Just bought my first Kubota

parrothead

Equipment
Kubota B7100 HST-D
Jun 26, 2013
Cherokee, KS
Hello! I'm brand new here. This site is great! It is a wealth of information, and well done to boot!
I just bought a Kubota B7100 HST-D 4X4 tractor with a loader today. I'll pick it up in the morning. Is there anything model specific I need to look for / check on this tractor before I use it? I've owned and used old John Deere 2 cylinder tractors since I was a teenager, but this is my first foreign compact. This one shows 2019 hours.
Thanks!
PH

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Since your familiar with tractors be sure to look for the normal signs of wear and tear or any abuse. Other then the common stuff you'll be completly impressed and grow to love these little tanks.

Welcome to the hood, kick up your feet and stay a while.

seanbarr

Equipment
B7100DT (sold) - Branson 3520H
Feb 1, 2013
Deer Park, WA
Probably don't need to tell you but do change fluids, filters, lube grease jerks, take note of any issues, check performance, run everything, make adjustments, etc.

Basically, be one with the tractor. (as Vadar) "Come to the orange side!"

parrothead

Equipment
Kubota B7100 HST-D
Jun 26, 2013
Cherokee, KS
Thanks guys. I just got the beast home today. I need to replace a few small items (seat, rebuild loader lift cylinder) but it seems to be a good running, solid machine. I did find one broken part (casting where the cross shaft goes through on the rear of the tractor). I found it after I took it to the car wash and hosed the gunk off it. I'll post a pic later. The fenders are torn up, so I'll try to find a good used set some day.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Man once you get it all done,, it will be just like a cheeseburger in paradise:D

parrothead

Equipment
Kubota B7100 HST-D
Jun 26, 2013
Cherokee, KS
Oh yeah! :p

Say, I know this sounds dumb, but how do you post pictures? I tried to post a photobucket link, but it didn't work. :eek:

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
See this thread for a full description of how to do it
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1296

Basically do the following - Put your picture somewhere on your computer that is easy to find (desktop is easy), start a new post, select the button that looks like a paperclip at the top of the post window and download the picture, then attach it to the post.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Worked!

I would be leery of the front tires on your tractor, being that it's a 4x4, if it has ag tires on the rear it should have ag tires on the front. There is a size ratio that needs to be maintained in order to not do damage to the drive components.

Another thing I would invest in is the ROPS, it could save your life.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Looks a lot like my little guy, but I sure wish I had the vertical muffler. I'll be fixing that someday...
BadDog, It's called unbolt it turn 1/4 turn rebolt...TADA! Vertical muffler!:D

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
BadDog, It's called unbolt it turn 1/4 turn rebolt...TADA! Vertical muffler!:D
Hehe, yeah, I know. But I need an extension tube or it's going to be even worse, right in my face. And flapper to keep out dust and such. I'm actually thinking of leaving the muffler itself horizontal to take it further forward, then turn up and go about 3' up to clear most of the exhaust away from my face..

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Another thing I would invest in is the ROPS, it could save your life.
As noted in one of my other threads, the ROPS is available from the dealer with Kubota subsidy. You have to pay the $165 (or so), plus shipping and handling that brings it to about $235. I'm guessing that's mostly dealer markup, but still not bad, and it's an easy bolt on installation.

Funny, after you buy something like this, things start coming out of the woodwork. Just got a "need to sell" offer for a 96(?) 7300. Nicer and newer than mine, but it's a marginal improvement and the stated "need to sell" price that isn't urgent enough to get my interest in fooling with a buy/sell-upgrade.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I have about 10 miles of 1 1/2" pipe and flapper at Big R was $5.95.
If you need a set up give a shout!;)

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Parrothead you might want to put some sort of an exhause cap on the tip of the pipe so water wont run down it and fall off like mine did!

And to Baddog, when my muffler fell off all was left was the 90 degree elbow. I took it and turned it completely upside down so the tip blows to the ground and nothing gets in my face. I know its not factory original but my misfortune of it rusting out works for me.

parrothead

Equipment
Kubota B7100 HST-D
Jun 26, 2013
Cherokee, KS
Here is my little B7100 minus the custom wooden floorboards and mudflap fender extensions. She's sporting a brand new seat and front tires, too. Now I need to fix the charging problem and rebuild the loader lift cylinders. It is leaking fuel around the top of the injector pump around the nozzle area where the fuel lines are fastened on the top of the pump. Are there o-rings in there that might give up?

Attachments

benben

Equipment
B7200 Hst with heated cabin
Dec 18, 2012
quebec canada
Hello Parrot
nice Tractor,but with new frontires.so you have mixed tires on this 4X4 this is not the best for the 4X4 Sir.the 4 tires must be the same ,so you have no problems .Think about this.

Benbeno