Im looking for nwe tractor gun

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Im looking for a SAGIA 12 to toat around in the tractor and inthe truck,, you know incase I get attacked by a rabbid rabbit er sumthin,,, anybody know a good dealer with good prices???

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Im looking for a SAGIA 12 to toat around in the tractor and inthe truck,, you know incase I get attacked by a rabbid rabbit er sumthin,,, anybody know a good dealer with good prices???
Forget about the rabbid rabbits, worry about the low hanging branches. They break arms :D

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
YES THEY DO,,,,LMFAO,,,,,Now I have to clean coffee off the screen!!!

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
YES THEY DO,,,,LMFAO,,,,,Now I have to clean coffee off the screen!!!

When you do get that pea shooter, I want a picture of you saddled up on the Kubota making a run at a rabbit while you're popping off rounds. That would be a clasic :cool:

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
I have a nine shot 22 revolver that I carry in th efall when I bushhog the fields. Rats and mice that go hoppin makes me start poppin. Wife calls me John Wayne.

adjusterr

Equipment
L2250, bucket, Woods hoe, JD 1010 w/ bush hog and snow blade
Dec 4, 2010
Big Pool, MD,
Personally, I think the best handgun for all around home defense, outside self defense etc, is the Taurus "Judge". This pistol shoots .45 Long Colt or 410 shotgun shells, both from the same cylinder. Mine is stainless with a 6" barrel. Snakes have no chance with the shot shells, varmits and Bad Guys are easily handled by the .45 Long Colt and now Winchester is making a shot shell especially for the Judge, it contains a combination of about 9 BB.s and several discs made, I think, of copper. Check it out.

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
I want to mount a rifle holster on the B2410:D. Local police chief frowned on the idea... but I did tell him I'd pack the loaded clip in my pocket:(:(:(. Just take a gander at my "mug"... do I look like I am off center? Butch

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I bought a Sig mosquito 22LR just for tractor duty. I really hated to beat my 40 or 357 up on the tractors or my 4 wheeler while out and about. If it gets so bad that a 22 full of stingers or velocitors can't keep the rabbits backed down I think I'll move to a less dangerous place.

I'll have to admit that it's a good feeling to be able to enjoy being on my Bota and get to do some plinking at the same time though.

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Santa smile upon me....:D

I got a Henry 17HMR Varmint rifle with a 3X9 Leopold wide view scope. I have a mount for it on my Bota...:cool:

steve l

Equipment
2 m9000,9540 all cabgmd700 kuhn 605m vermeer,r23a vermeer rake,468 jd baler,
Dec 29, 2010
bullard,texas 75757
ive got gun rack that was mounted in middle of the front seats of a cj5 that i mounted by the right door of my 9540.it is mounted to bar that goes below the windshield,i can still use the door if need to get in and out to.

steve l

Equipment
2 m9000,9540 all cabgmd700 kuhn 605m vermeer,r23a vermeer rake,468 jd baler,
Dec 29, 2010
bullard,texas 75757
ive got gun rack that was mounted in middle of the front seats of a cj5 that i mounted by the right door of my 9540.it is mounted to bar that goes below the windshield,i can still use the door if need to get in and out to.
i forgot to mention what kind of gun i carry.remington870 or 22magnum

adjusterr

Equipment
Dec 4, 2010
Big Pool, MD,
Google MD Arms They have the best price I have found on a Saiga. The also make a 20 round mag for the Saiga.

adjusterr

Equipment
Dec 4, 2010
Big Pool, MD,
SKEETS: If you are still planning on a Saiga 12, you better start looking right away. After reading your original post, I checked out the Saiga 12 and after reading a lot of reviews and watching some videos, I decided to get one. I should have acted right away. Saiga 12's are really hard to find, especially at a reasonable price. They are imported by Russian-American Arms who advised me the government is deciding on whether or not any more Saiga 12's can be imported as they might be classified as an "assault weapon", there's that term again. I was told the decision is to be made by May 1st. My bet is they will deny any further imports. I found one Saiga 12, with some minor modifcations, that would have originally sold for a little over $500, they were asking $885, and wouldn't drop a penny. If you haven't already, Google Saiga 12 and check out the videos, this is a neat shotgun. Good luck.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well I looked and looked for Saiga 12,, nothing in my price range,,HOWEVER!!!! i did find a century arms AK47 bullpup,,, it ain't half bad,, Anyway what I would like to do is get rid of the AR type sight, my eyes ain't what they use to be, and put a picciny rail for a scope maybe a red dot or a shotgun scope and maybe a laser for ahhhh the evening festivity's,,, So I figure that there is someone that has been there and done it and has some advice to offer,,,,The last AK 47 I had was Russian and that was in 69 and some SOB was shooting at us,,lol

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Try looking at the new Kel-tec tactical shotgun in 12ga. Its a bullpup design, pump and 14 rounds in the tube mag. Its a new design due out this month. while the barrel looks short it is 18in in length. Kel-Tec is known for polymer designs that are rugged and reliable. I know a few deputies that carry their little autos as 2nd or 3rd backups. I've had the opportunity to fire several different models that they make.

