It's arrived!

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Today Newfoundland Kubota delivered our new BX25D. They had the QC system on it, The thumb and the tool kit. Cool little machine. My wife actually bought it for me for my birthday back in January but I asked the guys at the dealership if they could leave it on the show room floor until I was ready for it so almost three months later we got it. Great dealing with good people because it’s not only a good product that sells equipment but good people as well so thanks to Darcy and Todd for the great service again.
We also got the Wallenstein BXM32 to go along with the machine. It looks very well built. I’ll be doing some vids later on showing how all this performs.
As you can see the BX has been named and looks pretty good sitting next to the 5740 which we call killer.

Here’s a few photos of it’s arrival.

Todd backing it off the trailer.

Don64

Equipment
BX2360
Jun 10, 2012
Cool, CA
Wow, nice looking driveway! Congrats. I like the name, too. :)

I'm very curious about how the chipper works out. Could use one of those myself.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
WHAT IN THE NAME OF JOHN PAUL JONES are you going to do with that chipper????:confused: Are you going in the garden supply busness too making mulch??? Good Lord man you need to find a hobbie:rolleyes:lol

Wildfire

Equipment
Thanks guys. Ya I got some mods in mind. I actually started them this evening.
Skeets my friend, I got the chipper because for the last 25 years if I trimmed a tree I'd put the branches down on the back portion of our land. Well after 25 years those branches are really starting to pile up plus our summers are getting warmer all the time and I'm thinking about the fire hazard so that chipper is going to solve that problem while I get some needed exersize. :D

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Congrads on the Lil Killer,, that is one sweet looking little beast if I do say so,, Will that chipper work on the BX or do it go on big brother? And when you get allll that chipped up Mama will have all the mulch she will ever need for her flower beds,,lol:D

Last edited:

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Ya know the little looks like a Matchbox toy beside the beast of an L series. I gather the 3rd tractor in the background is one you're working on for a customer.

Stumpy

Equipment
L175
Dec 1, 2011
NE Ohio
Whooo check out that shiny paint! You're gonna be afraid to use it.

Skeets is right though have way too much fun for your own good!

Wildfire

Equipment
Congrads on the Lil Killer,, that is one sweet looking little beast if I do say so,, Will that chipper work on the BX or do it go on big brother? And when you get allll that chipped up Mama will have all the mulch she will ever need for her flower beds,,lol:D
Thanks. The chipper is for the BX bUt it could go on the GL although its a bit on the small side for the larger tractor. It will mulch up to 3" plus it's got the shredder. It's made by Wallenstien and is Canadian built.
They are actually built by the Mennonites and have a great reputation for building quality implements. Although the mulsh will be handy to have I'm really concerned about the fire hazard of the dead branches piled up. Now I'll be able to do something about it.

Ya know the little looks like a Matchbox toy beside the beast of an L series. I gather the 3rd tractor in the background is one you're working on for a customer.
Ya its small looking compared to the GL but I didn't want it any larger. If it was larger it would be no good to me. I could have gone up to a B series but the HP was the same but to large for my needs.

The tractor in the background is a GL3540 with a hoe on the back. It's in for its 400 hour service and some repairs.

I don't turn much down when it comes to work in the shop. This week I've completed some fabrication work on a ship, repaired a Lexus SUV along with multiple vehicles, repaired a vintage jukebox and pinball machine plus that tractor you see.
Whatever it takes to keep the ball rolling.
I started working on the BX last night. Wifey says I shouldn't be working anymore 16 hour days but working on our own tractor don't feel like work.

Attachments

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Well I just learned something, I didn't know you could put a backhoe on a tractor with a can on it. I bet thats a PIA to operate.

Oh and I've been thinking about a project I'd love to have you do and would be honored if you were the craftsman doing the restoration for me.

Haven't figured out how to ship it from Richmond Va and get it out on the rock in Canada.

Wildfire

Equipment
Well I just learned something, I didn't know you could put a backhoe on a tractor with a can on it. I bet thats a PIA to operate.

Oh and I've been thinking about a project I'd love to have you do and would be honored if you were the craftsman doing the restoration for me.

Haven't figured out how to ship it from Richmond Va and get it out on the rock in Canada.
Man I'm with you on the cab and having to go out and sit on a seat in the cold or rain or snow then if you have to move you have to get back down and get in the machine and move it again. :mad: I'd go out of my mind. When I operated heavy equipment for a living I'd hit the leaver and turn the seat around and start digging.

