Is it true all Americans want higher gas prices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
I am confused... I read gas/diesel prices are to high but yet the leaders want to choke off imports from the largest supplier.

56% of all oil imported into the US comes from Canada.

Yet Fed's and states like Michigan don't want these supplies.
First day in office Biden cancels permits for TC Energies Line 5
(https://apnews.com/article/donald-t...t-and-nature-141eabd7cca6449dfbd2dab8165812f2

Michigan wants to close down Line 3 from Canada.

Do all Americans want no imported oil from Canada so gas prices go up or are supplies from friends in Russian and Arab countries more wanted?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Most oil and gas in the US comes from Texas and New Mexico. Most of the Canadian oil was going to refineries on the gulf coast to be refined and exported.

Reactions: 1 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Only the dumb ones don’t want oil from Canada. That’s still a lot of people, but don’t blame the dead people, fake people, noncitizens, and people who voted multiple times in the last election.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
To answer the OP's question in the subject line, I know people personally that think gas/fuel prices need to go up more so the 'new energy technology" will then be implemented and we will finally achieve paradise.

Most people truly have no idea how much oil is used for other things and think it is only used to make cars go.

Reactions: 2 users

Geezer3d

Equipment
Kubota LX2610SU
Apr 22, 2021
Heart of the Catskills
Just wait a couple of months when people in NY and NJ realize that the cost of natural gas for heating just doubled because of cancelled pipelines. We seem to be in such a rush to switch from fossil fuels to the use of electricity for all of our energy needs that we are not paying attention to the short term consequences.

Reactions: 5 users

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
To answer the OP's question in the subject line, I know people personally that think gas/fuel prices need to go up more so the 'new energy technology" will then be implemented and we will finally achieve paradise.

Most people truly have no idea how much oil is used for other things and think it is only used to make cars go.
I think that way too. Here in Canada our government recently added a tax of almost 10% to gas to discourage people from using it / conserve / switch / etc...

depending exactly where in Canada you are... about 44% of the pump price is now taxes. Paid with money we make that already has federal, provincial and other taxes taken off. :(

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA

Wait til they start wondering how they gonna charge all their electric cars during the blackouts. Or when they can’t afford to get them fixed or can’t get parts for them. And then they aren’t worth anything when you need a new one.

And forget about extended warranties, I’ve seen numerous times where the car may need a battery or transmission (generator) and the part alone is more then the car worth. They just send you a check for the value of the car.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Reminds me of an old bumper sticker I saw from the UMWA,,, Ban coal mining let the bastards freeze in the dark. Coal may no longer be King, but it seems things come to a real stand still when its not being used

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
exactly right.

It is a manufactured "shortage".

I told everyone this stuff would happen, however some chose not to listen.

Ignorance=when you don't know.
Stupid=when you know and do it anyway.

There are a lot of stupid people.

Many don't quite grasp the idea that our leaders have the power, and often do, indirectly cause product/service disruptions. Ask yourself why. Since our leaders have green in mind (and I don't agree with it), they manufacture a shortage in supply, demand remaining high, resulting in more green energy usage; e.g., electric cars, etc.

Indirectly meaning they don't want you and I to know about it. They ain't dumb enough call up Iran and say "hey don't send us 2 boats full of oil". Rather they'll do things diplomatically. Lets make a law that says "we're gonna mandate that gas vehicles are going to die"--and include in that set of laws that the importation and sale of the fuel they use will be reduced, and taxed heavily. Just an example of course. They're smart. I'll give them that.

Most never give thought to it, but think on this. If it weren't for dumb mandates, laws, we'd have $0.50/gal fuel, cars would not cost $80,000, you get the idea (hopefully). Anytime the government gets involved into our daily lives, they somehow manage to screw something up. And this is exactly one of the things that I told people would happen; again many chose not to listen. They knew it in the back of their minds and chose to do it anyway, which makes them stupid. If you take offense to this, good-the seed has been planted. Now use your noggin the next time you choose to vote.

Reactions: 3 users

Geezer3d

Equipment
Kubota LX2610SU
Apr 22, 2021
Heart of the Catskills
I am wondering what will happen when I need to charge my electric vehicle on a long road trip and someone is already plugged in to the charger. Waiting in line for gasoline is a few minutes per customer, waiting in line for a half hour or longer charge per customer is going to be very interesting.,

Reactions: 3 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I am confused... I read gas/diesel prices are to high but yet the leaders want to choke off imports from the largest supplier.

56% of all oil imported into the US comes from Canada.

Yet Fed's and states like Michigan don't want these supplies.
First day in office Biden cancels permits for TC Energies Line 5
(https://apnews.com/article/donald-t...t-and-nature-141eabd7cca6449dfbd2dab8165812f2

Michigan wants to close down Line 3 from Canada.

