Installing B219 fel but no front mount hydraulic pump.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Well I got it all done. I bought the 2 spool Prince valve. It seems to all work good except when raising the loader and I let off the lever and it returns to center it will drop about an inch. If the loader is up and I bring it down and let the lever return to center it sometimes keeps going after the valve is back to center. Any ideas of what's going on?
Please provide the model of the Prince Valve.

Did you buy the optional power beyond sleeve for the Prince Valve?

Do you have 6 or 7 hoses connected to the loader valve?

Dave

Jwgood

Equipment
B7100d and B219 fel
May 16, 2021
Hillsdale MI
Please provide the model of the Prince Valve.

Did you buy the optional power beyond sleeve for the Prince Valve?

Do you have 6 or 7 hoses connected to the loader valve?

Dave
The model number is MB21BB5C1 no I did not realize I needed a sleeve for this valve. I have 7 hoses connected to the valve.

Jwgood

Equipment
B7100d and B219 fel
May 16, 2021
Hillsdale MI
Well I got it all done. I bought the 2 spool Prince valve. It seems to all work good except when raising the loader and I let off the lever and it returns to center it will drop about an inch. If the loader is up and I bring it down and let the lever return to center it sometimes keeps going after the valve is back to center. Any ideas of what's going on?
The model number is MB21BB5C1 no I did not realize I needed a sleeve for this valve. I have 7 hoses connected to the valve.
20210603_205308.jpg

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
"Installation of high pressure carry over plug ony required for power beyond and closed center applications. See Page 2 for instructions."

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
The installation, if you followed Whitetigers parts diagrams, uses the PB or HPCO feature on the Prince valve.

If you have 7 hoses connected to the valve but did not buy the sleeve, you have plumbed the valve as if it has the PB feature but without the installation of the plug the PB feature cannot work properly.

Daave

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
I did install the plug for pb per the instructions so if I get the sleeve and install that on the pb port all should be good?
Wait..... some confusion here by me and perhaps others.

If you bought and installed the internal plug then you did that part of the job correctly.

Some valve manufacturers use a sleeve for the PB feature while others like Prince have an internal plug. Two different design styles to accomplish the same feature lead to confusion when trying to explain to others..

There is no sleeve for you to install on your valve.

With that issue out of the way the next logical step would be to double check how you have installed 3 of the 7 hoses. The other 4 are for the lift arms and bucket and are difficult to get wrong.

Please study how I have marked up the WSM diagram showing the critical lines INLET and PB or HPCO.

forum Prince loader PB.jpg

forum Prince loader PB 1.jpg

The erratic loader operation you describe makes me think something is connected wrong.

Dave

Jwgood

Equipment
B7100d and B219 fel
May 16, 2021
Hillsdale MI

If you bought and installed the internal plug then you did that part of the job correctly.

Some valve manufacturers use a sleeve for the PB feature while others like Prince have an internal plug. Two different design styles to accomplish the same feature lead to confusion when trying to explain to others..

With that issue out of the way the next logical step would be to double check how you have installed 3 of the 7 hoses. The other 4 are for the lift arms and bucket and are difficult to get wrong.

Please study how I have marked up the WSM diagram showing the critical lines INLET and PB or HPCO.

View attachment 60959
View attachment 60960

The erratic loader operation you describe makes me think something is connected wrong.

Dave
I have it connected exactly the way you show it .

View attachment 60959
View attachment 60960

Dave

It is connected just like you show that it should be.

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
That picture shows the hose routing nice and clearly. It looks correct to me.

There is no normal reason that the loader should drop an inch or continue to drop after the valve is centered. If I had to guess -- and I do -- I would say that the spool valve set has a mechanical alignment issue with the centering mechanism, and is stopping just on the very edge of lowering. If I am correct, then I would predict that slowly moving the lever towards lowering (forward?) causes instant movement of the arms with very slight movement of the lever, whereas the lever moves a noticeably greater distance in the other direction before the arms begin to rise. You could try temporarily swapping the up and down hoses and see if the problem swaps with them.

If that is the case, then you may have a warranty claim with Prince. Not the sort of thing you wanted to hear after all this, I'm sure.

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
What is the orifice on port b in whitetigers diagram?
The restriction check valve shown is used to slow the rate of fall of the arms when lowering. It is used on the B port only and provides nearly unrestricted flow when raising the FEL against gravity but restricts the flow somewhat for better control when lowering the load.

Jwgood

Equipment
B7100d and B219 fel
May 16, 2021
Hillsdale MI
The restriction check valve shown is used to slow the rate of fall of the arms when lowering. It is used on the B port only and provides nearly unrestricted flow when raising the FEL against gravity but restricts the flow somewhat for better control when lowering the load.
That picture shows the hose routing nice and clearly. It looks correct to me.

There is no normal reason that the loader should drop an inch or continue to drop after the valve is centered. If I had to guess -- and I do -- I would say that the spool valve set has a mechanical alignment issue with the centering mechanism, and is stopping just on the very edge of lowering. If I am correct, then I would predict that slowly moving the lever towards lowering (forward?) causes instant movement of the arms with very slight movement of the lever, whereas the lever moves a noticeably greater distance in the other direction before the arms begin to rise. You could try temporarily swapping the up and down hoses and see if the problem swaps with them.

If that is the case, then you may have a warranty claim with Prince. Not the sort of thing you wanted to hear after all this, I'm sure.
I have swapped the lift lines for the bucket tilt lines and it showed no difference.

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Well so much for that theory then. Unless both levers are out of whack with the spools by the same amount, but that seems like too much coincidence and I would think you should notice the same behaviour with the bucket. Is there any difference in lever travel comparing up to down from neutral before it moves?