I went to the dark side 😱😱

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Oh. Gotta make another post. See you left the bubble wrap on the top portion of the ROPS. Good thinking. lol 😂😂
There's cardboard zip tied to the loader arms as well 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Dude delivered it, I dropped the box blade and started Bush hogging 🤣🤣😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
What the heeeeeeeeeelllllllllllll is wrong with ya?????????

go ahead - explain your decision making !!!
The local kubota dealer went the same way the green dealer did. One company purchased all the local dealerships. Jacked up the prices and service went to he##.

I gave them a chance. Then started tacking on $$$ for the upgraded loader, and a bunch of other stuff.

Base tractor started at 19,000, then added almost $6k for the loader, and then went from there.

I already don't get along with the service manager there.....

That's when I figured to heck with it. I'll stop at the Massey dealer that I drive past twice a day and see what they have and what the prices are.

The Massey was $4k less than the kubota and came stock with the upgraded loader. The other $3k was difference in implement price and less taxes paid.

Reactions: 1 user

Seane1987

Equipment
LX2610SU TLB, BX2350
Jul 18, 2021
Lafayette NY
The local kubota dealer went the same way the green dealer did. One company purchased all the local dealerships. Jacked up the prices and service went to he##.

I gave them a chance. Then started tacking on $$$ for the upgraded loader, and a bunch of other stuff.

Base tractor started at 19,000, then added almost $6k for the loader, and then went from there.

That's when I figured to heck with it. I'll stop at the Massey dealer that I drive past twice a day and see what they have and what the prices are.

The Massey was $4k less than the kubota and came stock with the upgraded loader. The other $3k was difference in implement price and less taxes paid.
I bought my LX2610 from a Kubota dealer well north of me, its only a Kubota dealer and thats all they have done since Ford tractors sold out to NH. If that Kubota dealer was not available, I would probably have gone with a Massey. We have a very reputable Massey dealer in Central NY that is probably the best tractor dealer in the area. We have a really good NH dealer too. Deere dealer is ok but pricey, and the Kubota dealers that have multiple locations don't seem to want to make deals.

When it comes time to replace my BX, I may very well go with the Massey GC series.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA

Ya done good brother - if you are happy (and the wife is ) that is all that matters.

Over time you can tell us what it does better than a Kubota - and or what it might lack.

Congrats!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Several years ago a neighbor dairy farmer bought a new Massey -something in 50 +/- HP range.

Primary purpose was an FEL with pallet forks to unload pallets of twine and bale wrap from tractor trailer loads delivered to their farm.

All of their iron is 50-60 years old and they like it that way.

Took him a little bit to get used to how light a modern utility tractor was, but otherwise he has been tickled with his MF.

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
There's cardboard zip tied to the loader arms as well 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Dude delivered it, I dropped the box blade and started Bush hogging 🤣🤣😂😂😂
In 2019, I would have considered a Massey, but I wanted a BH, and found my 2006 Kubota L48 TLB with only 251 hours.
That was the end of my new tractor search, especially since I already had my sweet little Ford 1920, which I shall never sell..

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Ya done good brother - if you are happy (and the wife is ) that is all that matters.

Over time you can tell us what it does better than a Kubota - and or what it might lack.

Congrats!
Well considering my last tractor was a 2wd 40yo old 15hp Grey market tractor........

This things a Cadillac compared to that old beast 😂🤣😂🤣🤣🤣

I do like the fact the even though it's a hydrostatic, it still has a clutch to start and stop the pto. So you can ease the wind up for the Bush hog at low idle instead of having it hammer on all at once.

I've seen some complaints about the electric clutch for the pto on some hydrostatic tractors and not being able to ease the pto on when powering up an implement such as a Bush hog.

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; R4 tires; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
I have a different take on that. I grew up in very rural and very poor WV. Sixty years ago MF red and silver and Ford blue and white dominated. Blue and white is gone, red and silver is everywhere, and orange is considered an overpriced Yuppie new comer often sold by the same people selling red and silver.

Dan
Back in rural WV in the 50s~60s if you wanted an orange tractor is was an Allis Chalmers. The local Co-Op was an AC (and Case) dealer, and other than some Fords, ACs were pretty much all you saw in the fields.

BTW I grew up in Ohio County, about 10 miles outta Wheeling. What about you?

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Are they just called Massey now. Not M F?

Just a joke, kiddos.

