Installed some LED lights

number9

Equipment
L3800HST, 4x4, LA524
Apr 25, 2013
KY
I went with Flood beam for the rear work lights and the rock lights and Spot beam for the front lights. All are 27W versions. Now that I have both versions side by side, if I had it to do over I think I'd get the Spot beam for the rear work lights too. It isn't as much of a true Spot as I thought it would be, but I'd read that several times in reviews and decided to try and see for myself. I like them. They seem to shine as wide as the Floods but a lot farther out.

The rock lights work GREAT. Really light up the area under and all around the tires and I can look down at my tires at night and see exactly where they are. I need to change the mount for the one on the RH side, as the brake pedal bars hit the top of it when pushing the brake hard. I just angled it down a little more for now (don't use the brakes much at all with the HST) but I'll do something more permanent soon.

And the switches I am going to use for them.

Burt

Equipment
L3700SU, box blade, 6 foot rhino blade, 1 bottom plow, 3 point receiver hitch.
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA
I went with Flood beam for the rear work lights and the rock lights and Spot beam for the front lights. All are 27W versions. Now that I have both versions side by side, if I had it to do over I think I'd get the Spot beam for the rear work lights too. It isn't as much of a true Spot as I thought it would be, but I'd read that several times in reviews and decided to try and see for myself. I like them. They seem to shine as wide as the Floods but a lot farther out.

The rock lights work GREAT. Really light up the area under and all around the tires and I can look down at my tires at night and see exactly where they are. I need to change the mount for the one on the RH side, as the brake pedal bars hit the top of it when pushing the brake hard. I just angled it down a little more for now (don't use the brakes much at all with the HST) but I'll do something more permanent soon.

Very impressive mod number 9!

Mind if I ask where you got the lights and switches?

Can you still fold over your ROPS after installation?

Thanks,

Burt

number9

Equipment
L3800HST, 4x4, LA524
Apr 25, 2013
KY
Got the lights off Amazon, from TUF LED. Got the switches from OTRATTW.

I guess you could fold it, the wires would just bend I guess? I never have any plans or desire to fold it down - I'd never even consider driving the tractor with it folded down. Actually I wish it was solid and didn't fold so it wouldn't rattle sometimes.

Burt

Equipment
L3700SU, box blade, 6 foot rhino blade, 1 bottom plow, 3 point receiver hitch.
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA
Got the lights off Amazon, from TUF LED. Got the switches from OTRATTW.

I guess you could fold it, the wires would just bend I guess? I never have any plans or desire to fold it down - I'd never even consider driving the tractor with it folded down. Actually I wish it was solid and didn't fold so it wouldn't rattle sometimes.

Number 9,

Thank you for the great pictures, sites and information. Great job on your mod. You've inspired me big time.

Burt

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
ZOMBIE response lights,,,LMAO Wonders if you could mount them on a Ma duce,,,,lol

chiefbuzzbee

Equipment
B6000 w/Loader 2013 L3800 w/Loader
Jul 29, 2009
New Hampton,NH
I just happen across this thread and Wow. I have bought all kind of emergency lights for emergency vehicles over the years but these sites beat them all over on price. Must be the color thing. I do have a question if anyone knows. I will be doing snow removal along what maybe a fairly busy road at times so I was going to add some side and maybe more lights for safety. Does anyone have any suggestions or sites or pictures, Number9's were great Oh and its on a L3800 also. Thanks Jerry:)

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
I just happen across this thread and Wow. I have bought all kind of emergency lights for emergency vehicles over the years but these sites beat them all over on price. Must be the color thing. I do have a question if anyone knows. I will be doing snow removal along what maybe a fairly busy road at times so I was going to add some side and maybe more lights for safety. Does anyone have any suggestions or sites or pictures, Number9's were great Oh and its on a L3800 also. Thanks Jerry:)
Jerry this is a 20 minute video of my machine. I've done extensive research on every mod added including LED lighting. Have a peep.
Cheers. Paul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MTFZDmgziU

chiefbuzzbee

Equipment
B6000 w/Loader 2013 L3800 w/Loader
Jul 29, 2009
New Hampton,NH
Wow this video was great and 20 mins. nothing the only reason I stopped watching I got so cold from all the snow and almost fell asleep in the cab...ah I mean on the coach.

I have been looking around for different type of lights and cost. Kubota is high to middle price, auto shops depending on quality high and Walmart low but so is the quality I think. I found a Truck Wrecker towing company that is fair priced just need to look into the quality. I also will be looking into some heavy coveralls I don't have a cab.

Hey I have a tractor, it beats a walk behind or the shovel before that :)

Thank you so very much for the information and the video site, I seen Paul's Forklift along time ago its something! Jerry

farmerMike

Apr 20, 2011
Plymouth, MN

Looks quite awesome! Do you have any night pics that you can share, so that we can see it in full glory?

Mike, Force meters