Irrigation line pipe puller

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
jrslick,, and I bet you cant wear a wrist watch either cause it stops
The battery operated wrist watch stopping is fairly common. Both my brother and I can only wear wind up or self winding watches. Dad used to get mad, when he would get us each a new watch, and within 48 hours it would be dead. We ran through about a dozen returning them and getting a new watch plus replacement battery's before we got banned :rolleyes: Both my brother and I gave up on watches over 20 years ago.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Dad was like that, he could not have a windup watch on him, put a new watch on or in his pocket maybe 2 days and it stopped,, had to demagnetize it and then it would work again for a bit,, the battery watches never gave him a problem,, But then he could find stuff you didn't even know you lost too. I don't know if he ever tried to the water thing, but I have read these things sometimes happen to people that have had some life altering near death thing happen. That never happen to him while I was around, but I know he spent 4 years island hoping in the second, and I have some letter from Gran that have been very highly redacted so Lord only knows, The guy that did my well that's how he found water on top of a hill that had been drilled before all around us and no water, he found it

jrslick

Jan 13, 2013
Clay Center, Kansas
I wore watches all the time growing up. Probably until my late 20's. Then I started having a cell phone and the watch went away. I just don't like wearing them now. But never had a wind up watch, only battery powered ones. Funny you ask, my debit and credit cards always seem to stop working and I have to replace them. Maybe I do have a magnetic personality.

Jay

Last edited:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Witching. True story. Older gentleman used to get nekkid and walk around with a big cardboard box. Aparrently when he walked over a water source he would- being a respectable forum,you get the idea....
He was well known in these parts for his talent. He drank stout ale-a black beer, warm.i was a bartender in another life,he was a regular customer.

I have tried the divining rods myself,worked to find a water line.

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
Well I joined the club of believers this morning. I'm setting my chicken coop in place this spring near the barn. I am going to drill four holes for a concrete foundation and it's going to be on the side of the barn with the electric service for easy access. So last night I'm searching the internet for gadgets to detect the location of the buried cable. I found more than a few and moved on to YouTube to see them work and ran across a video on Dowsing. Well this morning I watched it and said, what the heck, and gave it a try.

So Of A #%£$&!

It works! I just spent 45 minutes outside in 11 degrees. I now know which side of the driveway the electric line comes up to the house and where in the driveway it crosses. Where the line runs up to the barn. Just to be sure I checked known lines propane, water line from the well, sewer line to septic tank. Yes, yes, and yes.

I'm still shaking my head. Although the neighbors now have ample evidence of my going crazy I can't wait till the Mrs gets home to show her. :D

Oh yeah, the gadgets online, I'm not placing any orders anytime soon. :)

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
...I don't know if he ever tried to the water thing, but I have read these things sometimes happen to people that have had some life altering near death thing happen...
Now that I think about it I did have a life altering event years ago when I met and married my lovely wife and if you listen to her I've had a few near death experiences with her. :D

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Well I joined the club of believers this morning. I'm setting my chicken coop in place this spring near the barn. I am going to drill four holes for a concrete foundation and it's going to be on the side of the barn with the electric service for easy access. So last night I'm searching the internet for gadgets to detect the location of the buried cable. I found more than a few and moved on to YouTube to see them work and ran across a video on Dowsing. Well this morning I watched it and said, what the heck, and gave it a try.

So Of A #%£$&!

It works! I just spent 45 minutes outside in 11 degrees. I now know which side of the driveway the electric line comes up to the house and where in the driveway it crosses. Where the line runs up to the barn. Just to be sure I checked known lines propane, water line from the well, sewer line to septic tank. Yes, yes, and yes.

I'm still shaking my head. Although the neighbors now have ample evidence of my going crazy I can't wait till the Mrs gets home to show her. :D

Oh yeah, the gadgets online, I'm not placing any orders anytime soon. :)
Instead of telling her about it, give her the witching rods and show her how it do it. Act befuddled, letting her know you wonder if it really works, and see if she can come up with the same locations as you. After she tries for a while, only then, tell her your outcome!

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
I bought a subsoiler for my L1500 with visions of pulling up roots with it. It pulls the subsoiler fine in sandy loam up to a foot or so deep, but it doesn't take much of a root to stop it in its tracks at nearly any depth. My L1500 doesn't have a loader and the tires aren't filled. Traction is more of an issue than power. With the loader on the front, your L1501 should fare a little better, but if you've got a lot of roots or rocks, you'll probably need more tractor.

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
Instead of telling her about it, give her the witching rods and show her how it do it. Act befuddled, letting her know you wonder if it really works, and see if she can come up with the same locations as you. After she tries for a while, only then, tell her your outcome!
It was too late. Order of information sharing.
1) Mama
2) You guys.
When she got home I gave her the rods and put her over the 4" line going to the septic tank. Nothing. Absolutely Nothing! You're kidding me.
I grab those rods walk over the pipe, those rods almost made a breeze they moved so fast. I took her over to the 200 amp service coming into the house. Again Nothing. I take the rods again. Sure enough they swing together again.
Now she's heading in the house laughing at me.
This ain't over.
I make her wash her hands to get them moist and conductive and we head out again. This time over the propane line. I go first. Sure enough 100% successful. She goes and it finally works for her. The only thing I can figure is lack of continuity due to dry hands.
If nothing else she had a good laugh at my expense.