I am thinking of buying a 2115 Kubota L2501 HST 4WD

baily1

This tractor will have a loader. I am planning on doing light work around my horse farm with it. My husband with do the big jobs with his big Kubota. Anyone have this model? Would love to hear your reviews on it. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
This tractor will have a loader. I am planning on doing light work around my horse farm with it. My husband with do the big jobs with his big Kubota. Anyone have this model? Would love to hear your reviews on it. Thanks.

Baily,

just curious, why that model? Husband have an L series too? Only reason I ask , the B series will do a great job at "light work"also, even the BX series will do - depending on ground clearance situations.....The L series is a great tractor series, what duties will your tractor be doing exactly?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I was wondering the same I know people that raise horses and use the BX to clean stalls and all around in and out of the barn. The B will work as well thought a bit larger frame wise. Dont discount the BX. they aint no lawn mower they are a work horse for tight quarters, back hoe and FEL work too,, smaller and takes a little more time. You will however be amazed at what these small tractors can and will do,,, SOOOOOO tell me what kind of light work are you thinking of doing anyways,,, And what kind of hay burners are you raising:confused:, my younger days I raised and rode Arabs, now the only horse I ride is an iron one,,lol

baily1

It is a Kubota L2501 HST. 4 WD. We have 15 horses and we have outdoor run in shelters for them. For some reason the horses think they should poop in them. So saying that there is a lot of manure to remove from them. My husband's tractor is just a little too large to get in to clean them. I will also be cleaning pens and snow removal from around the gates.
Also Snow Plowing a path down the driveway just enough for my husband to get in from work. He will do the rest with his big tractor.
We board horse for people and I have a few horses of my own. They all are saddle horses and they do pleasure riding mostly with them. They're all different breeds of horses here. Paints, quarter horses, Appaloosas, Morgan's and so on.

Eray

Equipment
L2501 HST
Feb 24, 2015
Lenoir City, Tennessee
I bought a new L2501 HST about 3 months ago. Now have 46 hours on it. It works great for loader work. Only problem I have run into is a shortage of power when pulling a 5 ft rotary cutter up steep hills. The loader cuts into hard ground well and even roots up small trees. I dug up a 20 inch diameter culvert 16 ft long with the loader with no problems. The 5 ft bush hog works well on fairly flat ground but lugs the tractor down when mowing up hill. I love the little tractor but with my 34 acres to mow, I would get a L3901 if I had it to do over.

Bunker Buster

Equipment
2015 L2501DT
I bought the DT version of the L2501 a month or so ago and have been very pleased with it. I needed the heavier weight of the L series with how my property is laid out (hills, terraces, loose dirt, etc...). I've done a little bit of loader work with it and it meets my expectations. It mows great and has the power I need so far.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Hi Baily, not sure what you are planning in the way of implements, but I got a lightweight (aka cheap) landscape rake and it does a dandy job of pulling horse manure out of sheds and spreading manure from their favorite areas to other parts of the pasture. Cleaned up a whole winter's worth in a few hours. Only problem I have is the ROPS on L3560 does not clear the roof structure on some of my sheds, but the rake reaches back far enough to get most of it. Folding the ROPS is a pain on mine.