Kytim, (gun goofoff)

284 International

Equipment
B6000 with FEL, assorted Yanmar machines
Mar 25, 2011
California, USA
There is a company called Ultimak that makes the best railed foregrips for the AK series weapons. The fore-end rail is the only style, I suspect, that will work with that bullpup design.

The preferred setup on the AKs is to use the side-mount rail that is riveted to the receiver, but the bullpup won't allow that. Tapco also makes some, but is a step down from Ultimak. Neither are as good as the side-mount, but with the bullpup it isn't an option.

There are many red dot sights out, of course. Unfortunately, the ones that are markedly better than the rest are also much more expensive. Aimpoint makes a variety of high end sights, many used by military services (including the US and Canada). My favorite is the H-1. The advantages of the Aimpoint series is their durability and battery life. The H-1 has a battery life of over 5 YEARS at setting 8 (out of 12). That means you can turn it on and leave it on, so it's ready to go-all the time. It's also tiny and very, very quick. The Comp M4 is a bigger sight, uses a AA battery, and lasts 8 years (!!!) on a normal setting.

The other top-tier choice for this type of sight is the Trijicon ACOG. It is more of a "scope" albeit illuminated by 3 types of light sources. It may be tough to fit onto your fore-grip rail and get the proper eye-relief; it may work great.

Eotech makes super cool sights, and they break more often than the others I mentioned under real use. (Military and police service, where they get bonked and tossed around and into things, and handled a lot.) In comparison to the Aimpoint series their battery life is pitiful. Some prefer the reticle of the Eotech to the plain dot of the Aimpoint; in some trials I have read about the Aimpoint is slightly quicker.

If you aren't going to buy an Aimpoint, ACOG, or, to a lesser degree, the Eotech, most are all about the same level of crappy. I'd buy one from the local retailer that has a good return policy. TruGlo is probably the top choice of the lower end products. It's actually a decent sight in its own right, and I've got one on a rifle of my own.

Don't buy anything at a gun show. There are a lot of Aimpoint, ACOG and Eotech branded knockoffs, that are extremely similar to the real thing in appearance, but don't have the quality or the battery life. Only buy these from an authorized dealer. Gun shows are notorious for having products like these for sale. Even if the seller isn't aware of it, they are still ripoff and low quality products. Just buy the TruGlo instead of these knockoffs.

I wouldn't mess with any of the off-brand red dots either. The top end products are literally lifetime purchases of hand-me-down quality, that grandchildren will be able to use and enjoy with grandpa, and pass to their kids, and the TruGlo may last as long too, and isn't significantly more expensive than the cheap ones.

For a serious "truck and tractor gun" the AK or AR are both good choices. Put an Aimpoint on either of them, get some good magazines and ammunition, and shoot them as much as you can afford. For the AK anything foreign made is generally better than the American ones. For the AR, Pmags are the best. Otherwise, get GI magazines with the upgraded followers. Shoot several loads through each magazine, too. Fix any that don't work right by putting them under your tractor tire and driving back and forth across the top of it.

One more thing: Century Arms AKs have been, in the past, hit and miss as far as quality. Some are superb, and others are terrible. Bullpup conversions of standard configuration rifles are the same, and are known for poor triggers. Make sure your dealer is a standup guy and do a detailed inspection of the weapon before you take it. (One of the common things was/is for the front sight to be pressed on crooked!) Make sure to shoot it a bunch the first week or so you have it, and make sure any bugs are worked out early.

Last, take pictures so we can see what you get, and how you carry it on the Kubota! :D

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
You are all crazy !! :p

I can really imagine you all sitting on your kubotas riding on your property in high gras and shooting with two gun's at everything that move's. :)

If I would do this here in good old germany they will take everything. Gun's, tractor, land, wife, kids and place me in a location where the rooms have soft walls and my arms are in a jacket with long sleeve and fixed tight at the back...

carl

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
Try looking at the new Kel-tec tactical shotgun in 12ga. Its a bullpup design, pump and 14 rounds in the tube mag. Its a new design due out this month. while the barrel looks short it is 18in in length. Kel-Tec is known for polymer designs that are rugged and reliable. I know a few deputies that carry their little autos as 2nd or 3rd backups. I've had the opportunity to fire several different models that they make.

Kytim, (gun goofoff)
It is due out this year, but getting your hands on one will be almost impossible. There will only be two ways of getting one in the next couple years. Pure luck, and paying a crazy price on gunbroker. If you doubt that try to find a RFB, or a PMR-30, and they have both been out a while now. Kel tec is a small company, and does not put out huge numbers of guns.