Hydraulic Chute Rotator

OC455

Equipment
BX2350 LED ROP, FEL, Belly mower,modified snow blower, pole boom, middle plow
Sep 30, 2016
Rome NY USA
Why are you looking at a motor that is twice the cost and is overkill for what you need?
This is much a slower motor and 1/2 the cost and size.
http://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydrau...VE-HYDRAULIC-MOTOR-TB0080AS100AAEY-9-9491.axd

FYI: You have 6.1 total GPM, you will have losses for Power Steering and such, so the max would never be over 6.1 GPM.

Was just comparing one motor that OldeEnglish used to one that was listed. Nothing more....:)

So, the 6.1 GPM rate from the tractor and the 5.0 cu in motor you listed which has a flow rate of 9 GPM, would essential be slower because you do not have the flow rate to drive the motor to its listed RPM. Just making sure I understand it. I can usually figure stuff out pretty good....:D

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The motor you picked out is a high flow motor, you can tell because it has a case drain (you would need to run three lines to operate that motor).

The motor I picked is a good combination of small size, low RPM and low flow.
And yes you will be able to slow it down even more by restricting it's flow. ;)

Last edited:

OC455

Equipment
Sep 30, 2016
Rome NY USA
Next pay check is going to be parts gathering time.

I think I got a good idea what I'll be doing.

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
Was just comparing one motor that OldeEnglish used to one that was listed. Nothing more....:)

So, the 6.1 GPM rate from the tractor and the 5.0 cu in motor you listed which has a flow rate of 9 GPM, would essential be slower because you do not have the flow rate to drive the motor to its listed RPM. Just making sure I understand it. I can usually figure stuff out pretty good....:D
Wolfman found a good motor for a good price. I was a bit limited to what I could use because I bolted it up to a gear reducer that needed a certain bolt pattern as well as shaft size. The motor did cost me a bit more but the whole project cost me $200 less than what it would have cost for the kit from the blower manufacturer.

OC455

Equipment
Sep 30, 2016
Rome NY USA
Wolfman found a good motor for a good price. I was a bit limited to what I could use because I bolted it up to a gear reducer that needed a certain bolt pattern as well as shaft size. The motor did cost me a bit more but the whole project cost me $200 less than what it would have cost for the kit from the blower manufacturer.
Ordered the motor and some other parts. Along with some other items.

I got some ideas from Paul Short's youtube videos. Gonna give em a try on my little machine.

WoodCarver75

Equipment
BX-25D, Bucket, Backhoe, tiller, snowbblower
Jan 21, 2019
Acton
www.etsy.com
What did you end up buying for a motor? I would like to do the same with my BX5450. Last winter i used a window motor but it no longer works....

asgard

Equipment
B2301, 60 inch deck, 51inch blower
Oct 22, 2016
Ontario, Canada
I went for an electric motor rotator, 3 years no issue, if it does go I can pick one up for almost nothing at the scrap yard or $20 new.
I ran both window motor and linear actuator for rotation and cute through a 4-way connector, some relays and a 4-way joystick.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca