Is B2650 to big for 1 arce lot?

hondoo

Equipment
B2650cab
Nov 28, 2017
Meredith, NH
Currently have a BX25 with Curtis cab, 54 mmm, blower and Q/A forks. 100ft driveway 30ft wide and .5 acre lawn. Very hill.

Need to lift more weight for rock walls, snowmobile, etc. and need a larger bucket for the 15 yards of annual mulch. WAY to many trips back and forth with the BX.

The 2601 seams to be the best fit, but by the time I add a cab (nessesary for winter here) its only a few thousand less the the 2650. However the 2650 appears to be to big for the yard.

Anyone know how it mows with a small yard? Turn radius says 6.9ft with brake (that mean wreck lawn) so what about no brake radius?

I have a shed 36ft by 20ft with a 10ft garage door. Will it and a back-hoe take over?

Just a little advise for those with a B2650 or 2601 and a small yard.

Thanks

Bevan175

Equipment
Kubota B2650 HSDC
Aug 11, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Currently have a BX25 with Curtis cab, 54 mmm, blower and Q/A forks. 100ft driveway 30ft wide and .5 acre lawn. Very hill.

Need to lift more weight for rock walls, snowmobile, etc. and need a larger bucket for the 15 yards of annual mulch. WAY to many trips back and forth with the BX.

The 2601 seams to be the best fit, but by the time I add a cab (nessesary for winter here) its only a few thousand less the the 2650. However the 2650 appears to be to big for the yard.

Anyone know how it mows with a small yard? Turn radius says 6.9ft with brake (that mean wreck lawn) so what about no brake radius?

I have a shed 36ft by 20ft with a 10ft garage door. Will it and a back-hoe take over?

Just a little advise for those with a B2650 or 2601 and a small yard.

Thanks
I just rec'd my B2650HSDC 2 weeks ago and so glad I went this direction. The unit is very nimble and a joy to operate. So glad I went with a Cab unit. I looked at the B2601 which would have likely been plenty of machine for my property needs. I'm sure there a fantastic unit but if you want comfort and don't mind the additional cost for me it was worth every penny extra!

Last edited:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Last fall I got a b2650 with a cab and a front mounted snowblower to replace an old Ingersoll pictured below. It didn't snow much last winter, but it went all over my yard with no problem. I used it instead of the L3560 to spread bark on my arena because it was more maneuverable and the turf tires dug in less. I don't have a mower for it, but when I was trying to decide what to buy, a nearby OTT member kindly brought over his B2650 and let me try out the mm mower on it in my backyard. It was plenty easy to turn in the corners I have. With a cab I would have to trim some trees to mow. If you don't mind taking the loader off to mow, and it is easy, it would be fine in a small space. You may eventually find it easier to use a push mower for that small a lawn. As far as storage space, do you have a way to roll stuff like the backhoe around?

hondoo

Equipment
B2650cab
Nov 28, 2017
Meredith, NH
Last fall I got a b2650 with a cab and a front mounted snowblower to replace an old Ingersoll pictured below. It didn't snow much last winter, but it went all over my yard with no problem. I used it instead of the L3560 to spread bark on my arena because it was more maneuverable and the turf tires dug in less. I don't have a mower for it, but when I was trying to decide what to buy, a nearby OTT member kindly brought over his B2650 and let me try out the mm mower on it in my backyard. It was plenty easy to turn in the corners I have. With a cab I would have to trim some trees to mow. If you don't mind taking the loader off to mow, and it is easy, it would be fine in a small space. You may eventually find it easier to use a push mower for that small a lawn. As far as storage space, do you have a way to roll stuff like the backhoe around?

Ok, I didn't know the loader has to be off to mow. Can you ballpark the turning radius?

