Interesting Facts!!!!!!

orange crusher

Equipment
BX 2680
Sep 30, 2017
ontario canada
Earth's Population Statistics in Perspective
The population of Earth is around 7.8 Billion.
For most people, it is a large figure However, if you condensed 7.8 billion into 100 persons, and then into various percentage statistics the resulting analysis is relatively much easier to comprehend.

Out of 100 :
11 are in Europe
5 are in North America
9 are in South America
15 are in Africa
60 are in Asia

49 live in the countryside
51 live in cities

75 have mobile phones
25 do not.

30 have internet access
70 do not have the availability to go online

7 received university education
93 did not attend college.

83 can read
17 are illiterate.

33 are Christians
22 are Muslims
14 are Hindus
7 are Buddhists
12 are other religions
12 have no religious beliefs.

26 live less than 14 years
66 died between 15 - 64 years of age
8 are over 65 years old.

If you have your own home,
Eat full meals & drink clean water,
Have a mobile phone,
Can surf the internet, and
have gone to college,
You are in the miniscule privileged lot.
(in the less than 7% category)

Amongst 100 persons in the world, only 8 live or exceed the age of 65.

If you are over 65 years old, be content & grateful. Cherish life, grasp the moment.

If you did not leave this world before the age of 64 like the 92 persons who have gone before you, you are already the blessed amongst mankind.

Take good care of your own health. Cherish every remaining moment.

If you think you are suffering memory loss.......

Anosognosia, very interesting...

In the following analysis the French Professor Bruno Dubois, Director of the Institute of Memory and Alzheimer's Disease (IMMA) at La Pitié-Salpêtrière - Paris Hospitals, addresses the subject in a rather reassuring way:

"If anyone is aware of their memory problems, they do not have Alzheimer's."

1. forget the names of families.
2. do not remember where I put some things .

It often happens in people 60 years and older that they complain that they lack memory. "The information is always in the brain, it is the "processor" that is lacking."

This is "Anosognosia" or temporary forgetfulness.

Half of people 60 and older have some symptoms that are due to age rather than disease. The most common cases are:

- forgetting the name of a person,
- going to a room in the house and not remembering why we were going there,
- a blank memory for a movie title or actor, an actress,
- a waste of time searching where we left our glasses or keys.

After 60 years most people have such a difficulty, which indicates that it is not a disease but rather a characteristic due to the passage of years.

Many people are concerned about these oversights hence the importance of the following statements:

1."Those who are conscious of being forgetful have no serious problem of memory."
2. "Those who suffer from a memory illness or Alzheimer's, are not aware of what is happening."

Professor Bruno Dubois, Director of IMMA, reassures the majority of people concerned about their oversights:

"The more we complain about memory loss, the less likely we are to suffer from memory sickness."

Reactions: 5 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
OK, so what is the point?

I can only assume but do not know what the point of this thread is.

Could you give a little insight as to what you were trying to say?

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Well.. at least I learned something! I don't have Alzheimer's but everything else seems to fit.. memory wise!

Other facts are interesting too.

Reactions: 1 user

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Heck I’m grateful every day I wake up and don’t see dirt and worms!

Reactions: 4 users

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
OK, so what is the point?

I can only assume but do not know what the point of this thread is.

Could you give a little insight as to what you were trying to say?
Henro many may say the same about your posts. LOL! I will say It's interesting to say the least!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re:
Have a mobile phone,
have gone to college,

so the 'privilege' is I had to WORK,scrimp and save to BUY my home..
so the 'privilege' is I worked all spring,summer,fall in the garden to eat...
so the 'privilege' is I PAID for my well and pump system to get clean water
so the 'privilege' is I do NOT have a mobile phone ! I win one !!
so the 'privilege' is I PAY to surf the net AFTER I bought my computer....
so the 'privilege' is I PAID my way, 100%, to go to college (Seneca,Avionics, '74)

Had I been smart, I could have had ALL that without working or using my money...
where's THAT catagory ??

Reactions: 2 users

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
OrangeKrush, thanks for posting that very interesting Perspective, and Yes, I understood the point. (y)

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
so the 'privilege' is I PAID my way, 100%, to go to college (Seneca,Avionics, '74)

Had I been smart, I could have had ALL that without working or using my money...
where's THAT catagory ??
Think globally.
If you were born in Sub-Saharan Africa your expected life span would have been 45 with no access to what we take for granted.
There are places in the US where infant mortality is high, drug use is high and education is poor. Life spans there are also much lower.
I grew up rather poor as my dad died at 40, but I had the privilege of living in a country that allowed me to better my position.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
re:
Have a mobile phone,
have gone to college,

where's THAT catagory ??

That would be a category of folks who got through life and never developed character or self esteem.

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
I enjoy anything that makes me think. I try to actually read something interesting every day. Besides that, do I feel privileged? Not for the reasons stated, except my parents were together their whole lifetime, ( till death do they part) and that I was raised to be a free thinking, hard working human being, who knows the cost of right and wrong, and respects Family, God and Country. I have been denied jobs, for NOT being of a certain race, or sexual orientation. I have watched as unskilled people, who are the currently needed demographics, become my boss or my bosses boss, ONLY due to their race or sexual orientation. I understand the tension many people face. I have also been acquired to work for company’s that wanted my ideas and designs, because they worked. Being offered a contract for you abilities and ideas is a wonderful experience. It did not matter who I was, or what I looked like or loved.
Sorry to get off on a soapbox. This is the USA. There is more opportunity here due to the money that can be made in a capitalist society. There is money everywhere, but some countries keep it, and the power within the governments control. In a free country, if you invent perpetual motion energy, or a car that runs cheaply on water, you will be rich beyond belief. Money and power drive humans. That’s not so much privilege, it’s applied knowledge. Work within the system to get where you wish to be.
I believe the privilege we all have in this country is the ability to go as far as you wish to.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I enjoy anything that makes me think. I try to actually read something interesting every day. Besides that, do I feel privileged? Not for the reasons stated, except my parents were together their whole lifetime, ( till death do they part) and that I was raised to be a free thinking, hard working human being, who knows the cost of right and wrong, and respects Family, God and Country. I have been denied jobs, for NOT being of a certain race, or sexual orientation. I have watched as unskilled people, who are the currently needed demographics, become my boss or my bosses boss, ONLY due to their race or sexual orientation. I understand the tension many people face. I have also been acquired to work for company’s that wanted my ideas and designs, because they worked. Being offered a contract for you abilities and ideas is a wonderful experience. It did not matter who I was, or what I looked like or loved.
Sorry to get off on a soapbox. This is the USA. There is more opportunity here due to the money that can be made in a capitalist society. There is money everywhere, but some countries keep it, and the power within the governments control. In a free country, if you invent perpetual motion energy, or a car that runs cheaply on water, you will be rich beyond belief. Money and power drive humans. That’s not so much privilege, it’s applied knowledge. Work within the system to get where you wish to be.
I believe the privilege we all have in this country is the ability to go as far as you wish to.
We have a friend from Africa. Father was a farmer and grew up semi comfortable middle class for the area. But would be poor for our area.

He couldn't believe that the government didn't own the majority of land in around our homes .

Having conversations with him really put a different perspective on things.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
OK, I get the point on reread.

Just some interesting data in the first half, which are simply facts I suppose. I found nothing surprising there, and did not continue reading into the second half.

The second half was interesting as far as forgetfulness VS Alzheimer's Disease issues.

So the point was simply to share something the OP found interesting...I get it now. 🥴