Is there a way to adjust hydraulic lift

jerrell

Equipment
tiller, B6200, B6000, 2 bottom turning plow, 5 ft bush hog, frail mower 5 ft,
Jun 23, 2013
beebe, arkansas
I just bought a B6200 with a 4 ft tiller and the man i bought it from said he just put a new hydraulic pump and water pump on it, seemed like a reasonable man and delivered it 50 miles for free, my problem or maybe not a problem at all, is when you lift the tiller it shoots to the stops really quick, you push lever to raise and when you release it , the tiller bangs up. is this a problem or is there a way to adjust the speed , would like it to be a little slower and manageable.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
There is a flow control bolt under the seat, should be painted yellow. Might need an adjustment.

freewheel3

Equipment
MX5000DT LA852, BX1800D, B6000DT, B6200HSTD, B7100HSTD, L185, T1700HX, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2013
Alberta
I just bought a B6200 with a 4 ft tiller and the man i bought it from said he just put a new hydraulic pump and water pump on it, seemed like a reasonable man and delivered it 50 miles for free, my problem or maybe not a problem at all, is when you lift the tiller it shoots to the stops really quick, you push lever to raise and when you release it , the tiller bangs up. is this a problem or is there a way to adjust the speed , would like it to be a little slower and manageable.
There is a "T" shaped handle under the seat on the right side that will control how fast an implement lowers but there is no adjustment that can be made to control how fast an implement raises other than how fast you move the lever. Does the lever stay in the position you set it at or does it just flop one direction or the other? Because it should have some tension on it that keeps it where you set it, this is how you have depth control of your implement. If there is no tension on it then there is something wore in side the block that the lever attaches to.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
You may want to set your tractor engine at a low idle to slow the pump down. That might slow the lift down some.

I will try to look at the Work shop manual for my tractor (different model) and see if it says anything about setting the pump pressure when replacing it. It seems that there may be some adjustment (similar to the pressure relief valve) that would help slow it down some.

jerrell

Equipment
Jun 23, 2013
beebe, arkansas
The lever stays in place and you can adjust the depth but it is so jerky, just move the lever a small amt of pressure and bam the thing is raised to limit, and same downward, a little pressure and bam on the ground, will check tormorrow and see if adj is under seat, need an operators manual and parts manual , any suggestions, would rather have cd.s thanks for the info

Last edited:

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I was pretty sure somewhere on here I read that there is a yellow painted bolt under the steat when you flip it up and it can adjust the hydraulic pressure/flow.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sadly no way to adjust the rise. The rate if rise on that model is dependent on the fluid flow rate.
You can adjust the rate of fall, though will vary depending on the weight of the implement.

jerrell

Equipment
Jun 23, 2013
beebe, arkansas
thanks everyone, going out right now and see if i can find the adjustment, thanks for all the support, good forum and glad i found it,