A good dealer close by and a cheaper price, apples to apples. Good choice.

My blood bleeds orange. But a dealer issue would change that to green 1st.
Then Red and Silver or blue and white.

• Haha

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Back in rural WV in the 50s~60s if you wanted an orange tractor is was an Allis Chalmers. The local Co-Op was an AC (and Case) dealer, and other than some Fords, ACs were pretty much all you saw in the fields.

BTW I grew up in Ohio County, about 10 miles outta Wheeling. What about you?
Technically born in Glendale and I call Glen Easton / Marshall county home although we actually lived in Kanawha Co.

Knight Farm Equipment opened on Fork Ridge outside Glen Easton in 1955 and sold MF. They lined them up by. the road and I really lusted after those big blocky machines. Knight is still going strong but Glen Easton is a ghost rown.

Mother's family was across the border in Greene County PA. Grandad was a Ford / New Holland man and did tractor business in Waynesburg.

Along with AC there was a good many International/Farmall machines around. Quite frankley I cant remember anyone with JD. The only thing green was a couple Olivers.

Dan

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
GET A ROPE!
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Dark side would have been JD, you want just a little off sides!

Congrats on the new tractor!

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I have a different take on that. I grew up in very rural and very poor WV. Sixty years ago MF red and silver and Ford blue and white dominated. Blue and white is gone, red and silver is everywhere, and orange is considered an overpriced Yuppie new comer often sold by the same people selling red and silver.

Dan
I have no doubt that you have accurately described the situation in your area, but nationally green and orange dominate with more dealership locations than any other brand.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Are they just called Massey now. Not M F?

Just a joke, kiddos.

A good dealer close by and a cheaper price, apples to apples. Good choice.

My blood bleeds orange. But a dealer issue would change that to green 1st.
Then Red and Silver or blue and white.
I work on a lot of deere engines. Under 30HP, I wouldn't have an issue.

But since they've gone to final Tier 4, anything over 30hp has a DEF system.

I had 6 pieces of equipment shipped in brand new. 5 of those were in and out of Deere's shop for sensor or wiring harness issues.

I don't like those odds.

Reactions: 1 users

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Well considering my last tractor was a 2wd 40yo old 15hp Grey market tractor........

This things a Cadillac compared to that old beast 😂🤣😂🤣🤣🤣

I do like the fact the even though it's a hydrostatic, it still has a clutch to start and stop the pto. So you can ease the wind up for the Bush hog at low idle instead of having it hammer on all at once.

I've seen some complaints about the electric clutch for the pto on some hydrostatic tractors and not being able to ease the pto on when powering up an implement such as a Bush hog.
I just reduce RPMs before engaging pto, then raise rpms once engaged. Never had an issue.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I work on a lot of deere engines. Under 30HP, I wouldn't have an issue.

But since they've gone to final Tier 4, anything over 30hp has a DEF system.

I had 6 pieces of equipment shipped in brand new. 5 of those were in and out of Deere's shop for sensor or wiring harness issues.

I don't like those odds.
Not correct. DEF is only used on tractors above 70 hp.

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; R4 tires; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
...Along with AC there was a good many International/Farmall machines around. Quite frankley I cant remember anyone with JD. The only thing green was a couple Olivers.

Dan
Now you mention it, I do recall seeing a few Farmall tractors, but I don't think I ever saw a JD. I left WV in 1966 for the Marine Corps and only went back for a few family visits.
BTW, the first diesel tractor I ever saw was a late 50s Case. Local dealer must've had it on the sales floor for a couple years before it got sold. How things have changed, eh?

P0234

Equipment
BX
Nov 13, 2023
NoVA
I can see why OP went the way he did but have to wonder if he shopped outside his area if the could have reduced that margin quite a ways. There are still a lot of "fat cat" dealers out there thinking its still the free money era. My local dealer still has new '22s listed on their site for full MSRP. Similar things are happening in the car industry, dealers are refusing to drop prices and their creditors are seeing the values of their inventories plummet, then they come collect their cars and dealer goes buh-bye.

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
I spent 30 years working on golf courses. Those guys know because they run them long and hard. Early Kubotas were unbreakable. They don't buy Kubota any more. Just saying 🤷‍♂️

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I spent 30 years working on golf courses. Those guys know because they run them long and hard. Early Kubotas were unbreakable. They don't buy Kubota any more. Just saying 🤷‍♂️
What are they buying these days?