I devalued my tractor

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
This week I made some "improvements" to my tractor, but after reading these forums for a while, I believe that I have devalued it tremendously. I don't believe that it will ever be able to move on to another owner, since it is now molested beyond belief. To start with I added a rear wiper motor, arm, and blade. Then I put some holes into the header of the factory cab for both an outlet for the LED light that I have drilled holes in the roof to mount. The second hole houses a voltage / USB port for a cable to charge my phone. Oh, I almost forgot, I added a whole bunch of switches and circuit breakers to fill in those pesky holes that Curtis put into the header. The pictures will tell a better story of the molestation than anything that I could write.

Attachments

Reactions: 5 users

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Yeah, tractor is now worthless. Give me a hundred bucks and I will take it off your hands.

Nice work !!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
Oh, that's a relief!

When I saw the title of the thread, I thought you'd painted it green!

:D

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
This week I made some "improvements" to my tractor, but after reading these forums for a while, I believe that I have devalued it tremendously. I don't believe that it will ever be able to move on to another owner, since it is now molested beyond belief. To start with I added a rear wiper motor, arm, and blade. Then I put some holes into the header of the factory cab for both an outlet for the LED light that I have drilled holes in the roof to mount. The second hole houses a voltage / USB port for a cable to charge my phone. Oh, I almost forgot, I added a whole bunch of switches and circuit breakers to fill in those pesky holes that Curtis put into the header. The pictures will tell a better story of the molestation than anything that I could write.
Scrap steel price is currently .05 cents per pound.
Machine weight is maybe 2,000 lbs.
Scrap value = $100.
Sell.....before scrap prices drop! 😪

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
wow, I made 1,000s of holes using Greenlee punches when I built vacuum tube amplifiers....
half a century ago...
thanks for making me feel OLD.....:(

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I’ll give ya scrap value for it, and drive up there and pick it up 😂

Sure glad I never drilled any holes in my ROPS 🤫😂

Reactions: 1 user

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
I like it even though its worthless now!

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
I think we need to get together and have an intervention for Rusty. Somehow he needs to come to terms with his addiction of making it suit his needs better. As I would be throwing stones from a glass house with my own customization maybe I should just sit this one out!
I put a light bar on my grill guard this week and replacement LED bulbs coming so I have no room to talk.

Bill

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I think we need to get together and have an intervention for Rusty. Somehow he needs to come to terms with his addiction of making it suit his needs better. As I would be throwing stones from a glass house with my own customization maybe I should just sit this one out!
I put a light bar on my grill guard this week and replacement LED bulbs coming so I have no room to talk.

Bill
I never use my L48 TLB in Winter, or after dark, so don't need to bore holes for lights, or anything..
I took my ROPS off, (saved it) because I found it to be a nuisance.
Sadly, I now know that I have a nearly worthless 260 hour L48 TLB. 😪
It weighs 7,750 lbs. though, so scrap value might be almost $400.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Vigo

Equipment
B6100, B8200
Jan 9, 2022
San Antonio Texas
Ive found i can’t ever get to the point of feeling like something is ‘mine’ until i’ve either taken it pretty far apart and then back together, or modified it.

Since my Kubotas are so reliable i am basically forced to rely on modifications. 😂

Nice work!

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
wow, I made 1,000s of holes using Greenlee punches when I built vacuum tube amplifiers....
half a century ago...
thanks for making me feel OLD.....:(
I made a lot of them with a wrench until we got the hydraulic one at work! Only used the manual ones after that if it was a tight place. Making them in a heavy distribution breaker panels wasn't for the faint of heart!

I bought a chineseium hydraulic unit for some holes I was making at home but the threads don't match the greenlee ones. It works for my retirement projects though.

Bill

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
I never use my L48 TLB in Winter, or after dark, so don't need to bore holes for lights, or anything..
I took my ROPS off, (saved it) because I found it to be a nuisance.
Sadly, I now know that I have a nearly worthless 260 hour L48 TLB. 😪
It weighs 7,750 lbs. though, so scrap value might be almost $400.
My wife and I just took in a new rescue dog last Saturday, I could probably start a scrap tractor rescue and get them to the same good home as "Rudy" the wire haired terrier just got. let me know if I can be of help getting a forever home for that L48!

Bill

arml

Equipment
B5100e BX2200 JD455AWS JD425
Jan 27, 2022
Pennsylvania
Seems to me you added a lot of premium options which would increase it's value......forget the green paint. LOL

santa2.jpg