Hydraulic Cap popping off

mvwood

Equipment
B21(sold) B26
Apr 7, 2011
Wallkill NY
I have a 2013 B26 TLB and I noticed the other day while I was checking things over that the cap to the hydraulic fill was missing. I found it laying on the backhoe floor board. So I snapped it back in and went on my way. Well now I have noticed that every time I use the tractor it pops the cap off.:eek:
I currently have a piece of wood wedged on top of it to keep it in place. Has anyone had an issue like this? is there some type of relief port or valve that could be blocked or stuck that is not letting the excess pressure out? I checked the fluid and the level is within spec. All implements seem to function properly although I have not tried the 3-pt hitch as of yet since the backhoe is currently in place.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
It should have a vent and a lot of the time it's the fill cap but I'm not sure about your model. I'd find the vent before using it any more than I had to. Obviously it's building pressure which means by you holding the cap on you are risking blowing seals out. Find the vent asap.

JerryMT

Equipment
Kubota M4500, NH TD95D,Ford 4610
Jun 17, 2017
The Palouse - North Idaho
It should have a vent and a lot of the time it's the fill cap but I'm not sure about your model. I'd find the vent before using it any more than I had to. Obviously it's building pressure which means by you holding the cap on you are risking blowing seals out. Find the vent asap.
+1. The hydraulic reservoir must have a vent and yours is plugged. Look for a hole in the cap. It may be plugged.

mvwood

Equipment
B21(sold) B26
Apr 7, 2011
Wallkill NY
Ok so I figured that piece was the vent since it sits right next to the cap. I pulled it off and there was no dirt or blockage. Drove the tractor after and still popped off the cap. One thing to note is the rubber cap doesn’t seem to have much grab when I push it in. Possibly it is just worn a bit and doesn’t have as much resistance as the breather tube and therefore the pressure is pushing it off? I will order a new one and report back.

mvwood

Equipment
B21(sold) B26
Apr 7, 2011
Wallkill NY
Actually there is no O ring or a place for one just 3 ridges in the stem. Possible not the correct cap?