It's Here

MNVikingsGuy

Equipment
LX3310, FEL, 60" bucket, 60" grapple, 60" box blade, 60" flail, LX2980 blower,
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota
Well, took delivery of the new LX3310 ROPS late afternoon yesterday. Spent a few hours moving things around and switching it for winter set up and blowing the 1/4 mile gravel driveway (we had a light snow yesterday - would normally just drive over it, but was an excuse to test it out). Here are my early thoughts:

Good:
  • It was way easier to handle in tight spaces than I was expecting
  • After this short period of use, I am still a little jerky with the FEL control, but was able to get things done reasonably well after just a few minutes of use.
  • I like the hydrostatic pedal more than I would have thought.
  • Controls all well marked and easy to use.
  • Front lights were not totally useless with bucket or blower attached (not particularly high praise I know).
  • Is the perfect size for our spaces (bought sight unseen as they had none in stock at the time).
  • Getting hydraulics on and off was easier than expected
  • It shot snow a country mile and cut through a few hardened piles from previous plowing like butter. The LX2980 blower is powerful for its size.
  • I (and my son) Didn't hit anything with the FEL, ROPS or boxblade that was on the 3-point for ballast.
  • The blower undercarriage went on and off in 2 minutes - what a sweet system!
  • The seat was comfortable.
  • The tractor looks great (fit and finish) and operates smoothly.
Not as Good:
  • Despite several "are you sure you have everything" calls, turns out at the last minute they realized Kubota didn't ship the 3rd functional valve kit or blower chute deflection hydraulics. As such the grapple is still at the dealer, chute deflection is manual for the moment and they are going to have to come get it in a month for a day or two to do that install/setup when the parts arrive. Not the end of the world, but my sales guy (while nice) never seemed on the ball with this whole process. They also did not fill the tires - one more missed detail that will be fixed in a few weeks.
  • After saying several times I wanted front and back LEDs on the ROP they only put back facing ones on. I will need to find a set of front facing on my own and tap into the power lines they ran for the rear facing ones.
  • Somebody at the dealer scratched up the front hood - a new one is on order.
  • Having to move the front loader control to "R2" detent to spin the blower chute right was counter-intuitive and I only figured it out by accident after first thinking it was broken.
  • The chute hydraulics are not very smooth - they spin very fast (especially going right). Totally functional, but more abrupt than I would like - wonder if it will cause premature wear on the parts.
  • Maybe I just have big feet or am insufficiently graceful, but seemed to have a hard time getting into the seat without unintentionally stepping on the hydrostatic pedal with my right foot. A little more floor space (or a slightly smaller pedal) would be nice.
  • Similarly, the adjustable steering wheel lock on the floor was easily bumped in operation - would be better to have on the console than on the floor.
  • Getting the FEL off really does require a FLAT spot. Given my grounds and where I need to store it this winter it was a little tricky. Only took 2 tries and 10 minutes, but I wonder if I will be able to get it back on easily in the spring (it is pretty flat, but apparently not flat enough)
  • The garage door is just 2" too short to drive in without lowering the ROPS. No big deal (and I didn't hit yet), but it is just a matter of time that this bites me in the butt.
Not great picture, but we were losing light:

1606318625577.png

Reactions: 11 users

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Well, took delivery of the new LX3310 ROPS late afternoon yesterday. Spent a few hours moving things around and switching it for winter set up and blowing the 1/4 mile gravel driveway (we had a light snow yesterday - would normally just drive over it, but was an excuse to test it out). Here are my early thoughts:

Good:
  • It was way easier to handle in tight spaces than I was expecting
  • After this short period of use, I am still a little jerky with the FEL control, but was able to get things done reasonably well after just a few minutes of use.
  • I like the hydrostatic pedal more than I would have thought.
  • Controls all well marked and easy to use.
  • Front lights were not totally useless with bucket or blower attached (not particularly high praise I know).
  • Is the perfect size for our spaces (bought sight unseen as they had none in stock at the time).
  • Getting hydraulics on and off was easier than expected
  • It shot snow a country mile and cut through a few hardened piles from previous plowing like butter. The LX2980 blower is powerful for its size.
  • I (and my son) Didn't hit anything with the FEL, ROPS or boxblade that was on the 3-point for ballast.
  • The blower undercarriage went on and off in 2 minutes - what a sweet system!
  • The seat was comfortable.
  • The tractor looks great (fit and finish) and operates smoothly.
Not as Good:
  • Despite several "are you sure you have everything" calls, turns out at the last minute they realized Kubota didn't ship the 3rd functional valve kit or blower chute deflection hydraulics. As such the grapple is still at the dealer, chute deflection is manual for the moment and they are going to have to come get it in a month for a day or two to do that install/setup when the parts arrive. Not the end of the world, but my sales guy (while nice) never seemed on the ball with this whole process. They also did not fill the tires - one more missed detail that will be fixed in a few weeks.
  • After saying several times I wanted front and back LEDs on the ROP they only put back facing ones on. I will need to find a set of front facing on my own and tap into the power lines they ran for the rear facing ones.
  • Somebody at the dealer scratched up the front hood - a new one is on order.
  • Having to move the front loader control to "R2" detent to spin the blower chute right was counter-intuitive and I only figured it out by accident after first thinking it was broken.
  • The chute hydraulics are not very smooth - they spin very fast (especially going right). Totally functional, but more abrupt than I would like - wonder if it will cause premature wear on the parts.
  • Maybe I just have big feet or am insufficiently graceful, but seemed to have a hard time getting into the seat without unintentionally stepping on the hydrostatic pedal with my right foot. A little more floor space (or a slightly smaller pedal) would be nice.
  • Similarly, the adjustable steering wheel lock on the floor was easily bumped in operation - would be better to have on the console than on the floor.
  • Getting the FEL off really does require a FLAT spot. Given my grounds and where I need to store it this winter it was a little tricky. Only took 2 tries and 10 minutes, but I wonder if I will be able to get it back on easily in the spring (it is pretty flat, but apparently not flat enough)
  • The garage door is just 2" too short to drive in without lowering the ROPS. No big deal (and I didn't hit yet), but it is just a matter of time that this bites me in the butt.
Not great picture, but we were losing light:

View attachment 51217
Nice! Don't forget to edit your profile for the new addition.

I suspect your chute rotation issue is caused by the loader valve characteristics. The bucket dump valve uses what's called 'regeneration' to make the bucket dump faster. So that's why the chute rotates faster in one direction. When your 3rd function valve is installed, you might be able to use it for the rotation. Of course, then the issue moves to the deflector.

Reactions: 1 user

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
What a nice looking outfit!! I was at our dealership a couple of days ago and they had just received 2 new LX models that were still crated up out back. They had orders for many more but said there next shipment wasn't due to arrive until sometime in January........hopefully! Their supply chain for parts and accessories was in turmoil also. Would sure be nice if things get back to normal soon!!

Reactions: 1 users

rAzkid

Equipment
BX2200D, LX3310, FEL, MMM, PF, rear mount snowblower
Nov 6, 2020
MA
Congratulations! I'm sure that snowblower will earn it's keep. I put a plywood sheet on top of my BX2200. It is cut to the dimensions of the Northern Tool golf cart cover which then goes down over it. I put pipe insulation around the edge of the plywood to keep it from cutting into the cover. About $150 for a cab to keep the snow from blowing on you!
20201027_134055.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

MNVikingsGuy

Equipment
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota
Congratulations! I'm sure that snowblower will earn it's keep. I put a plywood sheet on top of my BX2200. It is cut to the dimensions of the Northern Tool golf cart cover which then goes down over it. I put pipe insulation around the edge of the plywood to keep it from cutting into the cover. About $150 for a cab to keep the snow from blowing on you! View attachment 51220
Cool. We are deep in woods so winds typically light. When strong I will just throw on snowmobile helmet.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Nice new machine.

