Just puchased 6 acres, now what??

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Looks like a nice hide-a-way for your home!
We left all the scrub by the road for privacy. Same along the side of the property bordering the neighbors driveway.

I'll press entergy next week on where they plan to bring power in and their suggestion on where the temporary meter location should be so I can get the meter loop and disconnect placed.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Got back out there today for some better pictures.

1000011347.jpg
1000011348.jpg
1000011349.jpg
1000011350.jpg
1000011351.jpg
1000011359.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Not much has been going out on the property. It's been too bloody hot!!!! Septic and water should be going in either this week, or the beginning of next week.

It was 106° yesterday. We did figure out what we are gonna do for living out on the property in the short term.

Went to hot springs yesterday as well as little rock and visited a few camper sales places. Last weekend we checked out a local camper sales and found one we were pretty interested in.

After looking yesterday, we decided the one we found last weekend will be the best fit.

It's a 38ft fifth wheel with middle bunk, rear living room and 3 slides.

The middle bunk has a loft for extra sleeping via a ladder in the hallway. The big selling point was the 8x8 kids entertainment room in the middle of the camper off from the kitchen. It gives us a large pantry/ closet/ storage room that makes the most sense since we will be living in it full time.

Campers second hand so it won't break the bank. It is missing the the recliners in the living room. But it has a couch in the kids entertainment area.

We asked them to move the couch to the living area, and leave the 8x8 entertainment room empty.

We have an appointment this afternoon to sign paperwork. They must be really looking for a sale since they are closed on Sundays 👍👍👍👍

A good friend of ours has a semi, and has volunteered to haul it out to the property for us for fuel used and a case of natty light 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

I'll check on the reciever size on the rv kingpin to see if it needs to be changed when we are at the RV place this afternoon.

Reactions: 1 users

pigdoc

Equipment
G1800S L2500
Aug 19, 2022
SE Pennsylvania
You must be super-excited at the prospect of a change in scenery!

Reminds me of my MO on wilderness canoeing/camping trips:

1. Find little-used ATV trail on Crown Land.
2. Don mosquito dope and limber up chainsaw (for downed trees on the trail).
3. Put 'er in 4-Low.
4. Proceed down ATV trail to abandoned campsite (or even just a gap in the trees) with a good canoe launch.
5. Set up, move in!
6. Thoroughly enjoy the new environs!

-Paul

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
You must be super-excited at the prospect of a change in scenery!

Reminds me of my MO on wilderness canoeing/camping trips:

1. Find little-used ATV trail on Crown Land.
2. Don mosquito dope and limber up chainsaw (for downed trees on the trail).
3. Put 'er in 4-Low.
4. Proceed down ATV trail to abandoned campsite (or even just a gap in the trees) with a good canoe launch.
5. Set up, move in!
6. Thoroughly enjoy the new environs!

-Paul
We are really looking forward to the piece and quiet. Closest neighbors are the beef cattle across the road. Can't see any houses.

Closest neighbors actually live out behind us. But you only see them if they are out walking their dogs or driving past in a vehicle.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Signed paperwork and put a deposit down on the camper this afternoon.

36ft with 4 slides. Rear living room. Middle bunkroom with sleeping loft. And master bedroom with king-sized bed in the front.

Total length is 41ft.

1000011475.jpg
1000011476.jpg
1000011485.jpg
1000011484.jpg
1000011482.jpg
1000011483.jpg
1000011480.jpg
1000011478.jpg
1000011477.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Daren - - very nice!
Thanks. 😁😁😁 We got a text a little while ago from the contractor. He's starting on septic and water tomorrow 👍👍👍👍👍👍 I gotta light a fire under the power company now

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
That's nice, but now you are never going to get a house built. You'll just buy a bigger truck and keep on the move!!!!

UnEasyRider

Equipment
L3302 LA 526 loader, Box Scraper, Grappler, Forks, Rotary mower, Big Tool Rack.
Apr 14, 2023
Florida
Age proof was already on the cards since my wife's 15 years from retirement and I'm not much further behind her.

