Just ordered the Piranha Tooth Bar

man00

Jul 3, 2013
okla
Hope I don't have any problems installing it. I don't see any other than making if fit tight against the cutting edge. Far as the mounting plates are concern not fitting up tight against the sides of bucket..wouldn't the bolt/nuts that come with the bar pull it up against the bucket?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hope I don't have any problems installing it. I don't see any other than making if fit tight against the cutting edge. Far as the mounting plates are concern not fitting up tight against the sides of bucket..wouldn't the bolt/nuts that come with the bar pull it up against the bucket?
You will have no problems installing - start with small hole and work up. And yes it will pull up very tight! You'll love it!;)

origami

Equipment
'12 BX25. Previous: '95 B1700
Apr 18, 2016
Leesburg, VA
I pulled mine up tight to the factory edge using a pair of pipe clamps (with a block of wood to distribute the force along the tooth bar) running towards the back of the bucket. Worked great to pull it up tight and to mark the hole locations.

And, yes, the mounting tabs will bend to fit. They're made from a different steel (more malleable) than the tooth edge.

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
As I recall, the installation instructions say to drill the mounting holes to 3/4" but the bolts are only 1/2" (I only drilled to bolt size).

I went to BXpaned website to confirm the instructions (I originally downloaded mine) - but they seem to no longer provide the instructions on-line. I guess you'll have to wait to receive the bar to see what size drill bit they recommend.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
You guys ought to call the top dogs there and see if they'll do a group purchase, and maybe save a few dollars and they get a bunch of advertisement.

HickoryNut

Equipment
BX25DLB/PForks,Front Blade,3PH,and 3Pt STUFF, BXPanded UA, Piranha, BH Dolly,Rip
Apr 15, 2011
NE Georgia
Y'all gonna like it. Even when the BH and mower get the day off the PTB still has to work!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Did you get a chance to try it out? I used mine yesterday to remove a few bushes at the neighbors, sure beats a shovel.

man00

Jul 3, 2013
okla
Did you get a chance to try it out? I used mine yesterday to remove a few bushes at the neighbors, sure beats a shovel.
No chance to try it out yet, there a few roots in my backyard I want to remove but will have to wait until it dries out some.

HickoryNut

Equipment
BX25DLB/PForks,Front Blade,3PH,and 3Pt STUFF, BXPanded UA, Piranha, BH Dolly,Rip
Apr 15, 2011
NE Georgia
I like it. Watch the damn thing though. It's sharp and will cut you if you run into it with a leg or shoe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You outta see what it can do to the garage door pillar if you turn too tight backing out.....:rolleyes::eek::eek::(

millsan1

Equipment
BX25D, SGC05, 4' Box Blade, 6' rake, 6' blade, Titan BX42 Chipper
Love mine.

I do a lot of dirt work and it has been invaluable.

I take it off in the winter, so I can scrape with the bucket. Earlier this spring I went to do some ground work and I was getting nowhere, fast. Then I remembered I hadn't put my bar back on yet. Back on, and dirt work went smooth and fast.

kckndrgn

Equipment
BX2370 w/ 60" MMM and FEL, Box Blade, Bush Hog, Carry All & Tiller
Mar 17, 2016
Somerville, TN
Mine should be in today :)

Unfortunately it's supposed to rain Fri - Sun in our area so I doubt I'll get it on, let alone do anything with it this weekend.

gmbc

Equipment
B2650HSDC ,bucket, Forks, Front Snow blower, MMM, Tiller, Land Rake
Mar 11, 2016
Dundurn, Saskatchewan, Canada
I had just emailed BExpanded about attachments for my Bucket on B2650HSDC. Looks like all they have to fit my 60" bucket is Pirahna bar. I will be ordering one of those too.