Do all Americans want no imported oil from Canada so gas prices go up or are supplies from friends in Russian and Arab countries more wanted?
Perhaps you are confused boakley or perhaps you are selectively stating facts out of context . . .

From the same source you cited

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQS)
This page has no sub-navigation. Skip to page content.

How much petroleum does the United States import and export?

In 2020, the United States imported about 7.86 million barrels per day (MMb/d) of petroleum from about 80 countries. Petroleum includes crude oil, hydrocarbon gas liquids, refined petroleum products such as gasoline and diesel fuel, and biofuels (including ethanol and biodiesel). Crude oil imports of about 5.88 MMb/d accounted for about 75% of U.S. total gross petroleum imports in 2020, and non-crude oil petroleum accounted for about 25% of U.S. total gross petroleum imports.
In 2020, the United States exported about 8.50 MMb/d of petroleum to about 174 countries and 4 U.S. territories. Crude oil exports of about 3.21 MMb/d accounted for 38% of total U.S. gross petroleum exports in 2020. The resulting total net petroleum imports (imports minus exports) were about -0.63 MMb/d in 2020, which means that the United States was a net petroleum exporter of 0.63 MMb/d in 2020.
The top five source countries of U.S. gross petroleum imports in 2020 were Canada, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, and Colombia.

As far as Michigan's attempt to shut down that pipeline it has to do with the danger of the line failing.
"Whitmer’s government believes the 68-year-old Line 5, which runs from Superior, Wisc., to Sarnia, Ont., via Michigan, poses an unacceptable risk of a “catastrophic” oil spill threatening the entire Great Lakes ecosystem."

So the bottom line, we are a net exporter of oil and that oil line you fear monger about is a known unacceptable risk for failing.

Perhaps some Americans are tired of 1/2 truths and quotes out of context.

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
Yep..they do…

we here in this crap hole state voted to increase the tax on gas…again. They say they will use the old tax for roads…nope…then they ask for MORE money and these clowns vote for it. The roads are worse than ever, they ban gas cars and small equipment, there is not enough water or power….and the new gas tax is getting spent on schooling, college and health care for illegal immigrants.

yep…they voted for it it so it must be what they want OP.

Oil pan 4

Equipment
L185 turbo
Sep 21, 2017
NM
Maybe if the new pipe lines weren't blocked we wouldn't be forced to use 70 year old pipe lines. It's like they want the oil pipe line to fail.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
The thing is the oil company wanted to replace the line into the UP as I understand, and she said no and shut it down,, true or not it sounds a little fishy to me

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
Yep..they do…

we here in this crap hole state voted to increase the tax on gas…again. They say they will use the old tax for roads…nope…then they ask for MORE money and these clowns vote for it. The roads are worse than ever, they ban gas cars and small equipment, there is not enough water or power….and the new gas tax is getting spent on schooling, college and health care for illegal immigrants.

yep…they voted for it it so it must be what they want OP.
You get what you vote for, and you get it good and hard.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
You get what you vote for, and you get it good and hard.
After reading this thread, all I can think to say is:

OTT is a great place for people that need help with their Kubota equipment, and for those with knowledge to share what they know to help other Kubota owners!

Live long and prosper...:LOL:

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
Going through town today, I noticed we have broken the $3.00/gallon barrier. Several gas stations here now have $3.09/gallon for regular unleaded.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Just wait a couple of months when people in NY and NJ realize that the cost of natural gas for heating just doubled because of cancelled pipelines. We seem to be in such a rush to switch from fossil fuels to the use of electricity for all of our energy needs that we are not paying attention to the short term consequences.
The cancellation of a Canadian pipeline is not driving gas price increases. I live in New Mexico, the second highest producer of oil and NG. We have pipelines all over the state coming directly from the oil/gas fields and abundant NG. Our prices are increasing also this year. This is a worldwide market situation.

Geezer3d

Equipment
Kubota LX2610SU
Apr 22, 2021
Heart of the Catskills
The cancellation of a Canadian pipeline is not driving gas price increases. I live in New Mexico, the second highest producer of oil and NG. We have pipelines all over the state coming directly from the oil/gas fields and abundant NG. Our prices are increasing also this year. This is a worldwide market situation.
Not directly, but three natural gas pipelines from Pennsylvania to NY/NJ are being shut down. Without those pipelines the cost of natural gas in those areas will double this winter. It is not specific to a pipeline from Canada, but does add significantly to the oncoming energy shortage with no plan in place to replace that energy before it is cut off.

These are the same people who are already affected by a shortage of electricity because the Indian Point nuclear plant was closed before any alternative source of power was created.

Status
Not open for further replies.