intermittent problem with FEL ??

logan

Equipment
Kubota B7800 w?fel
Jan 7, 2010
US
My down position is intermittent, the float works but I am increasingly using it for down ???

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
My down position is intermittent, the float works but I am increasingly using it for down ???
Hi Logan,
I'm thinking you might need to take the spool apart and have a look. Could be a bad seal coming out of place and causing an obstruction to the port. Worst case something came loose after the filter and is wedged in the spool.

Is this behavior only limited to lowering the FEL or is the dump having problems also. Adding to that, how is the 3 point? Does it lower ok?

Keep us updated!​

Scott

logan

Equipment
Kubota B7800 w?fel
Jan 7, 2010
US
(Is this behavior only limited to lowering the FEL)

Yes just lowering the bucket. Where is the spool you are referring to?

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
(Is this behavior only limited to lowering the FEL)

Yes just lowering the bucket. Where is the spool you are referring to?
Logan, I'll take a picture of mine and post it a little later today.

Basically right below the control lever should be a cover. Remove the cover. Leave the tractor off for this. Move the control lever into the lower position and watch the linkage moving. As what appears to be a piston moving into a housing is actually the spool for lift and lower. Move the lever side to side and you will now see the spool for curl and dump.

It's going to be a single unit but observing you will be able to tell it's actually a single manifold machined and ported for dual controls.

Scott

Last edited:

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi Logan. I have an after market loader control on my B8200 and it was doing some thing the same as yours. It had three allen screws that went through the bottom of the joy stick to the control. Two of the allen screws were loose. Good luck & keep us posted.:D Dusty

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Hi Logan. I have an after market loader control on my B8200 and it was doing some thing the same as yours. It had three allen screws that went through the bottom of the joy stick to the control. Two of the allen screws were loose. Good luck & keep us posted.:D Dusty
Thanks Dusty! Sometimes I need to be reeled back in and advise to start at basic stuff. You the man!

Scott

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Logan,
Here are the pictures of my remote. Of course this is only useful if you have the Kubota set up. Hope it helps some.

Scott

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Logan... any chance you could post a pic of your control valve? If it is a Kubota/Husco I may be able to help. I just went through a repair on mine.

There is not much to the valve, however if it is the Husco there are a couple of things that you may be able to do to fix the issue. Chech the following link to see if this is your valve...

http://www.huscointl.com/media/pdf/construction/9210.pdf

Butch

PS... ther is not much info out there on these valves so I had to do a LOT of research just to trouble shoot mine...

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Logan... any chance you could post a pic of your control valve? If it is a Kubota/Husco I may be able to help. I just went through a repair on mine.

There is not much to the valve, however if it is the Husco there are a couple of things that you may be able to do to fix the issue. Chech the following link to see if this is your valve...

Butch

PS... ther is not much info out there on these valves so I had to do a LOT of research just to trouble shoot mine...
Thanks for stepping in Butch. If anybody has these things down pat, it's you! I still think it's really cool you have an X-ray of your valve :eek:

Scott

logan

Equipment
Kubota B7800 w?fel
Jan 7, 2010
US

Butch

I will check it tomorrow Thanks for the replies.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I will check it tomorrow Thanks for the replies.
logan, don't get depressed about your tractor. There's lots of great people here with knowledge to get you through this.

Like brother Butch, he's got these remotes to where he can tear them down and put back together in his sleep.

If you can, please take a picture of the remote assembly and post it.

Thank you,
Scott

logan

Equipment
Kubota B7800 w?fel
Jan 7, 2010
US
logan, don't get depressed about your tractor. There's lots of great people here with knowledge to get you through this.

Like brother Butch, he's got these remotes to where he can tear them down and put back together in his sleep.

If you can, please take a picture of the remote assembly and post it.

Thank you,
Scott
not depressed just running out of time for now as an impending road trip is on me. NEW ISSUE.

This afternoon I got around to installing a NEW Kubota 60" bucket. The old 53" came off no problem. When I finally got the new one lined up and went to put the bolts in I noticed that the welds were right next to the holes as not to allow the bolts to seat properly so I could not get a wrench or socket on them without some mickey mousing so out of frustration I cut loose and I am going to discuss the issue with the dealer from whom I purchased it. For almost $600.00 I feel there should be no issues. It's a tractor bucket not a space ship. Am I being unreasonable ??

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
For almost $600.00 I feel there should be no issues. It's a tractor bucket not a space ship. Am I being unreasonable ??
I don't think you are being unreasonable at all. That is a lot of money to anybody. I would be just as upset as you are.

It's probably not even too bad of a request to have the guy come out and check it out. Maybe have the guy put it on for you.

Let us know what happens and good luck on your road trip.

Scott

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Logan... no where even close to being unreasonable:confused:. Let us know what the dealer says...
HAVE A SAFE ROAD TRIP...:)

logan

Equipment
Kubota B7800 w?fel
Jan 7, 2010
US

Butch

how do I get the plastic cover off?