If true it sucks

bdale

Jul 24, 2016
N.C.
Having trouble getting my tractorB2650 rear pto to engage mid pto works fine but lever doesn't seem to move far enough to fully engage the rear. Called the dealer and arranged for a pickup when I asked the lady about the warranty she told me the power train warranty only covered the engine. This tractor only has 58 hours on it and was bought in July 7th of 2016. The way i see it the power train is every thing from the four wheel drive to the Hydro static transmission.:mad:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
The warranty doesn't surprise me.

This could be a easy problem that you can fix yourself. Look at the cable that switches between the two. It may just need to be adjusted.

Steve67

Equipment
B2601-fel, 60"mmm, 5' rear blade, balast box
Jan 20, 2017
St. Louis, mo.
My 2017 warranty booklet says driveline includes 4wd, axle housing, transmission, hydraulic systems, clutch housing, etc. no mention of pto but I would call Kubota

bdale

Jul 24, 2016
N.C.
The warranty doesn't surprise me.

This could be a easy problem that you can fix yourself. Look at the cable that switches between the two. It may just need to be adjusted.
This model doesn't have any cables that i can see only metal linkage that looks to be ok

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
My PTO selector was stuck on my BX last spring. Sprayed the linkage with some Blaster and haven't had any problems since. Of course i haven't had a need for the rear pto since but the Blaster did help free it up. Maybe give that a shot?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Having trouble getting my tractorB2650 rear pto to engage mid pto works fine but lever doesn't seem to move far enough to fully engage the rear. Called the dealer and arranged for a pickup when I asked the lady about the warranty she told me the power train warranty only covered the engine. This tractor only has 58 hours on it and was bought in July 7th of 2016. The way i see it the power train is every thing from the four wheel drive to the Hydro static transmission.:mad:
Most power trains warranties cover anything that oil or grease go it.....then again who knows.

I bought a new Subaru 18 months ago......they went through the 10 year warranty .....and the guy covered everything imaginable ......

then I asked....

"does it cover CV joints and boots" --- -he looked as if I solved the national debt...... "why YES - it does!!" I was a little shocked myself.

I would think that looking into it closer - you will find the problem, OR demand they come to you and have a look see!!! Good luck and let us know what happens.

MikeyA

Equipment
2016 B2650 FEL and 60"mmm,1998 B2400 MMM FEL(sold!) BB 4ft BRUSH HOG
Mar 6, 2010
West Central Illinois
I had a problem with mine partially engaging mid and rear PTO at same time. When mid was engaged, the rear would try, but just made a rattling noise thru the ROPS. I was able to fix the issue by taking the linkage that selected which PTO was in use, and adding a little more bend in the ends...this allowed for full disengagement of rear PTO while it was in neutral position. Previously, it woild not fully disengage, and that was my issue....

bdale

Jul 24, 2016
N.C.
I had a problem with mine partially engaging mid and rear PTO at same time. When mid was engaged, the rear would try, but just made a rattling noise thru the ROPS. I was able to fix the issue by taking the linkage that selected which PTO was in use, and adding a little more bend in the ends...this allowed for full disengagement of rear PTO while it was in neutral position. Previously, it woild not fully disengage, and that was my issue....
I have been looking this thing over pretty good, sprayed everything down with a good oil still no luck, don't see what you would bend the selector lever is flat so i would think it would twist and the linkage it hooks to is pretty darn heavy, but i did notice that on the selector linkage where it goes through the flat selector lever there is a hole for a small carter pin and the hole looks like it has room for a bushing around the linkage but mine has neither, so i don't know if some thing has fallen off or not can't find a diagram to see:(

bdale

Jul 24, 2016
N.C.
Your symptoms are the same as mine though same year tractor 2016 and a B2650. I did contact Kubota USA and was assured the hydro 4 wheel drive engine axles all this type of power train stuff is under warranty only bummer is the linkages and levers and stuff of this nature are not.