For front facing lights I mounted a set of LED's on my ROPS canopy.

time-temp-volts-2.jpg

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
another twist with canopy and lights - golf cart top..... 40 bucks
lights 80..... fan 20
the feeling ....... priceless!!
2017-09-29 18.32.13.jpg
2017-09-16 12.30.29.jpg
2017-09-29 18.32.30.jpg

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Congratulations! I'm sure that snowblower will earn it's keep. I put a plywood sheet on top of my BX2200. It is cut to the dimensions of the Northern Tool golf cart cover which then goes down over it. I put pipe insulation around the edge of the plywood to keep it from cutting into the cover. About $150 for a cab to keep the snow from blowing on you! View attachment 51220
As for the OP's photos, YIKES, what is that white stuff???

I love you solution to keep the snow off when snow blowing. Very functional and cost effective. You get an A+ from me!

rAzkid

Equipment
BX2200D, LX3310, FEL, MMM, PF, rear mount snowblower
Nov 6, 2020
MA
Hi Henro! I got a lot of info from you on another tractor forum site a few years ago. Nice to see you are a member here also!

MNVikingsGuy

Equipment
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota
The rest of the parts came in and the whole system is up and running - 3rd function, chute deflector hydraulics, tire fill, drift cutters, etc. I am very happy and it all works well - looking forward to working it hard this year as we get 56 newly purchased acres in order (along with some smaller items on our original 20).

One weird thing -- I assumed the chute hydraulics would have used the 3rd function valve, but instead there is a diverter box on the blower and a flip switch on the loader stick to choose between chute deflection and chute pivot. Not a big deal but very weird. I assume it was just the guys in the shop installing each item per instructions rather than see how they could have used the 3rd function they just installed. This summer I may take of the diverter and get new flat faced hoses for the chute hyraulics (my 3rd function has flat face connectors) myself - any reason this shouldn't work?

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Hi Henro! I got a lot of info from you on another tractor forum site a few years ago. Nice to see you are a member here also!
Late comer here but can only say for Kubota tractors this site is the BEST! Without reservation! (y)

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
Late comer here but can only say for Kubota tractors this site is the BEST! Without reservation! (y)
I`ll second that statement. I use to go to TBN alot (until i found this place). Everything is all mixed together over at TBN and you waste time trying to find anything. I like this place, everything is sub-grouped. This place is the first place i come to for tractor information, comments, stories relevant to my own tractor.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Just keep in mind that if you ever trade them in or sell them privately, all the 'gee-gaw' stuff you put on is worthless as far as value goes. The unit vale is always based on the unit and factory accessories, not user installed stuff.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Just keep in mind that if you ever trade them in or sell them privately, all the 'gee-gaw' stuff you put on is worthless as far as value goes. The unit vale is always based on the unit and factory accessories, not user installed stuff.
I would say "unless the user installed components add value".

A tractor with user installed Summit 3rd function isn't worth more?

How about triple rear remotes don't they add value?

A fabbed up cab has no value?

Or were you just talking about cup holders and stuff?

MNVikingsGuy

Equipment
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota
Not sure how this post took this turn, but for what it’s worth, I buy, maintain, modify and use my tools and toys for my personal enjoyment - I don’t factor in resale. If I wanted to make money with my free time I would get off my tractor and spend the time trading stocks ;)

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
Debatable..........
Well dont leave us all hanging here.... What`s debatable about it? Are you trying to scare off new people that would like to join and stick around to enjoy what this forum has to offer? Why so negative. I would love to see more people joining in this forum.

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
I would say "unless the user installed components add value".

A tractor with user installed Summit 3rd function isn't worth more?

How about triple rear remotes don't they add value?

A fabbed up cab has no value?

Or were you just talking about cup holders and stuff?
I agree with your questioning. Well said.