Inherited Kubota L2250

telbdm

Equipment
L2250
Jan 25, 2017
Pinson, Alabama
My father owned it, then my brother, now I own it. Its old but still runs good. Not sure of manufacturing date. I'd like to know if this model will support a front end loader attachment. If anyone knows, please respond. It may not be big enough, but would like to know my options. My father had bought quite a few attachments for this tractor. The ones I use most is a Big Bee rotary cutter, and a box blade. He hid a few others in the woods so no one would steel them. So I need to cut them out of the woods to see exactly what all I do have. Still learning how to use it. I should probably put it in the shop for a tune up and general servicing.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
My father owned it, then my brother, now I own it. Its old but still runs good. Not sure of manufacturing date. I'd like to know if this model will support a front end loader attachment. If anyone knows, please respond. It may not be big enough, but would like to know my options. My father had bought quite a few attachments for this tractor. The ones I use most is a Big Bee rotary cutter, and a box blade. He hid a few others in the woods so no one would steel them. So I need to cut them out of the woods to see exactly what all I do have. Still learning how to use it. I should probably put it in the shop for a tune up and general servicing.
Kubota equipped much smaller tractors with loaders so no it's not to small.
First is it a 4wd?
Does it have power steering?
If not, then you might want to hold off on putting a loader on it, makes them really hard to steer.
Now that tractor was made 1985- 1990, so 32 to 27 years old.
Finding a factory loader for it might be really hard, to took a BF400G and yes the G is important, a BF400 will not fit it properly.
You will probably find going to an aftermarket loader much easier
A loader for it will run in the range of $1000 (if your lucky) to $2500 used And $2500 + for a new one.
If you do a used loader make sure it has the right mounting brackets to fit your tractor, as most after market loaders will fit many different tractor makes and models with different bracket kits, and also make sure it has an open center valve.

clay45

Equipment
L2050DT, TSC 5ft Rake, Tartar 5ft rototiller, TSC Middlebuster, TSC CarryAll
Feb 6, 2015
SC
My 1989 L2050DT is a very similar model with a Kubota BF400S loader.

Attachments

mikekostelac

Equipment
kubota L2250
Feb 16, 2021
Kubota equipped much smaller tractors with loaders so no it's not to small.
First is it a 4wd?
Does it have power steering?
If not, then you might want to hold off on putting a loader on it, makes them really hard to steer.
Now that tractor was made 1985- 1990, so 32 to 27 years old.
Finding a factory loader for it might be really hard, to took a BF400G and yes the G is important, a BF400 will not fit it properly.
You will probably find going to an aftermarket loader much easier
A loader for it will run in the range of $1000 (if your lucky) to $2500 used And $2500 + for a new one.
If you do a used loader make sure it has the right mounting brackets to fit your tractor, as most after market loaders will fit many different tractor makes and models with different bracket kits, and also make sure it has an open center valve.
Hi Wolfman,
I am an owner of a kubota L2250 with a BF400G front end loader.
How hard is it to remove/install the loader? I am solo and and have some physical disabilities (lifting,mobility). Also, is there a backhoe attachment available for this model? What would you recommend?
thx
Mike charlottesville Va