Idler pully help

mmmkay777

Equipment
B7000
Jan 7, 2017
UK
Hi, I have a B700, quite old. The Idler pulley is stuck, won't go around with the fan belt on or off. Does anyone know the part numbe? Also I've taken the big nut off is the pulley just kept on by pressure?

Thanks

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
That model (B7000) was not legally imported into the USA so I can’t see an illustration on that assembly.

I did look at a B7001 and am assuming that it is similar and the idler pulley is for the dynamo behind the fan. There was not a single part number for the pulley and bearing but instead individual parts for the whole assembly to be built.

There is a large bolt that acts as a shaft to carry the pulley bearing with several washers and covers and spacers. There is a circlip on the back side of the pulley that holds the bearing in.

I would assume that bearing is a standard bearing and can be replaced using a readily available part for your local dealer or automotive supply shop or bearing supplier.

I think it will have a part number etched into it on the sides of the race. I would use a sealed bearing since there is no way to lubricate the bearing

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I'm only guessing, but I'd think the pulley fits on a tapered shaft with a key-way to keep it in place. Might be two threaded holes on the pulley to put bolts in to pull it off by putting two holes in a short piece of steel and tow holes to match the holes in the pulley. If no threaded holes in the pulley a three jaw puller will be needed to remove. Once it's moved a mm it will come easier!

Once removed press out the bearing that is seized and replace. Not sure what's available to you there.

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
The pulley has a replaceable bearing. I think it is a 6204 sealed bearing you can get at most auto parts stores.

Reactions: 1 user

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Here is the breakout of the idler pulley.....

B7000 Idler Pulley.JPG

Looks like it is sold, not as an assembly like is usually the case,
break it down and replace the bearing as stated above by
@D2Cat and @007kubotaguy.....
Idler Pulley.JPG

Here is the bearing part number, you should be able to cross it over at an auto parts store.....

Idler Bearing.JPG