just bought a nice 2007 BX2350

ad356

May 17, 2019
north java ny
so i just bought a BX2350. the tractor is low hours, 395 hours. it came with a really nice 54" mower (zero rust), a decent 46" meteor snow blower 3pt PTO unit. it also came with an installed heated cab, its a curtis cab. i paid $8,500 for this package deal. i bought this tractor from a dealer and they claim to have sold the machine new and serviced it throughout its life. i mowed the lawn with it today and i must say i was really impressed. tons of power, mows the thick stuff without slowing down. i couldnt believe how tight this machine turns. i came from an old farmall cub, which in itself is a great tractor but an antique. the cub needs a clutch and some other repairs and i just dont have the time to put into the old gal. i will be selling the cub unfortunately. i was mowing the lawn with the cub and a 60" deck until she just got to be too tired to be effective anymore.

anyways i really like my new to me tractor. i want to change all of the fluids as i am unsure of when they were done last. i will be getting a notebook to log all of my maintenance with the date and hours completed.

i am going to stick with OEM filters but as far as fluids go i might use the traveler universal hydraulic fluid. this is not the garbage sold in the yellow bucket, but the better stuff tractor supply sells. the OEM fluids are kind of expensive. i am considering supertech engine oil sold at walmart, i run it in all of my cars and have great luck with it. the price is quite reasonable.

i think the BX2350 is a decent little tractor, but i dont care for the plastic body panels that much. oh well, i just wont hit anything not that i do that anyways.

nbking

Equipment
L2501HST 4X4, Rtv-x900
Jul 8, 2018
Sonora, CA
You should be able to get the service records from the dealer. You said they serviced it since new. Sounds like a nice tractor and a good deal too. Congrats

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
i am going to stick with OEM filters but as far as fluids go i might use the traveler universal hydraulic fluid. this is not the garbage sold in the yellow bucket, but the better stuff tractor supply sells. the OEM fluids are kind of expensive. i am considering supertech engine oil sold at walmart, i run it in all of my cars and have great luck with it. the price is quite reasonable.
Personally ....
you will be making a very expensive mistake with that fluid for the hydraulics

I would buy the kubota oil for the hst/transmission.
All your cars diesels? IF not - do not place THAT oil in your machine.

Just cause an oil is "inexpensive" does NOT make it a good choice......
Others will chime in and explain further;)

ad356

May 17, 2019
north java ny
i was looking at the API service classifications for the oils and the gasoline oils do not use the same classifications..... i wont argue that point, is the supertech a bad oil for gasoline engines? no i dont believe it is. is it a proper choice for a diesel engine, no only the supertech oil which is sold for diesels is sold in 15W40 which is not what kubota specifies. i was researching the topic after i posted. shell rotella 10W30 will be what i am going to use

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'll fully agree with 85Hokie, I've done enough repairs on Kubota equipment that I know what cheap hydraulic fluid like "traveler universal hydraulic fluid" can do to them, it's simply not worth the small savings.

mattwithcats

Jun 17, 2017
Virginia
Kubota left the inner air filter off a few tractors.
Look and see if yours has both, and if not, consider adding it...

The fuel filter is a cheap clear plastic that has a tendency to leak.
Use a Wix metal can to replace...
33033 is 3/8
33032 is 5/16
33031 is 1/4

ad356

May 17, 2019
north java ny
I think when it comes to hydraulic fluid I'll stick to OEM. Hydraulic fluid doesn't have to meet API standards like engine oil. Allot of engine oil brands are marketing hype, if it meets API specifications it won't damage your engine. There is API specification for hydraulic fluids. I think the service interval on the hydraulic fluid is 300 hours so it's not actually that expensive.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
If I may, replace the hydro with SUDT ( I paid like 90 bucks a 5 gallon bucket at the dealers ) and if your BX is like mine you will notice a decrease in the pump whine.
I ran wally world oil in my old trucks too it worked well enough, HOWEVER, never and I say never never NEVER use automotive, in a diesel!!!! When you change the motor oil it will be black and yucky and you will be like WTH?? Diesel oil gets back and yucky looking that is the nature of the beast.