I'm gonna call a local builder and find out the info on the barndominums, have them email me a few floor plans and discuss budget, explain building loans, ect.... since it's a first for both of us.

Then depending on that info, we'll sit down and figure out which way we want to go with it.

Budgets crucial with what the current interest rates are at the moment and we want yo keep the price down so we can pay it off fast.

We've already discussed overhangs for porches. I would like a decent one for the back and front at least. The back, so we can eventually turn it into a heated and cooled sunroom at some point.

A heated and cooled sun porch with doggy door makes it so handy. Let the pooches out onto the sunporch when you leave. They have a temperature controlled place to get out of the rain or heat. And can go potty when they need too.

Also helps keep any critters from sneaking into the main house through a doggy door. 👍👍👍👍👍

We are looking for a small 2 bed two bath, doesn't have to have the garage space either. I can get a 20x30 shop installed with slab for around $15k.
Hey if ya don’t mind either DM or post the company you are getting a 20x30 shop n slab for 15k. I will be doing a 40x60 and that’s around the price just for the slab! Thanks.

UnEasyRider

Equipment
L3302 LA 526 loader, Box Scraper, Grappler, Forks, Rotary mower, Big Tool Rack.
Apr 14, 2023
Florida
First thing - realize that it's not nearly as big as you think it is. 6 acres sounds big when you've only had a half acre city lot. It would be a good thing for you to get out there and walk it a bit.
Exactly…I have 12 and wished it were bigger…but, being on a huge lake allowances are made!😉

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Daren, nice looking camper. I hope it has 2 AC units. If not, you are going to get pretty warm in there and should consider adding another one.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Daren, nice looking camper. I hope it has 2 AC units. If not, you are going to get pretty warm in there and should consider adding another one.
It has two. Both controlled by individual thermostats. Both are plumbed to ductwork as well. 👍👍👍

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Hey if ya don’t mind either DM or post the company you are getting a 20x30 shop n slab for 15k. I will be doing a 40x60 and that’s around the price just for the slab! Thanks.
The company is a locally owned mom and pop place. I'm thinking concrete work is cheaper as well. Granted, a 40x60 slab is good sized and higher concrete/ labor factor into your cost.

20x30 shop was around 10k Installed. Slab was around $2500.

Check out this company my wife just found. We're probably gonna go this route.

Reactions: 1 user

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Well things are suddenly all coming together at once for the property. Septic and water line was started today.

I'm meeting the engineer for the power company out there on Thursday to discuss pole location and where to place the temporary pole.

Called an electrician. He's supposed to call me tomorrow with a price to mount everything on the temporary pole.

In this case, the electrician is gonna mount everything on the pole. Then I'll pick the pole up from him and take it out to the property and install it 👍👍👍👍

E-signed all the paperwork for the camper. We do a walk through on Saturday with everything running and take possession of the camper. 😁😁😁😁😁

Reactions: 1 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Daren - - I'm lazy - - remind me - - public water and sewage system on-site?

If I recall - - water meter is near road. No problem plumbing new home site to water line and sewage system when camper leaves?

Remember sewage system site was perc'd and designed for a specific location on the lot.

It's cool that things are moving all at once - - sometimes a good way to get things coordinated.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Daren - - I'm lazy - - remind me - - public water and sewage system on-site?

If I recall - - water meter is near road. No problem plumbing new home site to water line and sewage system when camper leaves?

Remember sewage system site was perc'd and designed for a specific location on the lot.

It's cool that things are moving all at once - - sometimes a good way to get things coordinated.
Campers being parked on the edge of the building pad, with easy access to the septic tank.

Contractor has the perc test and septic plan. We did shift the septic tank location, but that's being pumped anyway so it's just a matter of an extra stick of pipe.

Water line is gonna be terminated for now into a frost proof spigot from the water meter.