I remember a few years back a collector in New Brunswick had read an article about a restoration I did on a vintage items. He called me and we chatted about all kinds of things. We became really good friends after that and when his 50th birthday came his family got together and sent him to Newfoundland to visit us. It was the first time he was ever on a plane and he spent a week here and I took him everywhere. He had a great time and still talks about it. Later on he mentioned to me that he had a toy truck as a kid and he still had it and asked me If I would restore it. I said I'd have a look if he sent it to me.
well a few weeks later i got it in the mail. It was over 30" long and beat up. The cab was twisted and it had dents everywhere. I knew it meant a lot to him so for the next three weeks I spent ever spare hour restoring the truck. some of the wheels had been replace with wooden ones when they were supposed to be rubber so I machined new rubber ones to fit it. I did all the body work, painting and air brushing on it. I took photo's of each step and packed it up along with a 60 page photo album and sent it to him.

When he received it he called me. He was soooo happy. Did you ever hear a grown man cry? I did.
It was one of the most rewarding things I've ever done in my life.

Here's a video on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqrlB9IIr78

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ya know Paul theres a place in heaven for guys like you

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I've got an old Ariens rear engine riding lawn mower that's a little over 30 years old and I'd love to crate it up send it to you and have it completely restored and running again. The mower means alot to me because it was one my dad bought to get him started in the landscaping business, he gave it to me and it was my first mower when I went out on my own and started in the landscape business myself.

Wildfire

Equipment
Ya know Paul theres a place in heaven for guys like you
Oh my friend I don't know. there's no angle wings on my lol. The guy i did that truck for don't have a lot. he's a collector of vintage gasoline memorabilia and works as a mechanic in a small town garage. Even though he don't have a lot he have always managed to send me a little something from time to time to add to my collection. The night he asked me to do this truck he said he didn't care what it cost and he wanted me to do it and sign it lol. I told him he's crazy while laughing at him. He said a few things to me in french that I couldn't understand then he said he was sending it to me anyway. I worked on that truck for three weeks in the evening and on the weekends. My wife and I packaged it up along with the photo album with a note in it that said five words and they were " Hope you like. No charge"
When he received the truck he spent $1500. on a custom built display case to put it in. I still think I got more out of it than he did.
I get a few emails a month from youtubers asking me to restore toys. I'm only doing that once ;)

I've got an old Ariens rear engine riding lawn mower that's a little over 30 years old and I'd love to crate it up send it to you and have it completely restored and running again. The mower means alot to me because it was one my dad bought to get him started in the landscaping business, he gave it to me and it was my first mower when I went out on my own and started in the landscape business myself.
I can understand why it means so much to you. Wish you were next door. I'd do it for you. Newfoundland is a loooong ways away from your area. If we get a TV deal maybe I can talk the producers into shipping it up here for a show. You never know. It could happen. ;)

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Ohh I'm serious about this project. Thinking about making a creat and find a freight company that could ship it up too you. I'd pay you of course, I wouldn't expect you to do it free of charge. And if it took you a couple of months to complete when you had time I'm fine with that also. I admire your craftsmanship and attention to detail. I couldn't think of a better man for then job then you.

Wildfire

Equipment
Ohh I'm serious about this project. Thinking about making a creat and find a freight company that could ship it up too you. I'd pay you of course, I wouldn't expect you to do it free of charge. And if it took you a couple of months to complete when you had time I'm fine with that also. I admire your craftsmanship and attention to detail. I couldn't think of a better man for then job then you.
I appreciate your vote of confidence my friend. Couldn't do it at this time. I'm trying to get this little feller ready to go to work plus its coming up on our busy time of year BUT all the locals know that I take on all the restorations in the fall so you never know. I've had some weird stuff sent here to be restored/customized. Your tractor would be an awesome project.
There must be a local guy that could do that for you? Sure would make it a lot less expensive getting that done locally.

The farthest I've ever had anything sent to be restored was from LA. Actually had three items over two years sent. I won't mention names but he's a well known person and just fantastic to work for.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Congrats my friend. If you like even half as much as I love my BX24 you will love it. With that tool box mounted there does it hamper turning the seat around for BH operation?