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
The mower doesnt have to be off, or at least i dont think so, but it might be in the way inching up to flower beds etc. One of the guys, eipo or rkidd, can tell you better.

boz1989

Equipment
B2910 fel 60 mmm, Land Pride rb1572
Jun 10, 2015
Portland, MI
I have mowed with the loader on, but for the sake of the house, I take the couple minutes and remove it. I have a 2910, I'm guessing it takes me less than 2 minutes to remove it, or reinstall.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

John Lash

Equipment
B2100, B2650
Nov 23, 2017
Elizabeth, Pa.
1-Don't worry about turning radius. You will probably need to make "y" turns to turn around.
2-Stop at a dealer and drive one. They are very maneuverable...

hondoo

Equipment
B2650cab
Nov 28, 2017
Meredith, NH
Thanks a lot for all the input guys. It was a big help. Going to test drive the 2650 and the 2601 at the dealer.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
That sounds like a nice size to me. I have about 3-1/2 acres (outlined in yellow) and my neighbor has about 1/2 an acre across the road (outlined in red). Our lot has a number of trees, a creek, a couple sheds and some rocks to mow around. Neighbor has a few trees.

I use (and dearly love) an L3200 with a 6' RFM for both properties. I can do mine in 1-1/4 hours if I hustle, or over 1-1/2 hours if I get anal and do diagonal passes. It takes all of 20 minutes to do the neighbor's place. That includes cut, trim and blow the grass off the sidewalk and driveway.

I always have the entire FEL and frame off unless I'm using it for something. It's too easy to get the loader off to have it along for the ride/

Attachments

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
The mower doesnt have to be off, or at least i dont think so, but it might be in the way inching up to flower beds etc. One of the guys, eipo or rkidd, can tell you better.
As Sheepfarmer says, you can mow with the loader on or off. Either way works fine. The tractor has a great turning radius and is very manuverable.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I usually mow with the loader on, because I'm lazy. And every time I go near the house I remind myself that if I touch it once, then all the time I saved by not taking it off will be wasted - because anything that loader touches is immediately broken. Nobody else is allowed to mow with it on - if there are visitors who want to drive the tractor for mowing, the loader comes off. It's one thing me breaking the house, but I don't want someone else to do so and me to have to pretend it's OK.

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
if you are in 2wd the 2650 turns just fine!

but if you dont need the extra lift capacity or weight?

then go with the 2601.

Huskerfan

Equipment
Kubota B2650 HSTC, Grasshopper 725Dt
May 24, 2016
Iowa
My circumstances are not much different from all of these posts, smaller lot etc. While I considered the trade up to the B2601 from a BX2200, the B2650 won out for the cab and 72 inch deck options, albeit at a higher cost. It’s easy to mow and easy on grass if turf tires are used. The loader comes off fast for mowing. In short, no regrets, and would highly recommend the B2650.

Kubota kid 1

Equipment
B 2650 Hsdc
Nov 29, 2017
Shelbyville, IL usa
I have had Kubota's for over 30 years. 3-B7100 1-B7500 1-B3200 and now my B2650 with a cab. It has loader and mid mount mower 60 inch. You can mow with the loader on but why? In 2 minutes it comes off and on so you can get closer to stuff. No regrets on the cab since I had a heat stroke a few years back. Mowing is now enjoyable again. B2650 only downfall I have found is the hydro whine. Ear plugs fix that. Still better than the heat. I have mine with 6 attachments in a 16 x20 shed with 8 foot door and works great. .5 acre yard sure why not.

Last edited:

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
I had an 8N for my 5 acres and it worked fine, about the same size as the B2650. Moved to a 50 acre property and used 2 8Ns for years then bit the bullet and invested in the B2650HSDC because of the size and cab. I wanted something about the size of the 8Ns, pleasantly surprised with the maneuverability of the Kubota, turns on a dime. I don't think you will find it too big but either choice will suffice.

mpham

Equipment
B 2650 cab
Nov 15, 2016
Massachusetts
I use mine on an acre lot. I have a 5ft. RFM to mow with. Gets around pretty good. I do find that it tears up the yard in spots i have to keep turming in. I bought it to plow and blow snow so I have a riding mower for most times.

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
I think you will be pleased with your choice, I really like the cab. Climate control on a tractor?? Who would have thought? If you did not already get the radio try to get a blue tooth radio, probably an aftermarket would be cheaper. You can hear the one that is sold with the tractor but it has to be loud to be heard over the hydro whine.