Hunting Camp Tractor - Need Advice

Rodeo hunter

Equipment
l4400hst with loader,
Apr 2, 2014
Indiana
I only added the extra articles to cover the Kubota because I use it for profit off of farm. It's mainly for wrecks. I have known at least twice where entire barns burnt full of 2 million plus in equipment and it was covered. Different strokes for different folks. I know I couldn't afford to replace everything.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Insurance, what a joke.

I got my shop and a few other storage buildings broken in to a couple of years ago and I found out the hard way what insurance fine print really means.

Just to sum it up, I got robbed by a piece of garbage thief and them bent over and screwed by my insurance company.

I have a farm policy and in the front it talks about anything used on the farm is covered. If you go to the back of the policy it plainly say if a item is used for any type of agriculture (hay, row crop, cattle, ect.) it's not covered.

I now have my implements, tractors and tools listed on my policy and pay extra so they will be covered. I don't know which is worse, a thief who comes to steal your stuff or the insurance company that we pay only to get ripped off when we need them. No matter what, the working man gets screwed.
I'm glad you have not allowed this to make you bitter!

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I'm glad you have not allowed this to make you bitter!
I'm tickled pink. Made my day to loose about 70K and have my insurance company offer me $1000 back. My premium was $1500 so I would have been $500 ahead to not even have insurance at all. :confused:

Bitter, not me. How could you ever think having some low life theif come in and steal from me make me bitter. You mean that you don't enjoy working hard for something for years only to have some doped up piece of garbage take it from you so they can sell it and buy more drugs. :rolleyes:

I don't drink or do drugs so I guess this is the way I can help the local dealer make money.

Last edited:

Rodeo hunter

Equipment
l4400hst with loader,
Apr 2, 2014
Indiana
Don't forget the shady folks at the insurance companies. I had some give me some " great" quates only to realize that they were only in effect from tues thru sat on a full moon and sun thru Monday on a 1/4 with a min barometric pressure of 39.0. All were void if the pollen count was high and it only paid 37.94582% if it was a leap year on weds after 5:42 on mountain time. I feel ya man. Sorry to get off topic

Come to think of it he tried to sell me a years supply of " flex seal " and was gonna throw in a " sham wow" if I paid processing fees.

Last edited:

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
I bought the Kubota insurance (5 years pre-paid) with my L3200. It's part of the 0 down monthly cost now...

Seems to cover everything but acts of war... don't know why those aren't covered, if my tractor gets taken out by a terrorist, I think that's when I'd need them most... maybe they expect me to shoot back and get some kind of payback. Jury is out on that one... :confused: