Hydraulic Fluid Level / shuttle shift M7060

Streetrod00

Mar 10, 2019
NY
Just picked up a new M7060 w cab. Manual doesn't offer much in re to hydraulic check / fill procedure. Should it be done warm with all cylinders retracted? In any event, shows just on tip of dipstick. Roughly how much is needed to move into safe range? I assume the dealer didn't check after mounting loader. Also, the shuttle shift is very abrupt. Is there a dampener someplace? My Deere had a dampening control on the dash.

Many thanks!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Check it cold and loader sitting on the ground.

No way to know how much fluid you will need, they don't tell you "when it touches the dipstick add another quart". ;)

No Shuttle dampener control on the dash, but there may be some variable in the adjustments, you will need to get the WSM to find out.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
If it's a hydraulic shuttle like mine are, there is a modulating valve on the clutch pack that controls fluid flow that modulates lock up. I think it's externally adjustable but I've never fooled with either of mine.

Because it's load sensing, lock up can be abrupt at times. With mine I prefer abrupt because the faster the pack locks, the less slippage there is. I tend to throttle back when shuttling anyway. direction changes at any speed is hard on the damper plate.

The above only applies to a hydraulic shuttle, not the mechanical shuttle.

Far as fluid in the loader cylinders, they hold so little it's not of consequence. Like Wlofman said, loader on the ground with the bucket level.

My 9 holds 56 quarts and I think the 105 is about the same. The 14 gallon level won't change much with the cylinders full or empty, not that you can empty them anyway as they are double acting so you'll have fluid on one side of the piston or the other.

Be sure the tractor is level as that impacts fluid level a lot.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Been my experience that if the fluid just touches the bottom of the dipstick (tractor level, fluid warm), i takes about 2 quarts to bring it midway on the stick and 3 to top it off (to the max fill mark). I wouldn't be overly concerned so long as it's touching the end of the dipstick. There is a lot of 'juice' in there anyway.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Also the tractor has to be on a level surface, both side to side and front-to-rear, in order to get an accurate fluid level check. Seen a lot of salespeople get upset because they can't see oil in the glass, yet fail to consider that the parking lot that the tractor's sitting on isn't level.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Just picked up a new M7060 w cab. Manual doesn't offer much in re to hydraulic check / fill procedure. Should it be done warm with all cylinders retracted? In any event, shows just on tip of dipstick. Roughly how much is needed to move into safe range? I assume the dealer didn't check after mounting loader. Also, the shuttle shift is very abrupt. Is there a dampener someplace? My Deere had a dampening control on the dash.

Many thanks!
Sent you a private message

Dave