Hydraulic leak on loader

bcallaha

Equipment
B7800 w/Loader
Apr 1, 2010
Chandler, Indiana
I have a Kubota B7800 with a LA402 loader. I was tilling my garden yesterday when I noticed that I had a leak coming from around the loader control valve. As much as I can tell, it looks like the leak is coming from where the fitting attaches to the hose. After consulting my manual, I believe it's the power beyond hose. Can I just remove the fittings on the loader control valve and tractor and replace the hose, or are there precautions I need to adhere to? Is the hose under pressure? I know nothing about hydraulics, so I have no idea what the power beyond is or what it does. Once the hose is replaced, is there a "bleeding" procedure? Any advice and help is appreciated.

Thanks
Brad

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
Brad, if the tractor isn't running, there will be no pressure. If some pressure does happen to be trapped, it would be very safe to relieve. Just don't try working on hydraulics with the tractor running.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes shut off the tractor (loader on the ground) move the loader control in all directions to relive any pressure, remove the hose, or does it just need tightening?
Most hydraulic connections on these guys are taper fit, if the leak is around where they meet it probably just need tighted.
If you do remove or replace parts, it will prime, purge and flush itself out and work perfectly.