I use M1, for diesel, there additives in the diesel prepared oils that the others dont have, for the couple bucks you save with the TS and wally world oils, odds are it will cost you down the road. And the filters yep you can by after market filter that MAY or MAY NOT do the job.
You spent good money on this machine, take care of it and your grandkids will still be using it when your gone. It aint like your spending the money every other month for it.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Kubota left the inner air filter off a few tractors.
Look and see if yours has both, and if not, consider adding it...

The fuel filter is a cheap clear plastic that has a tendency to leak.
Use a Wix metal can to replace...
33033 is 3/8
33032 is 5/16
33031 is 1/4
The Wix fuel filter that you listed is "FOR GASOLINE USE ONLY", his tractor is Diesel use only! Just because something will fit does not mean you can use it.

I service over 150 BX series tractors a year and have never seen a Kubota supplied heavy plastic filter its self leak. I have however replaced several metal cased fuel filters that have a pinhole rusted thru them. I have found several of the light clear plastic filters crack also. There may be a reason Kubota supplies the style they do.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I think when it comes to hydraulic fluid I'll stick to OEM. Hydraulic fluid doesn't have to meet API standards like engine oil. Allot of engine oil brands are marketing hype, if it meets API specifications it won't damage your engine. There is API specification for hydraulic fluids. I think the service interval on the hydraulic fluid is 300 hours so it's not actually that expensive.
If you use Kubota SUDT ll hydraulic fluid your tractor will be noticeably quieter and the hydro smoother.

Kubota BX 1860

Equipment
BX 1860, oops, traded it for a BX2370
Jun 23, 2011
Raymond, ME
I too came from a Farmall Cub when I got my first BX. Sort of like comparing apples to oranges. BX does indeed turn a lot sharper and it won't make crop circles on your lawn due to the steering geometry. Kubotas are very reliable, but parts are expensive. You won't find many forum members who don't use the SUDT in the trans, engine oil you can be a little more flexible--I like Rotella T synthetic available from wally world. The BX 2350 supposedly is a little jerky gong from reverse to forward, you'll have to see. Curtis Cab has been on my want list for years but haven't been able to pull the trigger yet. Two advantages to the Farmall Cub--Much quieter, and folks will wave as they go by when you're mowing. You'll never see that with the Kubota. Having said that, I'm on my second BX and I love them. I hope yours works out well, too.

ad356

May 17, 2019
north java ny
i changed the oil today. i used shell rotella approved for use in diesel engines. i used 10W30 and a genuine OEM kubota filter. i changed the antifreeze used generic antifreeze, 50-50 mix. i changed the front axle fluid used 80W90 gear oil. next things on the list the transmission fluid, i will use the genuine OEM kubota SUDT II and a genuine OEM kubota filter. oil changes are once every 100 hours, i think the transmission is every 300 hours. its cheap over a 300 hour period. if it quiets that noisy hydro-static system it will be worth it, the whine is kind of annoying. i am actually a local milk tanker driver, so i am around diesels everyday. i am aware they arent the same as gasoline but i never really gave the oil much thought. the company provides me oil for my truck and i use it.

im thinking about using this filter setup. its similar to what the commercial trucks have only smaller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcyN_T6w1GY

ad356

May 17, 2019
north java ny
I too came from a Farmall Cub when I got my first BX. Sort of like comparing apples to oranges. BX does indeed turn a lot sharper and it won't make crop circles on your lawn due to the steering geometry. Kubotas are very reliable, but parts are expensive. You won't find many forum members who don't use the SUDT in the trans, engine oil you can be a little more flexible--I like Rotella T synthetic available from wally world. The BX 2350 supposedly is a little jerky gong from reverse to forward, you'll have to see. Curtis Cab has been on my want list for years but haven't been able to pull the trigger yet. Two advantages to the Farmall Cub--Much quieter, and folks will wave as they go by when you're mowing. You'll never see that with the Kubota. Having said that, I'm on my second BX and I love them. I hope yours works out well, too.
the cub was a great tractor for me. i used her for many years. i sold her today for $1,250. it has a badly worn clutch and and engine that has 2 cylinders that are low in compression. these vintage machines are great but require an investment in time that i do not have to devote to a tractor old enough to draw social security. the way my cub was, if you run the mower the clutch would slip until the mower caught up in RPM. the engine would bog down badly in heavy grass. she's worked hard in her life and needs a restoration to be worked effectively again.