Hydraulic pump relief valve.

Tuskar

Equipment
B2710 . Flail mower .finishing mower cement mixer . Transport Box Log splitter.
Jan 11, 2023
Weissfjord , Ireland
Hello folks .
My Kubota B2710 . I'm running a hydraulic log splitter at the rear , I have checked the pressure and it's reading 1500lbs under load . Can I adjust the relief valve to bring it up to spec 1992 lbs . Can anybody please advise where the relief valve is located and is it a matter of adjustment or do I need shims .
Thanks

Last edited:

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Kubota B2710 . I'm running a hydraulic log splitter at the rear , I have checked the pressure and it's reading 1500lbs under load . Can I adjust the relief valve to bring it up to spec 1992 lbs . Can anybody please advise where the relief valve is located and is it a matter of adjustment or do I need shims .
Thanks
First you need to tell us how the log splitter is plumbed and where/how you measured the pressure.

Ooops - I see its Tuskar. Still need to know that info.

Dan

Last edited:

Tuskar

Equipment
Jan 11, 2023
Weissfjord , Ireland
First you need to tell us how the log splitter is plumbed and where/how you measured the pressure.

Ooops - I see its Tuskar. Still need to know that info.

Dan
Hi Dan .
Me again 😂 yes . I've got myself a pressure gauge and measured 1500 lbs on the rear 3/8" spool , that's part of the 3 point lift I think . I didn't obtain the block for the front yet (loader port ) . I've been to the kubota dealer.
Perhaps 1500 is what's expected at the rear ?
Please advise.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hi Dan .
Me again 😂 yes . I've got myself a pressure gauge and measured 1500 lbs on the rear 3/8" spool , that's part of the 3 point lift I think . I didn't obtain the block for the front yet (loader port ) . I've been to the kubota dealer.
Please advise.
The 3pt relief setting is 1920-1991 measured at the test port on the rear housing. Your measurement is at the work port on the mower lift and it may have its own relief set at a lower pressure. I am also assuming you plugged the gauge directly into the outlet on the tractor. If you teeded into that line you may be seeing the relief setting of the log splitter itself.

If the Kubota dealer can't help you with that outlet block PM me - I have an offer thats hard to refuse :rolleyes:

Dan

Last edited:

Tuskar

Equipment
Jan 11, 2023
Weissfjord , Ireland
Hi Dan .
Please advise.
Can't find PM on this forum.

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
For my BX I got a hydraulic pressure kit from BXpanded. My pressure was a little low. I bumped it up to 2000psi. There was a noticeable difference in the lifting/curling force of the FEL.

For my BX you increase the hydro relief pressure by removing the spring and adding shims to it.

Tuskar

Equipment
Jan 11, 2023
Weissfjord , Ireland
For my BX I got a hydraulic pressure kit from BXpanded. My pressure was a little low. I bumped it up to 2000psi. There was a noticeable difference in the lifting/curling force of the FEL.

For my BX you increase the hydro relief pressure by removing the spring and adding shims to it.
Thank you. That's what I was hoping for , but I now understand the rear 3pt outlet might have a different spec.

Reactions: 1 user

Tuskar

Equipment
Jan 11, 2023
Weissfjord , Ireland
Hi Dan .
Please advise.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Tuskar what are you trying to accomplish?
As replying to yourself doesn't get a lot done... Well I guess it would if you have mutiple personality disorder.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Tuskar

Equipment
Jan 11, 2023
Weissfjord , Ireland
There is a good chance you are measuring the relief setting in the log splitter valve and not the one in the tractor.

Dan
Hi again Dan. It's a year since last contact, a lot has been going on and happening.
I've done zero since and still interested in upping the hydraulic power output of my B2710 when used as a hydraulic log splitter of 10 tons . As stated I'm recording a out 1500 lbs at the spool outlet at rear which is plumbed into a block above the rear axle (right side )
I've used an electric 5ton splitter for years and this 10ton splitter feels like about the same power .
You did mention a block being fitted up front near the pump and taking feed from there . My supplier doesn't supply such item .
Patrick

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hi again Dan. It's a year since last contact, a lot has been going on and happening.
I've done zero since and still interested in upping the hydraulic power output of my B2710 when used as a hydraulic log splitter of 10 tons . As stated I'm recording a out 1500 lbs at the spool outlet at rear which is plumbed into a block above the rear axle (right side )
I've used an electric 5ton splitter for years and this 10ton splitter feels like about the same power .
You did mention a block being fitted up front near the pump and taking feed from there . My supplier doesn't supply such item .
Patrick
I can supply the block shipped from USA. Block and shipping is not expensive - not sure what governmental ransoms you might have to pay on top of that.

Dan

Tuskar

Equipment
Jan 11, 2023
Weissfjord , Ireland
I can supply the block shipped from USA. Block and shipping is not expensive - not sure what governmental ransoms you might have to pay on top of that.

Dan
Great . Let me know the damage from your end . Would be nice if described as second hand. May I use PayPal to fix up ?
Also can you describe to me , what precisely else must be done . I vaguely remember connecting up extra pipes or something . Can the return remain in the previous port on the spool .
Sorry to be a pain 😔

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Great . Let me know the damage from your end . Would be nice if described as second hand. May I use PayPal to fix up ?
Also can you describe to me , what precisely else must be done . I vaguely remember connecting up extra pipes or something . Can the return remain in the previous port on the spool .
Sorry to be a pain 😔
Trust me, i jave been selling parts for over 20 uears and you are not a pain. Just the opposie.

Like you I am a little vaque on what we discussed previously and will have to reread the thread. BlocK is $35 USD and if you PM me your shippung info i will get a price on that. Used part, commercial sample, or similar is no problem for me.

Dan

Tuskar

Equipment
Jan 11, 2023
Weissfjord , Ireland
Trust me, i jave been selling parts for over 20 uears and you are not a pain. Just the opposie.

Like you I am a little vaque on what we discussed previously and will have to reread the thread. BlocK is $35 USD and if you PM me your shippung info i will get a price on that. Used part, commercial sample, or similar is no problem for me.

Dan
That's great news.
(MOD REMOVED ADDRESS)
I can't seem to find the threads either , pardon me for saying I find the site little tricky to navigate.
I'm currently using two spools on the rear of my B2710 for my log splitter work . Performance is reasonable, but if it can be improved I'd be happier. I think the spools are run off the mower lift .
I recall you felt that if I connected in to the system nearer the pump id achieve more power and hydraulic oil would run cooler too . You also mentioned some extra pipe connector I'd have to be mindful of otherwise I could dead end the pump and blow it . Perhaps you would advise me on this again . I think my log splitter has a free flow system when in neutral. Also I'd have to re hook up the pipe again .
PS
I've split about 10 ton of hardwood last October using the splitter on the rear of the Kubota . It's a dream being able to maneuver to the right spots and raise the splitter to accommodate my 70 year old back . 😂
Patrick

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users

Tuskar

Equipment
Jan 11, 2023
Weissfjord , Ireland
I noticed on my tractor specs it quotes 6.5gpm flow rate plus 3gpm to steering pump . So hopefully that total 9gpm could go to splitter.
I'm not expecting miracles , but every little helps !!
Patrick Murphy

Last edited by a moderator:

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I noticed on my tractor specs it quotes 6.5gpm flow rate plus 3gpm to steering pump . So hopefully that total 9gpm could go to splitter.
I'm not expecting miracles , but every little helps !!
Patrick Murphy
Looks like the ports on this block are 1/4" US pipe thread. Are you going to need fittings to adapt that to something more common in your part of the world - e g British Stanfard pipe? I can send them along with the block.

Dan