator and pretty much do all my digging tasks with it.

Unfortunately the backhoe has become a very expensive ballast when doing loader work. Don't really have a spot to leave the backhoe out of the weather or I would just store it and leave the box blade or ballast box on it.

Even though the L4060 is barely a bump up as far as hp and lift capacity, the bells and whistles sure are pretty impressive.