Insurance

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
If you are going to be on the road with your tractor check to see if the insurance will cover it on the road. A lot of tractor insurance does not cover a tractor on a road.

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
I got a rider on my home owners insurance. $65.00/year.
This met the requirements of Kubota financing for me and the M4900.

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
I went with the Kubota insurance and it covers the tractor when not "at home".
So does the rider and it is ridiculously cheap compared to the Kubota Insurance. The OP should check it out.

Cal270

Equipment
4060 HSTC,LP1258,1672,1860,1672,ballast box,& HermanSupply fel snowplow
Jun 23, 2014
Mid-Michigan
One important coverage that is often overlooked is Liability coverage on a tractor....
Meaning if I injury someone or property damage, do I have coverage.
If you are on your own property then the homeowners may provide liability coverage if there is an injury.
BUT if the tractor is on the open road OR off premise then there better be a off premise liability endorsement or most likely there is no coverage.
My homeowners has a Farmers Personal Liability endorsement on it, which give me liability coverage for bodily injury and property damage off premise.
Accidents happen and people sue rather quickly in todays world.
Most endorsements on a homeowners policy are for the tractor physical damage not liability.
Do not think that Kubota Insurance offer any type of liability coverage.
When in doubt call your insurance agent....

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
I have a $1,000,000 liability umbrella policy with a $1,000 deductible. Cost $180 a year and it covers me any where in the USA. :cool:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
We have similar policy with St. Farm., but I think it's cost a tad less. (I have a $1,000,000 liability umbrella policy with a $1,000 deductible. Cost $180 a year and it covers me any where in the USA.)

car compulsive

Jun 25, 2015
MI
My State Farm agent (and friend) said I'm covered for home use. If I want coverage away from home (on the road, at neighbors, etc.) not-for-hire, it's about $65 per year. If I want coverage away from home and it's for payment, it's about $80 per year.

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
I have a $1,000,000 liability umbrella policy with a $1,000 deductible. Cost $180 a year and it covers me any where in the USA. :cool:
It does not just cover the tractor.
This policy covers myself and my wife for any liability, that exceeds the limit of any other policies we have.
It covers us if we are using anyone else s motorized vehicle, insured or not.
Covers us in any liability situation, other than involving criminal activity.

If you don't mind me asking, what company do you use? That's way cheaper than what I pay each year.

Allstate

Craiger265

Equipment
BX25D
Apr 26, 2015
Manitoba Canada
Here in MB Canada I didn't go with Kubota's insurance, went with my own. I have 5 million liability, $75k total for tractor, implements and tools for $1150 a yr.

Tallahassee Kubota Man

Equipment
M5140HD/LA1153/LandPride RCF2072/DirtDog disc/RakeMaster grapple/Caroni tiller
I have a business so have liability ($900/yr), Kubota (damage-$460/yr) and coverage from my auto insurance for the truck, trailer, and tractor when on the road. Don't remember what the extra was for my truck etc., but not much. It's a shame we have to spend so much on insurance to cover our butts. I should have compared more on the Kubota insurance, but figured that wasn't too bad to cover $40,000 worth of tractor and equipment.

Hamm123

Equipment
Bx 1870
Jun 15, 2015
Jonesboro, Arkansas
I would suggest visiting with Your agent. There are some coverages that would be afforded mowing and maintaining Your property from a homeowners policy depending on the company and the horsepower of the tractor. Using the tractor away from home can change the liability coverages. There are limits also on physical damage coverages and exclusions from a homeowner policy. The inland marine type coverage which You would list the tractor and implements at a stated value would basically give coverages for all risk minus exclusions. Some of these coverages would be fire,wind damage,theft, vandalism, flood,collision type damage on or off trailer, hitting an object. I think some exclusions would be possibly using the tractor for business purposes, intentional acts, normal wear and tear. A plus of the kubota insurance is it does not matter if used in business purposes, it would enjoy the broad type coverage. There is also the question of depreciation in the claim process. I would suggest visiting with Your agent with concerns and questions based on Your particular plans of use of Your tractor and equipment.